Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guerrero: I Have The Style To Take Mayweather Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    I don't know what ya mean by using others rankings to justify my view??I gave you 5 fighters all that without any doubt in anybody's mind would be ranked ahead of Berto..If ya can't understand why or how then maybe your the one who is not worth conversing with...

All I ask is that this guy fight a belt holder and you've been up in arms about it..Why??Scared he'll lose and not get that shot??Like I said beating Berto should not get you a shot at Mayweather..I said the same thing when Ortiz got his shot,it's only fair to say the same about Guerrero...
    Yea and I told you 3 of those 5 guys are worse than Berto~ so you should check yourself because another poster already pretty much said the same thing as I did. So even if you don't think my view matters maybe you will listen to him, you should check yourself.

Belt holders are meaningless and all those guys are garbage, I would rather see him fight someone better than Berto than fight guys who are at best his equals, to see what he really has.

It was stupid then and it is even stupider now because Guerrero is a much more accomplished fighter on a whole than Ortiz. You want a guy to get tested well Floyd is the ultimate test, having a problem with a guy taking the hardest possible test is asinine.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Yea and I told you 3 of those 5 guys are worse than Berto~ so you should check yourself because another poster already pretty much said the same thing as I did. So even if you don't think my view matters maybe you will listen to him, you should check yourself.

Belt holders are meaningless and all those guys are garbage, I would rather see him fight someone better than Berto than fight guys who are at best his equals, to see what he really has.

It was stupid then and it is even stupider now because Guerrero is a much more accomplished fighter on a whole than Ortiz. You want a guy to get tested well Floyd is the ultimate test, having a problem with a guy taking the hardest possible test is asinine.
      I checked myself..What was I looking for again??LOL...

I guess Paulie should get a shot at Floyd as well how about Alexander...Brook as well..Zaveck how about him??LOL..Dude I don't know why your against Guerrero going against an Alexander...You give Berto far to much credit..I could see Berto losing to Alexander Brook so saying Berto is better then 3 out of the 5 is just a matter of opinion..One I don't share...

Comment

Guerrero has been pretty underrated for a long time, it is more just people coming to that realization rather than this victory by itself. Although for a guy who started at 122 and won his first belt at 126 the way he beat Berto was rather impressive and unexpected.

You do things people don't expect, even if the opponent is limited people will give a guy more respect for that.
        it is impressive that he has fought in 6 different weight divisions, BUT who has he really fought and beaten? I think a guy like viloria has a much better case for being in the top ten p4p than guerrero. he should try and get another high profile fight at ww (maybe the winner of alexander vs brook) and that would increase his stock and his argument for a floyd fight.
        Last edited by Bermuda; 11-25-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
          it is impressive that he has fought in 6 different weight divisions, BUT who has he really fought and beaten? I think a guy like viloria has a much better case for being in the top ten p4p than guerrero. he should try and get another high profile fight at ww (maybe the winner of alexander vs brook) and that would increase his stock and his argument for a floyd fight.
          This is my argument right here..Who has he beaten,and make a stronger case for a fight with Floyd,by beating a notable Champ...

Comment

Alexander, Brook and Paulie are all worse and less accomplished at 147 than Berto. If you can't see or understand that and need others ranking to justify your view you aren't worth conversing with.

Guerrero is now a top guy in like his fifth weight class (he was considered a top guy in all of them) and you want him to do more. It is time for reaching for the top he doesn't need to do more, he has earned his spot poor excuses don't change that.
            But Berto isn't exactly at his peak like he was when he fought Ortiz. Berto has been inactive for 14 months and had to get surgery within that time. A win against an inactive fighter like Berto is different, but still a win nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
              Top 10 would be debatable currently, although I think you could slide him in at the very bottom but there are a lot of guys like that and it is all in the eye of the beholder at that point. He certainly is not a sure thing on the list.

I don't think he needs that, either he can do good against Floyd or he can't another win over any of the riff-raff at 147 won't change anyone's mind. That is the point he is at in his career, he may not get the nod then he would have to go that route but he should go for the gusto and he stand a decent chance of getting that opportunity.

If he gets that sort of opportunity him deserving or not doesn't matter, it matters what he does with it, and with the hunger and determination he showed in the Berto fight I don't think you could count him out against an aging part time fighter even if that fighter at his best should be able to take care of him.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                But Berto isn't exactly at his peak like he was when he fought Ortiz. Berto has been inactive for 14 months and had to get surgery within that time. A win against an inactive fighter like Berto is different, but still a win nonetheless.
                He is still a pretty accomplished 147 pound fighter, and the division is pretty weak. Brook, Alexander and Malinaggi I certainly don't consider to be any better than Berto they might be equals but all those guys have done less than Berto. I don't need to see Guerrero fight someone equal to Berto, I want to see him fight someone better. Floyd fits that, is it the greatest fight out there nah but it works just fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  I checked myself..What was I looking for again??LOL...

I guess Paulie should get a shot at Floyd as well how about Alexander...Brook as well..Zaveck how about him??LOL..Dude I don't know why your against Guerrero going against an Alexander...You give Berto far to much credit..I could see Berto losing to Alexander Brook so saying Berto is better then 3 out of the 5 is just a matter of opinion..One I don't share...
                  Except I said I rated Berto over all those cats, so I would consider Guerrero above them.

Did I say I was against Guerrero-Alexander? I don't need to see it though to think Guerrero deserves a shot at the top, Alexander should beat someone better than Maidana in his first fight at 147 or Bailey who is garbage and maybe I would consider him worthy of a shot also. If Guerrero fights Alexander so be it but with where he is at in his career he should be trying for more, Guerrero has beat plenty of solid Alexander types in his career beating another one does nothing for me. I want to see him fight someone clearly better it is time for him to do that, I don't need to see him *****foot around.

Comment

Top 10 would be debatable currently, although I think you could slide him in at the very bottom but there are a lot of guys like that and it is all in the eye of the beholder at that point. He certainly is not a sure thing on the list.

I don't think he needs that, either he can do good against Floyd or he can't another win over any of the riff-raff at 147 won't change anyone's mind. That is the point he is at in his career, he may not get the nod then he would have to go that route but he should go for the gusto and he stand a decent chance of getting that opportunity.

If he gets that sort of opportunity him deserving or not doesn't matter, it matters what he does with it, and with the hunger and determination he showed in the Berto fight I don't think you could count him out against an aging part time fighter even if that fighter at his best should be able to take care of him.
                    well if he does get a floyd fight next, then i won't knock him for jumping on the opportunity since he's been asking for it for awhile now and he seems convinced that he's ready. but whether i think he really deserves it and if he has a good chance at beating floyd is another story.

Comment

He is still a pretty accomplished 147 pound fighter, and the division is pretty weak. Brook, Alexander and Malinaggi I certainly don't consider to be any better than Berto they might be equals but all those guys have done less than Berto. I don't need to see Guerrero fight someone equal to Berto, I want to see him fight someone better. Floyd fits that, is it the greatest fight out there nah but it works just fine for me.
                      Berto was coming off his first defeat and was inactive for 14 months. That is a big deal. It can easily be argued that those other guys you mentioned would have been a tougher fight because they were not coming from the same set of circumstances. Most importantly, they are all active. Berto was not. Then Berto, the inactive fighter, only had about a month to prepare... It's not as stellar of a win as you think.

Comment

Working...
                      X