Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best British fighter right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL not one vote for Khan

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
      Haye's best win is either Enzo Mac N Cheese, or Valuev. haha and Valuev would be eligible to be a lifetime pensioner in England, USA, or any western country! he's a cripple, mate! He has a real deformity/disease! Hahaha.
      No.

Haye's best win is Mormeck who was the man at Cruiserweight when Haye beat him, he became the man.

Why bring up Thompson?

That holds no relevance and you have no clue about him...
      Last edited by D-MiZe; 11-23-2012, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
        frank warren talked about this a few weeks ago when he said burns was the number 1 british fighter, the reason because when froch stepped up he got beat vs ward.
        So Frank Warren compared a fighter he promotes with a fighter he doesn't promote, and the guy he promotes came out on top? Give me a few minutes to get my head around this. And as for "stepping up", that's all Froch has been doing for 2 years or more, and he has a damn fine record in doing so.

Comment

Froch or Haye.

Froch's run of opponents and activity give him the dge though.

Comment

froch by a country mile and for once a poll on boxingscene is dead on. The number two spot is debatable but it's between burns and haye.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              No.

Haye's best win is Mormeck who was the man at Cruiserweight when Haye beat him, he became the man.

Why bring up Thompson?

That holds no relevance and you have no clue about him...

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
                Carl Froch number 1 without doubt
                2. Ricky Burns
                3.David Haye

Nathan Cleverley was on ringside last night and he congratulated Carl on winning the award and said that his time would come in a couple years. He might be right

Actually forgot all about Ricky Burns. . .

I'd place him right behind Khan, and ahead of Haye. So: Froch, Khan, Burns, Haye.

Comment

Froch by a mile
                  not based on skill, he doesn't have much
                  but based on what he's done, he's the top UK guy

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                    Plus he would probably easily KO all the guys you just mentioned and you should know that as well as I.
                    No I don't know that and neither do you because boxing matches happen in the ring, not on paper. Haye is relying on people like you saying he probably beats other contenders whereas boxing is relying on people like Froch actually doing it.

The guy has never dominated his division (the only one he's campaigned at) and he really is nothing more than a good solid contender/titleholder.
                    Most of the guys who "dominate divisions" are those who (a) cherrypick their way through them, or (b) fight in a weak division.

If they take on the best back-to-back, home and away, then they'll take some Ls on the way just like the champions in any other sport.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                      You going to say something or just answer with emotes?

Comment

Working...
                      X