Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whom Is Floyd Mayweather Toughest Possible Opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
    Or he could fight the toughest of the four: Martinez
    Would anyone really think he's ducking anyone if the guy fights and beats Martinez? I don't think he would have anything left to prove by then.
    I will go and say he is ducking if he take canelo knowing that canelo is the onlyone in the sport who don't fight ppl from his weight division, never fought even a top 500 p4p....and I think that he is gonna chose canelo cuz he is known for a cherry picker..

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
      lol, you bring a 12 year old fight? Not to mention it was a young (late starer) Sergio's first fight outside of Argentina. 12 years ago Manny got KO'ed in3 against Medgoen Singsurat and Guerrero is 1-1 with Gamaliel Diaz (by your logic that means they're all bums).
      Great comment man..you have said all..

Comment

martinez is too big and too skilled, floyd is a small WW but martinez better not fight with his hands down, i think floyd will figure him out but the size would play a big role... cottos size imposed itself on floyd

Comment

martinez
          alvarez
          pacquiao
          guerrero

Comment

1. Martinez
            2. Pacquiao
            3. Canelo
            4. Guerrero

Comment

1. Sergio because of his footwork, work rate, and power to really hurt Floyd. He fights fearless, has great conditioning, and shouldn't be hurt by too much of Floyd's arsenal.

2. Canelo, although he doesn't have the footwork of Sergio, this kid can bang. Don't know why some people sleeping on Ginger, but Canelo is no joke. He could put Floyd to sleep if he tries that rope a dope crap he's been doing these past few fights. He'll be the bigger fighter, he uses his weight well, and throws great combos which seems to be rare for larger fighters these days. If he can corner Floyd, he can win. If Floyd keeps it in the middle of the ring, he can take him, but it's a fight I fear for Floyd. Can you imagine one of our greats losing to Canelo? That's like Pac losing to Rios. smh

3. Pacquiao/Guerrero. I have these two tied. Pac has the experience and power to take Floyd down but he's been slowing down considerably in his past few fights. If he struggles with Marquez another time I don't see him giving Floyd much trouble at this point. Guerrero because he's hungry and really wants to prove himself. Decent skills, but not on Floyd's level. He needs a couple of more good fights then he should be near ready. But right now, no way. Floyd whoops him.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
                I picked Canelo because of his physical attributes. Manny can't win being a one minute per round fighter, plus his cramping late in fights. Serg just had knee ligament surgery, and he depends on his legs. Guerreros not strong enough to stop Floyd.
                I agree. I think Mayweather would successfully potshot against Martinez.

Comment

Sergio Martinez

MannyP

Canelo

and that ghost dude, the dirty one

Comment

First time where Floyd's next possible opponents are clearly laid out. Assuming he still won't fight Pac.

Martinez
                    Canelo
                    Guerrero

Comment

Sergio mostly because of his SIZE...but Sergio problem would be trying to beat Mayweather from the Outside and I don't see that Happening and also he doesn't apply pressure at all so I think Mayweather would likely figure him out cut the ring off and Force Martinez to change his Guard and once that Happens Mayweather takes control of the fight

Martinez will look like a Different fight when he is not the fastest and the most athletic guy in the ring, that style is amazing against guys who are not that fast and have **** footwork, but a guy who is just as fast if not faster with fast hands...I think he is going to struggle

Comment

Working...
                      X