Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner: Any Division That I'm In - I Will Rule!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
    Probably why Pacman wasn't the lineal champ at his higher weight classes. Unless your facing Danny Garcia or Wladimir Klitschko who are the lineal champs, fighting for one title at a time is too time consuming, especially if you are trying to rise through the divisions. To go along with that, you have to be mindful of all the boxing politics between the sanctioning bodies and trying to fulfill mandatory fights in between everything else.
    How did Garcia become a lineal champ???

Comment

I love Broner. I feel that while he's an a$$hat like Mayweather, he is much funnier while doing it. The guy has skills and is pure entertainment. The fact that he is so young only makes me love him more.

Maybe I'm a jaded fan, since I don't expect good fights, but if he fought Khan, Garcia and Matthysse in the next 7 fights I would be oh so happy. I may get some hate for this but I think him vs Khan is quite intriguing. It's a good step up fight for 140. He has the power to KO Khan, but I think Khan with the right plan could beat him. Just a fun fight to think about and would bring money to both men.

Also for those claiming racism with the Broner hate, it's more about attitude than race. Compare the love for Jack Johnson and Joe Louis. Both black, both great, only difference is how they presented themselves. If there was a arrogant white guy who was on top he'd be hated too. Unfortunately us pale faces don't have a guy to even point to. Seriously correct me if I'm wrong but Pavlik has to be the best white American. If we include EU than I guess Froch is somewhat ****y, and he got plenty of hate until he ko'd Bute.

Comment

Broner is good but no way he beats the top 140 pounders like Garcia,Lucas I think he will wait till the 140 pounders move up to welter then move up in weight again

Comment

Broner is going to **** up the best at 135 and 140 and then ko Pacquiao.

Comment

Broner is a complete fighter. He fights how Mike Tyson said he would eat children. He's brutal and unforgiving. Perfect for the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
              Probably why Pacman wasn't the lineal champ at his higher weight classes. Unless your facing Danny Garcia or Wladimir Klitschko who are the lineal champs, fighting for one title at a time is too time consuming, especially if you are trying to rise through the divisions. To go along with that, you have to be mindful of all the boxing politics between the sanctioning bodies and trying to fulfill mandatory fights in between everything else.
              So titles are an excuse to not become the man at the top of the division? It's all fine speculating Broner is no.1 at 135 but he isn't a lineal champion. If he's dominating, he'd have proven it. Right now, a win over Burns is missing, then he can say hes dominated 135.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                That would make sense except one of my top 2 favorite boxers is Bradley....a black man. My favorite HW is Mike Tyson....another black man. I think Gary Russell Jr and Javier Fortuna are two of the very best prospects coming up....both of those guys are black too. I think Gamboa is one of the most talented boxers in the world......he is pretty much black. I think Hopkins is one of the best boxers of our era, I think RJJ was the most superior boxer I have ever seen in his prime, I think Mayweather is the rightful P4P #1 boxer in the world based on his accomplishments (I hate him personally)

I also think that you might be the one with an issue regarding race, I never mentioned race once in any of my posts regarding Broner. The article clearly shows signs of deception and avoidance when talking about Haymon's actions and Schaeffer's actions. This is coming from a reputable source, the guy gains nothing by reporting this stuff, if anything he hurts his own career.

But you are probably right, my bigotry blinded me from taking away the intent of the article.

How can you hate Mayweather personally when you dont know him personally, Have you hung out with him? Do you actually know him personally?

Comment

I know I'm a Brit bigging up one of my own...but I'd love to see Broner vs Burns.
                  Burns has improved massively in last couple of years. His hand speed is comparable to Khan's IMO...you should see his fast flurries if not already.

Comment

Broner is looking excellent for sure. But at this stage it is too soon to say how good he'll be at higher weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                      Broner is good but no way he beats the top 140 pounders like Garcia,Lucas I think he will wait till the 140 pounders move up to welter then move up in weight again
                      You must be on that dope!!

Comment

Working...
                      X