Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO have been a disgrace tonight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever since they got props for calling out the 119-110 judge for the Williams-Martinez fight, they started doing it a lot, thinking that they were speaking up for the people type shit... They've been miscalculating ever since

That's what happens when u force something that became popular when it was natural

Comment

It was fine everyone overreacts to HBOs commentary

Comment

I think the HBO crew was surprised by how Ghost took the fight to Berto and KD'd him twice, and the announcers never recovered from it.

Berto was constantly holding and Ghost kept landing punches with his free hand. He put on a clinic in effective aggression, partly because Berto was too stupid to figure out how to clinch properly. Instead of praising Ghost, Max was calling him a "dirty" fighter by the 5th round.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
          I remember that clearly. Two rabbit punches in a row, even the crowd start booing - and Kellerman starts ranting about the ref. I mean, WTF.
          Anyone remember in which round that happened?

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
            Anyone else getting sick and tired of Kellerman ovveracting to every fight like its an all time classic?
            Just listening to his ridiculous comments tonight you would think we were watching Gatti-Ward when this fight was just plain ugly.
            Roy Jones Jr. used to check him when they first started working together but it seems he has backed off him a bit.
            yes. yes. yes. I agree. stupid commentary beyond imagination. The fight was ugly as hell and the commentators were talking as if we were watching Hagler vs Hearns or Ward vs Gatti.

Comment

I can usually ignore such bias easily, but this fight was really bad. Honestly, the first round Berto doesn't hit the canvas in, he's turning the fight around? No, he was still getting smacked around.

Berto has never been nothing more than a HBO hypejob though, so they have to see that terrible investment to the end.

Comment

Bang, Bang, Bang!

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                  Their disgusting nuthuggery of Berto took me out of the fight.

At least Ortiz got his props when he exposed Berto.

I mean, that was horrible.

Does Haymon really have that much power at HBO?
                  I had the fight 116-112 for Guerrero but then again maybe If I heard less biased commentary I might of had a wider margin of win for Robert...
                  They were pretty shocking though they were picking at straws dying to give rounds out to Berto in their unofficial cards lol.

Comment

Of course all you Debbie Downers are out in full force. HBO commentators being biased for certain fighters is nothing new. You would think that after all these years people would have come to expect that, especially after Pac-Bradley and Pac/Marquez 3. Guess not.

As for their commentating on the action in the ring, it's natural for them to get a little carried away as it was a very entertaining fight throughout. The fact that it was an ugly fight doesn't mean it was garbage or unworthy of being talked up as FOTY. Again, boxing fans are their own worst enemies. It doesn't matter who was calling the fight last night, for a thread like this would have been made regardless. You don't like the HBO regular announcers? Press Mute on your remote, or switch to HBO Latino. Or make a real stand and cancel your subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by nysoxfan84 View Post
                      Of course all you Debbie Downers are out in full force. HBO commentators being biased for certain fighters is nothing new. You would think that after all these years people would have come to expect that, especially after Pac-Bradley and Pac/Marquez 3. Guess not.

As for their commentating on the action in the ring, it's natural for them to get a little carried away as it was a very entertaining fight throughout. The fact that it was an ugly fight doesn't mean it was garbage or unworthy of being talked up as FOTY. Again, boxing fans are their own worst enemies. It doesn't matter who was calling the fight last night, for a thread like this would have been made regardless. You don't like the HBO regular announcers? Press Mute on your remote, or switch to HBO Latino. Or make a real stand and cancel your subscription.
                      But seriously can you justify them trying to give a round to Berto upon 30seconds he landed good shots to 2 and a half minutes Guerrero was tagging him constantly?

Can't remember what round that was exactly think it was round 8.

Comment

Working...
                      X