No announcement yet.

Berto showed heart

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
    and how much did canelo make for fighting josesito a blown up junior welter ??
    canelo puts asses in seats berto does not

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
      and how much did canelo make for fighting josesito a blown up junior welter ??
      Joseito Lopez has more skill in his pinky finger than Andre Berto, who by the way was holding the entire fight and almost got KO'd in the first round by a former featherweight who has marginal punching power at 147.

Comment

Not a lot of guys could go the distance after getting an eye shut and two KDs early on. He didn't have any quit in him, that's for sure. He was just caught off guard by that aggression and unbreakable chin.

Comment

I have major issues with a lot of things surrounding Berto but yes, credit must be given for finishing that fight. Especially when we've so many fighters wilt and quit under less pressure than that.

Comment

if it wasn't for the PEDs, Berto would've been KOed

Comment

Andre Berto could have quit after the illegal intentional thumb closed his eye in round two but he fought hard the rest of the way like a warrior. He has flash but way more substance. Can't wait to see him again on HBO, hopefully making $2.6 million!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGMARS View Post
                Andre Berto could have quit after the illegal intentional thumb closed his eye in round two but he fought hard the rest of the way like a warrior. He has flash but way more substance. Can't wait to see him again on HBO, hopefully making $2.6 million!
                He might get another $$ money fight but I think his days at elite level is closing fast.

Comment

Yes he did. Showed allot of heart despite having both eyes almost gone & knowing he was behind on the cards kept going all the way till the final bell. True warrior heart.

I think the ref was horrible btw... Not that the out come would have been different, just tout I'd share that. Guerrero surprised me ALLOT with his chin & power. Good fight over all.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
                    He might get another $$ money fight but I think his days at elite level is closing fast.
                    berto was never elite level... he was on the cusp... if he wanted to get paid, he should've fought mosley... then he would've gotten his shot against pac

Comment

Working...
                    X