Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Objectively, which of Pac's catchweights were unfair?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny how its unfair for Cotto to have to lose 2lbs but its not unfair when Pac is outweighed by almost 20lbs on fight night vs both margarito and clottey.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      Theres NOTHING wrong with the offers!! If they didn't want the contracts they didn't have to sign them. Theres way to much BS on a few pounds given or taken + (plus) pounds have always been a part of boxing. I don't like them for title bouts but if both agree its a done deal.
      Cotto dropping a pound or two is meaningless!!! He got beat by a better fighter plain and simple! Ray.
      Soooo why cap your opponents weight?

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        Funny how its unfair for Cotto to have to lose 2lbs but its not unfair when Pac is outweighed by almost 20lbs on fight night vs both margarito and clottey.
        But wasn't Pac coming in the ring at the lower weights at 144 pounds and even as high as 148?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          Here is another example of a Pacquiao fan who thinks that Pacquiao can do no wrong.
          Nice try, but I'm not a Pac or Mayweather fan. Cant wait til they both leave the sport tbh, but you keep chuggin that lottery soda and sniffing that arse!

This is a point completely wasted on you, but here goes. You whine about Pacfarters for backing up their guy apparently for whatever he does good or bad, yet you do exactly the same thing yourself with Floyd, only with more intensity. Dont you realise just how much of a prick that makes you look? I dont suppose you do....

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
            I totally agree. But Cotto wanted a chance to earn money and fight the best.
            I know thats why Im less critical of it.

Comment

I remember when Mosley was calling for a fight but they said he'd have to drop to 143lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                To make a man go down to 145 when he was having difficulty making 147 previously, affects things during training. by limitng the weight a fighter can rehydrate to after the weigh in affects a fighter as well. Seems like there are really only 2 questions:

If 2 lbs wasn't a big deal, why did manny require it to fight? would cotto have won if he was allowed to come in at 147?
                Honestly, if you look at how the fight went. Cotto was at his strongest early in the fight. He landed bombs on Pac that Pac took well. As soon as he was KD in the 3rd and 4th, Cotto was a lot more hesitant and that's when Pac's momentum was too strong to break. I'm not sure if the fight would have looked any different any other way. There was no way Pac would have signed to fight Cotto at 154lb when he was still testing the WW waters, and obviously Cotto didn't have a loaded gun held to his head when he made the decision to take the fight. He believed he could win stating numerous times that he felt he would be too big for Pacquiao as did Oscar, Hatton, Margarito, Mosley, and Clottey. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
                  I remember when Mosley was calling for a fight but they said he'd have to drop to 143lbs
                  I remember that as well. Hell Mosley even accepted and they still backed out. But after losing to Floyd and looking like crap against Mora they took the fight in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                    So your saying the 1lb made a difference? Perhaps it made a difference in Cotto's mind? Whatever it may be, I find it very hard to believe 1lb could make a difference. And I'm one of Cotto's biggest supporters along with Pacs. If you would like me to believe it did, then OK, cause I love supporting Cotto and if that does it then great, but honestly, I don't feel cool arguing that 1lb caused him to lose the fight with anybody.
                    Some simple, fundamental questions for ya;

1. Have you ever cut weight?
                    2. How many times during cotto's welterweight career did he, when drained and in shape, weigh in at 145?
                    3. Tying questions 2&3 together, if you have cut weight then you know the last pounds are the hardest, especially an extra pound more. If cotto comes to the scale in shape and drained.....and still has an extra pound he has to lose, where do you suppose that pound comes from? Being an avid pac fan, im guessing you did watch the 24/7 on their fight, and im also gyessing you conveniently skipped the part(s) where cotto had to starve himself just to make the weight.

All in all, its arguable if he pound affected cottos in ring performance or not. The million dollar question is, why did pac demand a catchweight?

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
                      Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
                      I remember that as well. Hell Mosley even accepted and they still backed out. But after losing to Floyd and looking like crap against Mora they took the fight in a heartbeat.
                      so.....much.....uninformed.....stupidity.......... ...carry on

Comment

Working...
                      X