Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lmao @ berto tryin the mayweather defense and gettin dropped twice!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure berto has always used the shoulder roll/philly shell before this fight. i don't know why some keep mentioning it. maybe I'm seeing things.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
      I'm pretty sure berto has always used the shoulder roll/philly shell before this fight. i don't know why some keep mentioning it. maybe I'm seeing things.
      Link to the fights where berto opened up the fight using the shoulder roll? Because I cant recall

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
        Link to the fights where berto opened up the fight using the shoulder roll? Because I cant recall
        i don't know about opening up a fight with it, but I've seen him use it before. not as frequently as he tried last night though.

Comment

i thought he looked so stupid in that stance

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
            Mayweather didnt invent the philly shell.... stfu about it u tools...
            everybody uses it.. theyre not "trying to be like mayweather ". if youve watched boxing for more than 5 years you would know that plenty of boxers use the philly shell.. even cotto does it sometimes.
            Lets try and keep our panties on dude....floyd is the most known for using that style as of late which is why i said floyds defense....clearly u missed the whole point of the thread which is how foolish berto looked using it. Lets stick to the subject plz and calm down its not that serious To be callin ppl tools. Lighten up

Comment

i don't know about opening up a fight with it, but I've seen him use it before. not as frequently as he tried last night though.
              You are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                plus it's something that takes years and years of practice. It's not something a pro fighter can all of a sudden just pick up at age 29 or whatever.
                On top of that he tried it with a Southpaw, the entire thing had me scratching my head.

Comment

He does here and there but I don't think he's ever taken such a flat footed, side profile to that extreme like he did last night...he's always been in position to throw his jab naturally and parry what's coming back in other fights. It didn't look like he knew how to get his jab off as frequently as usual, it's one of his best tools and it was out the window very early on. Robert walked right in almost, I was surprised that he seemed to be welcoming an in-fight which he isn't as good at

Comment

floyd is on his way out. al haymon probably trying to raise an army of floyd clones to be his new cash cows.

Comment

Originally posted by nv__ View Post
                      Lets try and keep our panties on dude....floyd is the most known for using that style as of late which is why i said floyds defense....clearly u missed the whole point of the thread which is how foolish berto looked using it. Lets stick to the subject plz and calm down its not that serious To be callin ppl tools. Lighten up
                      You had no idea it was called a Philly Shell or Shoulder Roll defense did you?

Comment

Working...
                      X