Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    it was from his Twitter...

Lennox Lewis ‏@LennoxLewis
    RR @martinolindgren: Someone told me you have 2000 ratingpoints or so in chess. Is that correct? <-yes

No idea if true!

A chess player rated anywhere near 2000 would have tons of ranked matches and I'm not finding any.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
      A chess player rated anywhere near 2000 would have tons of ranked matches and I'm not finding any.
      Where are you looking? Chessgames.com? An expert player wouldn't necessarily have any games represented there. I checked three major chess federations: USCF, ECF and FIDE. Lennox is British, so he should be rated using the ECF system; but they only go as high as three digits. He's not listed as a member of the USCF (which goes into four digits), nor FIDE (which uses a similar system to USCF). In short, it seems Lewis is not only not 2000, but not rated at all.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
        The Klitschko brothers can't be that good. Together they played against a National Master (2300) who was blindfolded (they weren't) and got mated in 16 moves.

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1621715
        I cant believe they bite the bishop. Being blindfolded itīs a soft handicap for this players, I saw Carlsson beat ten guys blindfolded in simultaneos games. If its true Lewis is a 2000 fide rating is really impressive.
        Last edited by calamaro; 01-18-2015, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Lewis is one the smartest if not the smartest boxers still has almost all his wealth

Comment

Working...
          X