Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would Broner have to beat to become a real star?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juan Manuel Marquez is the best fighter he can face. Beat him and your a star.

Comment

He would at the very least have to beat the top 140 lb fighters..Garcia, Mathysse, Khan, Peterson, even Guerrero would be good.. If he can beat at least some of those names it would elevate him into Star contention! 1 of those names and Pacquio would bring him to stardom as well, I would really like to see him and Pac because there closer to the same size and theirs styles would make for a perfect fight!

Comment

Khan Khan Khan. I think that fight would make Broner a star even if it isn't the best fight for him at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          the big dogs at 140

Matthysse, Rios, Marquez, Garcia, Khan, Peterson...people his size
          this right here ^^^^^^^^

Comment

What were the ratings for the DeMarco fight??? I find it hard to believe he'd do less than the 1.4 million who watched him against Escobedo.

Comment

If he were to beat a Gamboa, given Gamboa comes back strong, and than move up to 140 and beat a few people like Rios, Garcia, Marquez, Matthysse, he'd be a star.

Comment

Even if Marquez were to lose another close decision to Manny, Broner-Marquez could still happen.

Say Broner has 1-2 more fights at 135, and say Marquez fought Rios or Garcia at 140 and won, than Broner-Marquez could happen in the Fall 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  Khan Khan Khan. I think that fight would make Broner a star even if it isn't the best fight for him at 140.
                  But Khan isn't really a proper star either, and did Garcia become a star after beating Khan?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    What were the ratings for the DeMarco fight??? I find it hard to believe he'd do less than the 1.4 million who watched him against Escobedo.
                    1 million according to Iole

People forget his last ratings were pegged on the fact that he had the Bradley vs Pac replay as a lead in.

Comment

Broner's fight with Escobedo did 1.4 million viewers, a very good number especially for BAD.

His fight with DeMarco did 1.05 million viewers, but he went up against a UFC card ont he same night. plenty of people probably watched only the UFC or DVR'd Broner. So considering that, 1.05 was probably pretty good, not great though.

Comment

Working...
                      X