No announcement yet.

Part 2 of Hauser's PED Mess article

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGMARS View Post
    It was rumored. The bold is made up based off that rumor.
    It was also "rumored" that Morales failed a drug test 2 days before the fight. Not only was that true, but he also failed WAY before that on both samples and was allowed to continue, because GBP withheld info from NYSAC.

Comment

Originally posted by howdy potna View Post
      It was also "rumored" that Morales failed a drug test 2 days before the fight. Not only was that true, but he also failed WAY before that on both samples and was allowed to continue, because GBP withheld info from NYSAC.
      That wasn't rumored, that was immediately confirmed.

Floyd's alleged positives haven't been confirmed because they are indeed rumors friend. Ask Hauser and he will tell you the same.

Comment

That wasn't rumored, that was immediately confirmed.

Floyd's alleged positives haven't been confirmed because they are indeed rumors friend. Ask Hauser and he will tell you the same.
        No, at first it was rumored. And then a few hours later I think it was FightHype to be the first ones to actually report it as a fact. It will always start as a rumor until it can be proven true, some of these rumors take days or even years to come about. It all depends on who has what info. Could be true, could be false but I'll give it some more time.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          Well to me the only confirmed villifying info was the attempted cover-up of Morales failed tests by the USADA and GBP. It seems it took someone having to leak the info to a member of the press. That press person then made lots of phone calls, including to the NY state athletic commission. After some time, the press everywhere was reporting it. Finally it was admitted by GBP what was happening. That was an attempted cover-up.

I do not think we would even know about it if it was not leaked.
          Yea that situation is messed up, I have no problem with the article because it is a big issue in the sport and someone could get seriously hurt, even an old guy using PED so he can still compete to some degree when they should be hanging them up.

It is all kind of obvious though, either you have guys who don't get tested properly, guys who get tested in a better fashion but don't get punished for failing, and guy who get tested better but they have enough money to beat the system because in the game of PED the cheaters are always ahead of the testers.

Also the nature of boxing, if a guy thinks other guys are doing PED in a sport like boxing where you can lose everything and the stakes are very high it is no wonder guys would not hesitate to go that route, plus with the lax fractured nature of the sport it just doesn't seem like getting caught up is that big a deal.

All that needs to change, but it is almost to no ones benefit to change it, seriously Garcia's choice in the Morales fight were go on and collect his huge pay check or not fight, not get paid, have to pay for his camp out of pocket, look bad for say no go, have to deal with HBO and GBP being miffed the event fell apart because Garcia said no go even though it isn't his fault, now that event probably wouldn't have got canceled but a different event the commission and the city could lose out on revenue because the fight doesn't come off. Promoters don't want their guys suspended for a long time because that would.

Really is is just a mess of interests looking out for them selves, the sad part about it is that the only way things would change is if somebody got hurt bad in a high profile event. That is the real sad part.

Comment

No, at first it was rumored. And then a few hours later I think it was FightHype to be the first ones to actually report it as a fact. It will always start as a rumor until it can be proven true, some of these rumors take days or even years to come about. It all depends on who has what info. Could be true, could be false but I'll give it some more time.
            Morales was exposed within the hour. Floyd hasnt fought in 7 months and still there is nothing. I think I'll go with Hauser here, definitely just a rumor.

Comment

Morales was exposed within the hour. Floyd hasnt fought in 7 months and still there is nothing. I think I'll go with Hauser here, definitely just a rumor.
              He actually failed the test days before we even knew anything about it. But Golden Boy kept quiet. Then he failed AGAIN 2 days before the fight.

At first it was pure damage control.

"Yes, the A sample came back negative, but the B sample is clean."

Then FightHype argued that that was not true, and that the B sample did come back positive.

Then it was:

"Well....the B sample won't come back until after the fight so let's just presume he's clean."

Then the meat contamination and what not. It's a full blown circus over there. I'll wait for the facts, the same facts that start as rumors.

Comment

He actually failed the test days before we even knew anything about it. But Golden Boy kept quiet. Then he failed AGAIN 2 days before the fight.

At first it was pure damage control.

"Yes, the A sample came back negative, but the B sample is clean."

Then FightHype argued that that was not true, and that the B sample did come back positive.

Then it was:

"Well....the B sample won't come back until after the fight so let's just presume he's clean."

Then the meat contamination and what not. It's a full blown circus over there. I'll wait for the facts, the same facts that start as rumors.
                You will wait in vain friend. Floyd Mayweather is a clean athlete and has introduced better testing to our sport. I'd like to thank him on behalf of us all.

Comment

You will wait in vain friend. Floyd Mayweather is a clean athlete and has introduced better testing to our sport. I'd like to thank him on behalf of us all.
                  Introduced better testing would be something like what Nonito Donaire is participating in, real year round OSDT. Not some fluke version.

Comment

Introduced better testing would be something like what Nonito Donaire is participating in, real year round OSDT. Not some fluke version.
                    Please. A positive test by Donaire wouldn't see the light of day. Not like he'd fail anyway when his right hand man helped design the tests.

Comment

Morales was exposed within the hour.
                      Oh no he wasn't. You didn't read the article?

He failed A-tests with samples from the 3rd and the 10th. When the B-samples were tested I don't know but it is not true that they didn't have the results when the story broke on the 18th. When the story broke they were obfuscating the issue in all sorts of ways for days, even going so far as lying about the B-samples. They even put the fight on. The athletic comission wasn't even informed. They were definately sitting on it as much as possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X