No announcement yet.

Who would have won if the fight had continued. Vitali or Old Lennox

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valery Abadzhyan TKO 3 Lennox Lewis

Lennox Lewis was stopped by a Soviet boxer in the amateurs, by Valery Abadzhyan in the TSC tournament in Berlin in October 1986 (round 3 bodyshot knocked him down, he was hurt badly and the referee stopped it).

http://amateur-boxing.strefa.pl/Reco...n_Valeriy.html

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      We will never know and this fight will be debated forever among fans, plenty of things could have happened later in the fight but Lewis won fair and square but its too bad he declined the rematch and hung them up.
      This is not about the rematch.. I also thought Lewis should have given Vitali a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Valery Abadzhyan TKO 3 Lennox Lewis

Lennox Lewis was stopped by a Soviet boxer in the amateurs, by Valery Abadzhyan in the TSC tournament in Berlin in October 1986 (round 3 bodyshot knocked him down, he was hurt badly and the referee stopped it).

http://amateur-boxing.strefa.pl/Reco...n_Valeriy.html
        and Tefilo Stevenson almost ended that Soviet's life.

Translator

"I never was hit like that, I thought I was going to die, first time I wanted to quit'

Just imagine... the guy who tkoed Lewis was almost KILLED by Stevenson.
        Imagine what would have happened to Vitali if he fought Stevenson.
        D

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
          and Tefilo Stevenson almost ended that Soviet's life.

Translator

"I never was hit like that, I thought I was going to die, first time I wanted to quit'

Just imagine... the guy who tkoed Lewis was almost KILLED by Stevenson.
          Imagine what would have happened to Vitali if he fought Stevenson.
          D
          Imagine what would have happened to Lennox if he fought Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
            are you high
            No, he's like that all the time so I'd say he's ******ed rather than high :geek9:

Poet

Comment

If this fight carried on I imagine Vitali would have been blinded in that eye, not be able to see anything from his left and Lennox would have taken it on points or a late TKO.

It would not have been a good situation for him if he could not see when Lennox throws his right...

Comment

The referee in that fight shouldn't have allowed Lennox to hit while holding and to rub his gloves into Vitali's cuts.

I thought I saw Lewis deliver a quick sneaky deliberate headbutt in close when I watched the best video I could find of the fight, in round three just before Vitali started to bleed. The punches of course made it worse.

But Vitali was badly cut and stopping the fight was necessary.

Comment

The fight DID continue from round 3 and Vitali failed to protect himself or launch any significant offense on Lennox Lewis.

Vitali's cut was given more time than Hagler had against Hearns or Marciano against Walcott. Vitali didnt get the job done. period.

Comment

If it wasnt stopped in the 6th then it would have been stopped in the 7th if not the 8th and so on because Vitalis skin couldnt absorb a punch without cutting so it was inevitable. The only way Vitali could have won that fight is if he had someone elses skin which isnt possible so matter what happend that night Vitali never could have won if it went on.

Look at the state of his face!

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                      The fight DID continue from round 3 and Vitali failed to protect himself or launch any significant offense on Lennox Lewis.

Vitali's cut was given more time than Hagler had against Hearns or Marciano against Walcott. Vitali didnt get the job done. period.
                      Great post. He was given plenty of time.

Comment

Working...
                      X