Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is ray Leonard beter than mayweather??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
    Leonard blatantly avoided Hagler for years and he still gets a pass on here for it
    Funny too how everyone says Floyd would duck Hagler despite taking in the obvious size and weight difference
    Exactly.

A lot of these dudes full of shyt. If SRL was active now they would hate him more than they do Floyd. Hed be a runner, coward and a ducker on NSB.

Comment

• everyone of the fab four beats floyd ... though the more likely scenario if he was around in their time is that health would come first lol

Comment

• Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
        so hearns didn't take the fight to duran? he didn't take the fight to hagler?

hearns did not always use his advantages, he brawled at times.
        Hearns kept Duran on the outside untill he seen the opening for the right for the first knockdown then he brawled a little to try and finish, 2nd round Hearns keeps him on the outside again untill he found the chance to hurt Duran, he didn't brawl with Duran the whole fight, only when it seemed necessery if you watched the fight instead of just the KO you would see that, he absolutely used his advantages in that fight, Hagler took the fight too Hearns and chased him around, not the other way around, Hagler forced Hearns too fight it wasn't just something that Hearns' decided to do.
        Last edited by NChristo; 11-21-2012, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
          Exactly.

A lot of these dudes full of shyt. If SRL was active now they would hate him more than they do Floyd. Hed be a runner, coward and a ducker on NSB.
          not so. Ray had a warrior's spirit. He came to fight as well as box. He rarely came and did the bare minimum as Floyd often does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
            Its interesting that you'd ask how a man that is #1 at WW and #1 at jrMW could have fans.

Equally interesting would be your answer to the question: Who in this era has fought and defeated more top 3 ranked fighters in the divisions they've competed in to prove that they are #1?

What you perceive as "dangerous" seems to boil down to simply being your own personal interest in that particular match happening.

Any boxer who has two fists is dangerous. I'm sure Pauly Malignaggi would have his way with most on this site under the MOQ rules.

However, being perceived as "dangerous" means NOTHING if you can't back it up in the ring.

Please explain: Who did Floyd avoid?

Cotto .. whose biggest win came over Mosley and then less than a year later he was beaten bloody?

Margarito ... who was beaten by Williams before beating Cotto .. and then less than six months later got laid out by Shane Mosley?

Williams .. whose biggest win came over Margarito .. only to be embarrassed by journeyman Quintana 7 months later?

Who are these men that Mayweather avoided. I'd be very interested to know.

Were you referring to the above fighters? So is the fact that those "dangerous" men couldn't even maintain more than a year's worth of longevity at the top what warranted them being seen as "avoided"?

LOL ... maybe you have a point I've overlooked.

Maybe you were referring to Kostya Tszyu, who demanded for a 60/40 split in his favor in order to make a fight with the bigger draw Mayweather. We all know that wasn't going to happen.

But what happened next?

Floyd gave up waiting on Tszyu and gave a brutal performance against Gatti instead. While Tszyu got mugged in the ring by Ricky Hatton. Which gave Hatton the idea that as the conquerer of Tszyu, he could chase Mayweather and beat him. Didn't work out that way.

Oh the irony.

So when you get the time and your thoughts together, do us all a favor and explain to the forum who exactly Floyd Mayweather ducked by consistently facing the #1, 2 & 3 ranked fighters in every division with the exception of Tszyu.

We'll wait.
            ^^^^^^
            This

Comment

Exactly.

They would also say he is a crack head and he beats his wife.

Comment

Exactly.

Leonard wasn't active for years. When he did come back he stepped into the middleweight division for the first time and beat a 33 year old Hagler who was one of the greatest middleweights ever.

Mayweather is active (apparently), and won't face in the 154lb division (where he is the reigning champion) a 37 year old Sergio Martinez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                  not so. Ray had a warrior's spirit. He came to fight as well as box. He rarely came and did the bare minimum as Floyd often does.
                  Don't forget the coke and wife beating. I know he was the truth but the way NSB props him up not just in this thread but in others is just ironic to me.

Comment

Don't forget the coke and wife beating. I know he was the truth but the way NSB props him up not just in this thread but in others is just ironic to me.
                    I don't care what a fighter does outside the ring, brother. I am not one of those clown's who will take shots at Floyd because of his legal issues.

I just think Leonard was an animal far and above many of his contemporaries and we won't see that combination of ferocity, skill, defense and marketability for a long time, I bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      Leonard wasn't active for years. When he did come back he stepped into the middleweight division for the first time and beat a 33 year old Hagler who was one of the greatest middleweights ever.

Mayweather is active (apparently), and won't face in the 154lb division (where he is the reigning champion) a 37 year old Sergio Martinez.
                      Leonard admitted tho he only came back because he thought Hagler was on the slide
                      When Hagler was top dog he retired
                      Martinez said there is a chance he will fight Mayweather but wants to fight in Argentina first
                      I'm not saying Floyd will fight him but as of now Martinez is on about fighting someone else
                      Leonard was a great fighter,one of the greatest no doubt,but people on here are giving him credit for things Floyd gets slated for
                      Some boast he made Duran quit but if Mayweather ran in a fight that much he is called a *****
                      He even admitted he only had a quick rematch with Duran cos he knew Duran had put on too much weight and would struggle in a rematch
                      Nothing wrong with that but could you imagine the **** Mayweather would get if he said that
                      The 4 kings were great and the fact they fought each other is great for the sport but don't act like Mayweather is not on their level

Comment

Working...
                      X