Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you name five fighters of the last decade greater than Wladimir ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
    Alright. Lets make a voluntary trade. I'll take Wlad off my HOF list if you take Kostya Tszyu off yours. Assuming your standards even allow you to put him in there. Who knows, he might just be on your avatar for the kicks and not because you think highly of him.

After all he only has a mere 31 victories as a professional. With his most notable wins being against a fade Chavez, Judah and Mitchell. All before getting a nice retirement send off by being beaten by Ricky Fatton. This is a pathetic resume even by my standards even though I'd still give him the HOF.

Do we have a Deal?
    I think you're on the right track with this. Kostya Tszyu's career was underwhelming. He could have done more but elected to fight infrequently and retire abruptly.

That said though Tszyu had a better run than Wladimir Klitschko has.

In almost half as many fights.

I feel like you're making my point for me..

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      That said though Tszyu had a better run than Wladimir Klitschko has.

Wishful thinking. No, not even that.

Comment

Wishful thinking. No, not even that.
        No?? We're talking about Kostya Tszyu right? The top 10 P4P guy for FIVE consecutive years? Can't be the same guy.

Comment

Boxing is the only sport that has digressed in talent.

You look at an old black/white video of Sugar Ray Robinson, and he makes the current welterweights look like slow-plodding zombies. Boxing IS THE ONLY SPORT where an athlete from 50 years ago puts the currents to shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
            Haye is even LESS experience than Michael Spinks and SMALLER too.

Yet Wlad couldnt KO him, in fact he dropped 3 rounds to Haye.
            Let's be very clear - Wlad isn't Tyson. Judging someone on if they can KO them or not is dumb. He rarely comes in and lays it all out. "Styles make fights" and if someone is running from him, his style dictates that he's just going to win an easy decision, and who can blame hime? You rating Haye above Wlad is a JOKE. Wow... just, what a joke.

Let's also point out something VERY important about Wlad. He's fought the absolute best available, at every point. He's never ducked anyone. It's been a long time since someone has dominated a division so damn hard. The same couldn't be said about your boy Calzaghe. There were plenty of opportunities for him to make better fights. Now I give him credit for winning the fights with Hopkins and Kessler (even though Hopkins almost beat him), and overall I think his career was okay, but he waited way too long to make a fight that was worth a damn. Calzaghe never dominated his division as hard as Wlad is dominating his. What's funny about Calzaghe is that he retired undefeated, but isn't really regarded THAT highly. When it is all said and done, the boxing world will hold Wlad in much higher regard than Calzaghe. Arguably, Andre Ward already has a better career than Calzaghe and he's got half as many fights.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe
              Floyd Mayweather
              Manny Pacquiao
              Lennox Lewis
              Shane Mosley
              Erik Morales
              Juan Manuel Marquez
              Marco Antonio Barrera
              Bernard Hopkins

etc...

Comment

Mayweather
                Pacquiao
                Hopkins
                Calzaghe
                JMM
                Tszyu
                Lewis
                Froch
                Ward
                Roy Jones
                Mosley
                Morales
                Barrera
                Winky Wright

Comment

I didn't say he is the GOAT in terms of accomplishment. His opposition and his 3 losses will always hold him back no matter how many more wins he racks up from here till retirement.

But nothing can stop me from saying or from being confident that the current version beats anybody from 1900 to 2012, even if some of them are debatable (like a prime Cassius Clay/Ali ---which is the style and size combination that would be the most effective against Wlad). Lennox Lewis at 6'5 and his boxing skills, also has his merits but that's it form this posters perspective.

I don't even compare him to Vitali. They're like conjoint twins to me and a part of each other. As far as JOe Louis, Tyson, Bowe, Holmes, forget about it. I've had my share of debate about those guys and all leads to Wlad winning by TKO stoppage.

Comment

fk off klit fans

Even B+ level guys like Tommy Morrison of the 90s would've cracked Waldos jaw into a thousand pieces

Post Prison Tyson would rape him and have to go back to jail and even guys like Ray Mercer would beat him to a pulp.

Comment

Floyd mayweather
                      Manny pacquiao

Comment

Working...
                      X