Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most exciting current American boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    He's British not English.
    Either way he has a parent that is Jamaican. He also doesn't look anything like a normal English person(he's black!). I just see no difference between Mexican-Americans and African Americans or anything of that matter. Americans of latino decent actually have a higher population in American than African Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
      I had a couple of mates round last night and one of them said "Americans area great boxers, but they are always boring, check out Hopkins, Mayweather, Ward, all can fight, but all are hardly entertaining inside the ring"

I said there is the likes of Kirkland and Broner who seem to be good value entertainment for casual and hardcore fans.

Who do you guys think is the most exciting American fighter (beside Mexican-Americans) and do you agree with my mates statement that Americans whilst good fighters are boring inside the ring?
      Anders brevik

Comment

and everyone knows the most exciting American is Paulie M anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          When will Mexican-Americans be considered Americans? This thread just proves how a lot of people outside of America don't consider them American. What makes Mexican-Americans any less American than African-Americans? Unless you don't consider anyone American, since our nation isn't that old to begin with. If you're born on American soil, you're American.

It's upsetting to think that majority of people around the world consider Mexican-Americans 2nd rate citizens. They will never classify them as Americans.
          check, lol, dont play that caring card, i still hate the wolverines and ive heard you indirectly cheapshot mexican americans so your post has no merit, lol, im american, mexican american but i dont go usde that card as to my advantages, lol, lol, corrales and mickey ward, kevin kelley and emmanuel augustus, paul williams , those should be the answers you put, , many mexican americans seperate themselves cause they fight toe to toe like mexican all out fighters,

Comment

Danny Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
              Danny Garcia
              i guess he is, lol, berto might not even be american and just haitian,

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
                check, lol, dont play that caring card, i still hate the wolverines and ive heard you indirectly cheapshot mexican americans so your post has no merit, lol, im american, mexican american but i dont go usde that card as to my advantages, lol, lol, corrales and mickey ward, kevin kelley and emmanuel augustus, paul williams , those should be the answers you put, , many mexican americans seperate themselves cause they fight toe to toe like mexican all out fighters,
                I indirectly take cheapshots at all fighters. Just seems to me most people don't want to consider MA's, American. It makes me wonder what it was like to be an Italian in America 100 years ago, or of Irish decent.

I can't really buy the fighting style thing then. Unless American boxing is strictly looked at as African Americans and the "slick" ones. Plenty of Americans fight toe to toe. Pavlik, Garcia, and Cloud all aren't slick. Too many people associate American boxing with Mayweather. Even the best fighter in America isn't really "slick" and would probably rather bang(ward).

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
                  i guess he is, lol, berto might not even be american and just haitian,
                  Berto def an American fighter. He was born here and I think one of his parents is American(mom). Haiti can have him though, he isn't anything special.

Comment

Mexican-American is as legit an identity as being Mexican or American. It's just imaginary lines at the end of the day.

Matthew Macklin was born to Irish parents in Birmingham, so in the UK he'd probably have been called Irish in school, and when he came over to Ireland for the summers he'd have been thought of as English.

I don't know what it's like for Mexican-Americans but I imagine they have to deal with the same stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                      I indirectly take cheapshots at all fighters. Just seems to me most people don't want to consider MA's, American. It makes me wonder what it was like to be an Italian in America 100 years ago, or of Irish decent.

I can't really buy the fighting style thing then. Unless American boxing is strictly looked at as African Americans and the "slick" ones. Plenty of Americans fight toe to toe. Pavlik, Garcia, and Cloud all aren't slick. Too many people associate American boxing with Mayweather. Even the best fighter in America isn't really "slick" and would probably rather bang(ward).
                      but you mostly seem to say indirects towards mexican american fighters for a rivalry reason or maybe envy or jealosy or hate , lol, i dont know, lol, i never seen you cheap shot african americans or white americans but i have seen you throw indirects at ricans too, im not accusing you of rascism like larryx or burner would accuse others but youre incapable of not showing biassness when it comes to some people or fighters

Comment

Working...
                      X