Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is ray Leonard beter than mayweather??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
    SpeedKillz, we are speaking in terms of P4P .. a term that originally mean that if size and weight not being a factor, skills and attributes would determine the outcome. That idea was used for Sugar Ray Robinson to demonstrate that writers and historians felt that if it were possible for Robinson to grow to any division with his speed, skills and other attributes intact, he would still be able to beat ANYONE.

That said, Mayweather is small for WW, let alone jrMW. Unfortunately sites like these are littered with people who do not know or care about the history and development of the sport or its icons. Anyone who has followed Floyd knows that most predicted that he was outmatched by Corrales .. not because of Corrales' skills ... but because Corrales was perceived as being too big and too powerful for Floyd. And that was at SFW!!!

Floyd has most often been the small man in the majority of his fights. People say this and that about Leonard but in truth, Floyd jr is 50x the fighter that his father was and his father went 10 with Leonard.

I don't want to get into how overrated golden era fighters are today because facts never made a dent in an emotional argument, but Leonard was very hittable and he would have fits with Floyd's defense. I believe that Leonard would try to steal rounds by shoe-shining and I believe that he would be open for counter shots like he was against Duran.

You've got to leave room for objectivity, my man. Floyd is an ATG .. and that means he would be elite in ANY era. Which is why I HATE IT when casual fans throw that term around well .. casually.
    Conjecture. Complete smoke and mirrors.

So Corrales was bigger than Floyd, so floyd would have no problem against bigger fighter. Lol.

Floyd has never faced the level of fighters with diverse weaponry, styles, schooling, and talent that Leonards top 5 or so opponents displayed.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      Max kellerman off the top of my head put GOAT and Pac in the same sentence im not going to give you links as you should know that and if u claim u dont i would call u a liar and i dont want to do that. Other historians have said it as well whos names escape me you better believe and top 10 or top 5 depening on who u ask.
      But you are entitled to say their opinion sucks and should be in straight jackets if you want to.

As above , you are entitled to say that people who have pac as the GOAT should be in asylums.
      I am Pacquiao fan, probably more so than you in that I have known of him and been watching him since Ledwaba. I am sorry but there is just no case, no valid case, that places Manny Pacquiao at the top of any all-time p4p list. He has some great accomplishments, the four lineals for one, but he just hasn't done enough to compete with Robinson or even Greb or Armstrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
        guys like you are funny, you seem to think you know boxing as if every prediction you make about a fight is correct.

there are many possibilities in a fight that is one of them to deny that let's me know you don't know much about boxing.

any one that knows boxing can look at floyd and hearns and see floyds has better and faster footwork also faster hands.

floyd only two options to win that fight would be to hit move and try to out fight hearns on the inside.

it's very damn possible with floyds defense and footwork that he could potshot hearns, it's also possible floyd will get koed in the first round from the first punch like you predict.
        No, guys like you are funny. Where did I predict anything that even suggested the outcome of a fight between Floyd and Hearns? You immediately assume I'm some kind of Floyd hater right?

Floyd potshotting Hearns to a decision is funny. Considering Hearns' jab, speed, reach, height, power and boxing skill, to think Floyd, at 147, could pot shot his way to victory is near ludicrous. But hey, Hearns is just some dude that has a soft chin, and is easy to frustrate. No problems for Floyd!

You can't pot shot someone unless they are coming at you, following and reaching for you. Hearns didn't do that. He would stay on the outside, at his length, where he is most comfortable and he would be the one to take pot shots at Floyd.

Comment

• What isnt conjecture is that srl beat 4 opponents that sh it on all flyds wins combined.

Comment

• They're equally talented.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
              What isnt conjecture is that srl beat 4 opponents that sh it on all flyds wins combined.
              Leonard was both an offensive AND defensive beast. I just don't see this being very competitive. Against Hearns it would be even worse for Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                I could see if we didn't have footage of the ****. Hearns was no stranger to getting that head rocked. He would be better suited to jab with Floyd rather than loading that right and while Mayweather dances away. I bet you're one of those people who thinks Yearns/Hagler was a great fight. In reality the fight was sh#t. Ahhh....
                Ooh, an elitist of the highest order. Well done mate. You're a boxing purist of the highest attainment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  Conjecture. Complete smoke and mirrors.

So Corrales was bigger than Floyd, so floyd would have no problem against bigger fighter. Lol.

Floyd has never faced the level of fighters with diverse weaponry, styles, schooling, and talent that Leonards top 5 or so opponents displayed.
                  Well ...

The idea that yesterday's fighters had superior weaponry, styles and talent is equally conjecture.

You can't have it both ways.

And I only mentioned the Corrales fight to demonstrate that Floyd has often times HAD TO rely on his superior skills since the beginning because he was the smaller man in most of his fights as a professional.

Ya know ... just to put **** into context and stuff.

Comment

• It's a sad day in boxing when Floyd Mayweather Jr is actually underrated. Never thought I'd say that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                      Leonard was both an offensive AND defensive beast. I just don't see this being very competitive. Against Hearns it would be even worse for Floyd.
                      I have a hard time figuring out how floyd beats duran as well.

Hagler's not really a convo, that fight would never happen. Floyd wont go fight sergio at 160, we KNOW he wouldnt even look in Hagler's general direction.

Comment

Working...
                      X