Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Objectively, which of Pac's catchweights were unfair?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
    Honestly, if you look at how the fight went. Cotto was at his strongest early in the fight. He landed bombs on Pac that Pac took well. As soon as he was KD in the 3rd and 4th, Cotto was a lot more hesitant and that's when Pac's momentum was too strong to break. I'm not sure if the fight would have looked any different any other way. There was no way Pac would have signed to fight Cotto at 154lb when he was still testing the WW waters, and obviously Cotto didn't have a loaded gun held to his head when he made the decision to take the fight. He believed he could win stating numerous times that he felt he would be too big for Pacquiao as did Oscar, Hatton, Margarito, Mosley, and Clottey. Oh well.
    power and stamina: two things surely affected by cutting the extra 2 lbs.

cotto didn't have a gun to his head but he was facing his biggest payday which, unlike what most clowns on this board think, doesn't come around all the time.

Manny leveraged that to get cotto to give in on the weight. Would cotto have won, IDK either, but for anyone to say the weight didn't have an affect has to come up with a solid reason as to why manny forced the issue if 2 lbs wasn't such a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post

Manny leveraged that to get cotto to give in on the weight. Would cotto have won, IDK either, but for anyone to say the weight didn't have an affect has to come up with a solid reason as to why manny forced the issue if 2 lbs wasn't such a big deal.
      Even if Pac hoped the 21b might help him, there is no evidence to suggest it did. The fact that Pac forced it, is neither here nor there. Just like when you play the lottery you hope you might win, but nothing to suggest you will win, or in this case nothing to suggest 2lb hindered Miguel. It might have been a nuisance that is all.

Miguet struggles against everyone it dont matter what weight he comes in. He struggled with Clottey and i wouldnt suggest if he came in at 145 against Clottey he would have lost to Clottey.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
        cotto had a history of having trouble making 147?

link?
        Why would a person/"Boxing fan" who follows the sport need a link? Just asking...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post

cotto didn't have a gun to his head but he was facing his biggest payday which, unlike what most clowns on this board think, doesn't come around all the time.

Absolute guff, you clearly havent got a clue what you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
            Why would a person/"Boxing fan" who follows the sport need a link? Just asking...
            Because its not true? just a guess. Cotto has never struggled to make 147, and even if he had it would probably owe to a lack of discipline, but he hasnt so there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
              Nice try, but I'm not a Pac or Mayweather fan. Cant wait til they both leave the sport tbh, but you keep chuggin that lottery soda and sniffing that arse!

This is a point completely wasted on you, but here goes. You whine about Pacfarters for backing up their guy apparently for whatever he does good or bad, yet you do exactly the same thing yourself with Floyd, only with more intensity. Dont you realise just how much of a prick that makes you look? I dont suppose you do....
              You don't even make sense. Just stfu and mind your business.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Even if Pac hoped the 21b might help him, there is no evidence to suggest it did. The fact that Pac forced it, is neither here nor there. Just like when you play the lottery you hope you might win, but nothing to suggest you will win, or in this case nothing to suggest 2lb hindered Miguel. It might have been a nuisance that is all.

Miguet struggles against everyone it dont matter what weight he comes in. He struggled with Clottey and i wouldnt suggest if he came in at 145 against Clottey he would have lost to Clottey.
                a solid reason as to why manny asked for the extra 2 lbs. I know its hard to come up with one, especially when throughout history the fighter that is the larger earner leverages that to get every advantage possible.

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
                  I need it verified, if cotto did indeed have issues making 147(despite coming in at 146 on numerous occasions)

then surely someone has an article or something where he's saying how "oh man, making 147 is soooooo difficult, im just like, totally killing myself dawg"

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                    You don't even make sense. Just stfu and mind your business.
                    Like I said, I didnt expect such a simple concept to be understood by you, and you have just tripped over your two left feet by admitting such. Nice one, brainiac.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                      Absolute guff, you clearly havent got a clue what you are talking about.
                      Right gong. Training and diet required to lose the additional 2lbs when your body is already deprived doesn't affect power or stamina. I guess that why both real wrestling and boxing are making changes in how they monitor weight loss because of the negative effect on the body.

Comment

Working...
                      X