Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is ray Leonard beter than mayweather??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
    It wont be easy by normal standards but it's a better match up than say Ray or Hagler. Leonard may be the only one that could push Floyd to his breaking point. He potshots Duran and Hagler to death.
    Possibly a more ridiculous statement than the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
      I almost agree. I have never argued that floyd would beat duran in a H2H. duran is a great fighter / mauler, but floyd is way smarter and more adaptive. yea yea some tards here will call me flomo or whatever, but that wont change the truth.

I dont think floyd could potshot hagler, or beat him for that matter, another unfair comparison, hagler is a monster, size wise, compared to floyd. i think hearns is winnable, and duran obviously...
      I say without fear of contradiction that during their primes, Hagler was the biggest monster among them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
        LOL@believing that yesterday's fighters are the stuff of legends.

In every single sport, the athletes have gotten leaps and bounds better in terms of performance, science and skills.

All except boxing in the minds of certain historians and fanboys.

The stats tell the tale, but I guess in some minds life isn't worth living if you don't have untouchable idols to pray to.

Its incredible the way some lend validity to the theory that "SO & SO from the past" would kill "SO & SO from the present" based SOLELY on the era.

Its like arguing with conviction about fantasy football or baseball. Its supposed to be fun, not realistic.

Yet they hilariously persist as if they have some higher ground ... cheered on by others who are equally delusional.

I personally love it as it amuses me to no end.

Its like the debate where Bruce Lee beats every fighter since his death based on how well choreographed he looked in his films.

Hahaha .. you can always find a good laugh at this site.
        The guys you're talking about fought at the same time Mayweather was a pro too. They have common opponents, as do many others fighting today moron.

If that were true though, every champ today would be as good as Mayweather, or they would all be a mix of Ali, Duran, Robinson, Charles, Pep, Armstrong....instead we have champs like Mayorga, segura, Margarito, Arreola, And a thousand others who suck ass.

Like it or not, boxing is different. It's not against a clock and there is no sport science secret to being able to take a punch. Banks v Mitchell, better athlete doesn't win. Margarito v Martinez better athlete, more skilled, loses by KO.

You guys just don't look at what's staring you in the face. Boxing is the most primitive sport on earth for a very good reason. No matter what science breakthroughs are made, two guys beating the ****e out of each other doesn't change with the advent of excellent new shoes. It's not against the clock, the gloves aren't going to make a difference, as would shoes to a runner, racket to a tennis guy, boat to a rower etc etc.

Guys have fought with the same moves and style that Hopkins, Floyd etc have for decades and decades. You're just too thick to realise it.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
          Possibly a more ridiculous statement than the OP.

where do you rate that idiot hugh grant's statement about pac as the GOAT?

Comment

Actually, that was worse, but I think it may have been tounge in cheek...at least I hope it was.

Comment

I almost agree. I have never argued that floyd would beat duran in a H2H. duran is a great fighter / mauler, but floyd is way smarter and more adaptive. yea yea some tards here will call me flomo or whatever, but that wont change the truth.

I dont think floyd could potshot hagler, or beat him for that matter, another unfair comparison, hagler is a monster, size wise, compared to floyd. i think hearns is winnable, and duran obviously...
              Shhh. I wont tell anyone u said that. LOL. Yeah Hagler is huge so potshots are his only choice. I am a big fan of Hagler but in all his big fights he chose to fight and stalk rather than box and move. Advantage Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                LOL@believing that yesterday's fighters are the stuff of legends.

In every single sport, the athletes have gotten leaps and bounds better in terms of performance, science and skills.

All except boxing in the minds of certain historians and fanboys.

The stats tell the tale, but I guess in some minds life isn't worth living if you don't have untouchable idols to pray to.

Its incredible the way some lend validity to the theory that "SO & SO from the past" would kill "SO & SO from the present" based SOLELY on the era.

Its like arguing with conviction about fantasy football or baseball. Its supposed to be fun, not realistic.

Yet they hilariously persist as if they have some higher ground ... cheered on by others who are equally delusional.

I personally love it as it amuses me to no end.

Its like the debate where Bruce Lee beats every fighter since his death based on how well choreographed he looked in his films.

Hahaha .. you can always find a good laugh at this site.
                give me a break. there is a difference between comparing Mayweather and Leonard and Mayweather and, say, Henry Armstrong.

Unless you think Wlad Klitschko would have lost to Mike Tyson.

Comment

At the same level as you stating that Hearns was easily frustrated with a soft chin and that Floyd could just take his right hand away quick and easy and win like that.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                    Shhh. I wont tell anyone u said that. LOL. Yeah Hagler is huge so potshots are his only choice. I am a big fan of Hagler but in all his big fights he chose to fight and stalk rather than box and move. Advantage Mayweather.
                    Man, do you even realize that Hagler is a natural middleweight?? During their primes he was bigger than ray or tommy or duran or benitez. Floyd wouldn't go near someone like hagler if they fought in the same era.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      At the same level as you stating that Hearns was easily frustrated with a soft chin and that Floyd could just take his right hand away quick and easy and win like that.
                      so, I guess you haven't watched alot of hearns fights then, eh? I dono if I misstated or whatnot, but if I did, Im sure I meant hearns is the easiest of the fights between floyd-hearns and floyd-srl, but it doesnt really matter what you think about it, I can tell what kind of boxing fan you are already, so carry on
                      Last edited by SpeedKillz; 11-21-2012, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X