Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Really Like Adrien Broner...but...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I dislike Broner outside the ring, I think he would school Burns!

Comment

broner still has a lot to prove and one of those things is to bring the fight to the opponent's backyard. pacquiao did it to barrera back then (1st fight) at arlington, texas. no one chanted pacquiao's name but he cut right through barrera like a knife through butter. the best way to expand marketability is to win convincingly in front of the opposing fighter's home turf.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
        Stop being hysterical. Burns couldn't make the weight anymore & had to move up. He's huge at Lightweight & was killing himself at Super Feather.

Come on, Shoulder Roll, real boxing fans don't need to do this. Respect the men that get in the ring.
        Burns could have made the weight for one more fight but the opponent led him to pass on the opportunity. Now I suspect that coming over to America to fight Broner will lead him to pass on the opportunity again.

Not being hysterical, just noticing a possible pattern.

Comment

He's a more well rounded human being? He talks crap before fights, after fights... Floyd has proven that he's on top of the world in boxing so when he talks crap, its one thing... And he always retracts after the fight

Broner hasn't done ANYTHING yet, and still talks all this crap

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            Nobody outside the UK even knows who the hell Burns is, only Burns we know here is Montgomery Burns.
            like your 2nd sig, too

As far as Broner is concerned, if he wants to be like Mayweather outside the ring or before/after the fight, so be it...Floyd changed his game to become who he is today, so if Broner wants to get that cash...go for it

Comment

why can't they just do the fight in vegas?

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                Broner has no business or need to fight Burns in the UK, yes it's a fight I would like to see, but I don't want an American getting robbed over there. I see Broner easily getting a KO win, but you never know what can happen (ref calls a BS DQ). Nobody outside the UK even knows who the hell Burns is, only Burns we know here is Montgomery Burns. Tell homeboy to come to the US and get his ass whopping here.
                Not gonna lie, that's the first thing that popped in my head.

Comment

But isn't it the same, outside of US no one knows who broner is?

Comment

Originally posted by VersaBan View Post
                    Not gonna lie, that's the first thing that popped in my head.
                    Surely HBO would much rather air an event that takes place in-front of 50,000 screaming scottish fans than 5,000 in vegas. Even if it means waiting until 4 in the morning over here.

You cant deny that a good atmosphere pumps up the casual fan. It just looks better for the sport in general.

Burns is the draw atm, Broner will be soon im sure, but at the moment Burns pulls in the cash, and he does have a world title as well.

Broner wins this by KO as well.

Comment

broner v burns please

Comment

Working...
                      X