Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO have been a disgrace tonight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember when Lampley used to have crushes on MAB and DLH? At least those guys were good.

Andre fooking Berto?!

Lampley is the first to seek refuge in punch stat numbers but for skipped over them quiet speedily tonight for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
      Remember when Lampley used to have crushes on MAB and DLH? At least those guys were good.

Andre fooking Berto?!

Lampley is the first to seek refuge in punch stat numbers but for skipped over them quiet speedily tonight for some reason
      man i dont even understand how you hype a fighter like berto up he is horrible to watch and what the hell was berto thinking trying to use the shoulder roll now? Did he really think that was gonna be effective lol

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
        man i dont even understand how you hype a fighter like berto up he is horrible to watch and what the hell was berto thinking trying to use the shoulder roll now? Did he really think that was gonna be effective lol

Andre fooking Berto?!
        They're Al Haymon/HBO's fighters, guys. Fighters that have been chosen to be the next stars regardless of their performances. It's HBO's job to tell the public who they're supposed to root for, period. Remember when Lampley flat out lied about Broner missing the weight the second time against Escobedo, saying team Broner didn't understand the agreement?

There was no misunderstanding, HBO just didn't want fans turning on Broner.

We didn't used to have that **** on Showtime. We just got the fights and were left to decide. Now even that is over with.

Comment

Totally agree. I muted it for a while. Roy Jones annoyed me the worst followed by the Lampley. Berto was holding the entire fight - even his corner was calling him out for it. To call this the fight of the year is a hype job. The fight wasn't even close. Berto won at the most four rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
            Honestly, I think Hauser should do some digging around on the Berto/HBO situation.

Let's look at his purse first. $1.6m, which is damn good for anyone outside of Pac/May/Cotto.

Now people keep saying he shouldn't be getting paid that well when he's failed a drug test. I think a failed drug test won't affect the purse - which should be based on drawing power.

Now, does Berto have a fanbase? No.

Does he do great numbers for HBO? No.

Is he an exciting fighter? No, he's got an ugly ass style. He just happens to be so very very vulnerable that B-level fighters get to him.

Does he have a huge upside in terms of potential? Ortiz already derailed that train.

So why is he getting paid so well? He was getting $1m for an undercard fight against Hernandez, FFS.

And tonight, HBO team going all out in nuthugging him...

Something ain't right here.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              They're Al Haymon/HBO's fighters, guys. Fighters that have been chosen to be the next stars regardless of their performances. It's HBO's job to tell the public who they're supposed to root for, period. Remember when Lampley flat out lied about Broner missing the weight the second time against Escobedo, saying team Broner didn't understand the agreement?

We didn't used to have that **** on Showtime. We just got the fights and were left to decide. Now even that is over with.
              man it really sucks that great fights are ruined by this crap really makes fans turn away. instead of guerrero being praised for a great performance we heard max make excuses for him the whole night.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

I think Showtime are still pretty good. They've had a terrific run these last few years ago, although it helps when HBO are producing such garbage on the regular opposite them.

Hauser needs to do a piece of HBO and Haymon. This is getting out of control. Another thing dawned on me tonight, seeing the Watson twins YET AGAIN - how many dates have Haymon fighters taken up on HBO this last year?

I mean, they're even on the undercards now.

Comment

Damn I was thinking the same thing, they were sucking Berto dry, disgraceful commentating

Comment

I remember that clearly. Two rabbit punches in a row, even the crowd start booing - and Kellerman starts ranting about the ref. I mean, WTF.

It was farcical.

In the interviews, all I heard was the viciousness of Berto's punches, the ref being unjust, etc.

I've always thought boxing is a sport you interpret yourself, and you don't need people telling you what just happened (unless you're Larry X). I'm seriously gonna watch the next HBO fight on mute. I've tried it a few times and it was actually fascinating just watching the fight without the clowns chiming in. I went back cos I'm so used to hearing the commentary and the crowd but that's it, the next HBO is on mute.

I mean, I don't need this. I don't need my intelligence insulted.
                    Roy Jones doesnt seem so bad, I just wish HBO would offer to an alt live boxing channel without commentary, i love to listen to the punches n can concentrate more on the actual fight just like the last round of Martinez vs Chavez they did on Lampleys boxing show, then listening to Jim Lampley fake boxing analyst commentary i understand his a fan but dude doesnt know **** bout boxing most of the time im like wtf is he serious lol!!!

Comment

Honestly, I think Hauser should do some digging around on the Berto/HBO situation.
                      Something ain't right here.
                      See my above post. There's no secret here; Berto is with Al Haymon. It's a combination of a lot of factors, but Al Haymon pretty much gets whatever the **** he wants

Gary Russell fighting a 8-rounder on HBO?

Berto, with no fan base, getting a million bucks to fight bums?

Seth Mitchell getting HBO paydays?

Take a look at his list of fighters and then look and see who both HBO and Showtime are hyping as the future of the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X