Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sports Illustrated puts Adrien Broner ahead of Carl Froch in P4P rankings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um, pfp isnt a real ranking, its all personal opinion.

I think we've seen froch's ceiling and he's a very good boxer. Broner has potential to be something special. Some people factor potential heavily into their rankings, smoe people only rate on ring accomplishments.

Comment

Sports Illustrated is not our bible...fuk them!!!...its obvious they know ish about the sport....Al Haymon probably sent them a box of candy or something...pay them clowns and their rankings no mind!!...if the Ring was printing garbage like that, then its time to raise hell...but its just SI...no biggy!!

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
        correct me if im wrong but froch beat bute whom at the time was ranked number 1.

Also he beaten pascal who went on to be number 1 in the light heavies...
        Bute was the #1 what?

Hahahahahaha .. Bute is and was a local hype job who fought safely in Canada. He fought Alejandro Berrio, who won the belt that Calzaghe vacated, in order to be seen as a champion.

Puh-leez. Bute is synonymous with hype. Just like Darius Michalczewski was.

How does what Pascal went on to do factor into how Froch should be ranked?

It definitely shows the quality of opponent but it sure as hell isn't a substitute for beating a reigning #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
          My only comment would be to ask how many #1's in ANY division has Froch beaten?

I'm not saying that Demarco was some super talent or ATG, but he was #1 in an entire division.

When a fighter takes the initiative to face the #1 and then actually wins, he should be rewarded for it.

This is Broner's second title and he captured this one from a consensus #1.

I like Froch but his whole career is the Super Six and he didn't come out on top.

In fact Froch lost twice in that tournament. So, going by some of the reasoning found on this site, Kessler should be in the top 10 as well as he holds a win over Froch and only lost to the winner of the Super Six.

Kessler doesn't belong in the top 10 and neither does Froch.

Don't get me wrong: I like Froch.

I think he's got more heart and toughness than many of the guys in the P4P top 10. He's done more in a couple of years in his career than many. He stepped up his competition and took full advantage of the super six tourney.

Still, his skills are lacking, and I really don't see him as a top level boxer. He makes up for what he lacks in skills with heart, but as Ward showed that will only get you but so far.

Broner has all the potential in the world and unlike some boxers who chase vacant belts in order to SEEM legitimate and pad their records with 40 fights before they step up to real challenges on the world stage, Broner's progress is much better than average.

I don't see Adrien closing in on any top spots just yet but as he is the #1 LW champion of the world, its not unrealistic for him to be rated over Froch.
          So you have someone whose best wins are over Demarco and Ponce Deleon....and that's it, the only two champions he's faced, above someone whose best wins are over Bute, Abraham, Pascal, Taylor, and Dirrell?

The only reason Demarco is the number 1 anything is because the real number one just vacated. It would be like saying Bute was the number one but only because Ward vacated the division to fight someone else. For all intents and purposes he wasn't the best and isn't the best. He's the best purely by default because the real number one isn't there.

Basically you're using the abc rankings of one fighter to justify your very Jeremy Lin fan like position over that of a guy who has beaten much better opposition and more of them over a longer period? Good for you.

Comment

froch as done so much more. it's pretty ridiculous to have a 23 year old kid with so few fights against top fighters higher than froch.

broner is a "better" fighter, though. in other words, if they were in the same weight class i'd pick broner to take froch apart and UD him.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
              Sports Illustrated is not our bible...fuk them!!!...its obvious they know ish about the sport....Al Haymon probably sent them a box of candy or something...pay them clowns and their rankings no mind!!...if the Ring was printing garbage like that, then its time to raise hell...but its just SI...no biggy!!

a box filled with unmarked 20's, hundreds, and 50's. all the cash you'd ever need, rofl.

100K. cash. any more cash than that will become a hassle.

Comment

That's a hideous joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                  Bute was the #1 what?

Hahahahahaha .. Bute is and was a local hype job who fought safely in Canada. He fought Alejandro Berrio, who won the belt that Calzaghe vacated, in order to be seen as a champion.

Puh-leez. Bute is synonymous with hype. Just like Darius Michalczewski was.

How does what Pascal went on to do factor into how Froch should be ranked?

It definitely shows the quality of opponent but it sure as hell isn't a substitute for beating a reigning #1.

bute was the #1 ranked contender when he fought froch

ward was the champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                    Excellent post.

We can see from watching their fights can see Broner is a better p4p fighter than the crude, stiff Froch.
                    JLeon Love is also much faster and smoother than Froch, I take it you rank him him above? And Russell Jr well in your top ten, above the big stiff K bros?

Comment

Adrian needs more wins over notable opponents, Froch has fought the best he could have faced and most of the time won, even arguably could have gotten the nod over Kessler but didn't happens in close fights in opponent's hometowns.

Comment

Working...
                      X