Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think it annoys Ward that hes not popular?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As others have said he's a family man who seems to understand what's really important in life, so I'd say no. Also he's making good money, maybe not astronomical like Floyd, but it's good, good money. If he's a true son of God than he knows it's not about the love and money he gets, but about the love he gives, knowing God loves him win or lose. He seems to understand that so no.

Comment

Ward strikes me as a working man, athlete first. I think he's concentrated on his craft. Not to say he wouldn't like to be more popular, but he's still relatively young I suppose. I agree he could be promoted better, most certainly.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
        He probably has no clue. All he knows is that everyone wants his autograph now and millions of people watch him. He's not looking at it from your fan's perspective. He's living the good life.
        This. Not everyone needs to be as famous as Floyd/Pac to be content with their lives.

Shiiiiieeeeeeet. I wish I had Ward's life, minus the fighting.

Comment

He has cleaned out his division so well, that he stands the risk of being overlooked. He is one fighter that is so on top of his game, that i would never bet against him. The super middleweight division is kinda quiet right now compared to how it was.

Light heavy is very quiet also. I wish Ward could make middleweight right now. Lots of young talent working their way up there that would certainly give Ward a motivational boost, as well as the promise of some exciting fights that would only improve his public awareness more.

Comment

you can look at both sides. On one hand I think he is the type to not let it get to him else he would be doing stupid **** for attention.

On the other hand, while he is now a millionaire, he is not getting the pay that his talent deserves. You got Wlad over there fighting tomato cans in germany for 8 to 10 million a pop while Ward has cleaned out a more competitive division where the guys actually have to make weight instead of the fat slobs we have at heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
              he's not popular cause his style is boring

no, not the best

maybe he shouldn't just fight in oakland / westcoast then....

No... it's his style... its not entertaining...

why would he think that?

he knows pac, cotto, rios and others are entertaining.... he isn't...

he knows floyd is a clown, he's not gonna go that route...

maybe he wishes he was german. Felix sturm probably makes more money than ward, fights garbage guys and is boring as hell. Atleast wlad is talented and there is only garbage to fight in his division.

Comment

Can't say that I blame if it does.

I'd be annoyed and/or frustrated too.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                  ward's a family man. he probably could care less about fame. as long as he's champ and he's providing for his kids, i think he's happy.
                  This is true though.

Comment

I didn't bother reading through this entire thread, so I don't really know if it's been brought up before, but Ward is pretty popular, at least in term of Twitter Followers. He has almost 3X as many followers as Broner. More then Froch. Hell more than almost every other professional boxer out there. Only guys I could find that had more then him were Pacquiao, Mayweather, and Sergio Martinez. Every time he fights in Oakland he seems to bring out a good crowd.

He might not be that popular on a national scale, but he does make 7 figure pay days every time he fights and draws a good crowd in his home town. I doubt he's that disappointed.

Comment

I think it has alot to do with always being the main event at home and didnt come up on the undercards of big PPV fights so never got that exposure. Does it bother him? I dont think it does at all hes about God Im sure fortune n fame are not his priorities in life.

Comment

Working...
                      X