Cotto-Trout Will Be On PPV In Puerto Rico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please.........

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
    What I meant was that economics dont factor in some activities here in the island. People are broke and they celebrate stupid Quinceañeros. They celebrate the first birthday of every baby like the baby is going to remember it. The underground economy is not reflected in those tables so a lot of people are living well above that line. A lot of people work getting pay under the table. So people will find the money to drink, gamble and pay for fights.

I'm upset because I dont think is fair for his fans. I buy every boxing PPV. And probably I will buy this one. But it is not right what he is doing. Tremendo CABRON.
    Ok, stop that sht about 60% of voters chose state. Learn statistics and learn how to count. Total of aprox 1.7 million voters, 800k is not 60%.

Cotto and his Promotional Company have everything to do with it. Showtime knows how many buys from Cotto/Mayorga and they know it is more profitable if they do it only in PR. They explained all this to MC and GBP and they want to milk the cow. Lets not act like other stans apologist and be real about this. Miguel wants a few more million before he retires.
    It aint no sht bro........you need to inform yourself. I write FACTS!

Here is the info on CNN:

(CNN) -- In an overshadowed Election Day contest, Puerto Ricans voted in favor of statehood in a nonbinding referendum, marking the first time such an initiative garnered a majority.

Puerto Ricans were asked about their desires in two parts. First, by a 54% to 46% margin, voters rejected their current status as a U.S. commonwealth. In a separate question, 61% chose statehood as the alternative, compared with 33% for the semi-autonomous "sovereign free association" and 6% for outright independence.

You see, I write FACTS!

Comment

Originally posted by whitealltrac View Post
      To clear a few things:

*First, 60% of the voters DID voted for statehood on this last election!

*Second, Showtime and HBO have done this before except whoever had the channel it was free. The ones who did not have either channel had to buy the PPV OR go to a bar and see it free.

*Third, this may be totally a Showtime thing, Cotto obviously has no say on what Showtime wants to do since I am sure he has some sort of a contract with Showtime in which he gets revenue for his Showtime fights.

*Fourth, Showtime has to make some of that money back is what I think it is.

*Fifth, Direct Tv has put most good local Puerto Rico fights (held in PR) on Direct TV PPV PR ONLY!! and no one seemed to care about that?????? In that case you would have to go to the fight and watch it live or pay for PPV!!
      I heard from one source that this was a result of a miss-understanding of the wording in the question that was presented to the voters, not that it matters much either way. I believe that the newly elected governor, who is pro-commonwealth, is not worried about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        Talk about milking a fanatical fan base. Good job Cotto. Milk them for fighting a regular guy.
        Shut the **** up

Comment

Bro lo mas seguro Cotto no tiene nada que ver con esa decision!!

Dale el beneficio de la duda! Cotto no tiene ningunas acciones con Showtime solo un contrato de sus peleas. A el se le paga por sus peleas en Showtime asi es que estoy muy seguro esto fue una movida de Showtime Sports!!
          Dont think so. This is a very thorough discussion between all parties involve. Showtime budget at the end of the year was not enough to hold of this recent cards. They need to pay Cotto his minimum fee of $5M. They knew about this. En su conferencia en PR llevaron su cartelon de PPV y no lo dijeron. Esto va a coger a mucha gente de sorpresa.

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
          I would like to think that but I don't think so. I suppose that Showtime, probably, explained to his team how they would get the money to pay him. I could be wrong, but it seems like it's not Showtime's move alone.
          Cotto is his own boss. He knew.

Showtime isn't even expensive Mr. I Love Cotto's money. What Cotto is going to charge you guys, I can get Showtime for several months without paying EXTRA. .

Go ahead and be one of the idiots that buys it. Cotto is preying on people like you.
          You are mad cause you cant pay for it. You know you want to pay for this fight. You love Cotto.

Comment

Wow!! Now fanatics are saying he does't have a saying perhaps? You guys need to get them nuts out your mouth. SERIOUSLY!!
            No one knows more about Cotto's nuts then this cat! ^^

Comment

It aint no sht bro........you need to inform yourself. I write FACTS!

Here is the info on CNN:

(CNN) -- In an overshadowed Election Day contest, Puerto Ricans voted in favor of statehood in a nonbinding referendum, marking the first time such an initiative garnered a majority.

Puerto Ricans were asked about their desires in two parts. First, by a 54% to 46% margin, voters rejected their current status as a U.S. commonwealth. In a separate question, 61% chose statehood as the alternative, compared with 33% for the semi-autonomous "sovereign free association" and 6% for outright independence.

You see, I write FACTS!

Those are not FACTS. Those numbers of a fake referendum are not what we chose. We did choose to change our actual status. But of all the people that chose to change the actual status, not everyone was in agreement with the three options. NO way Statehood is 60% of the total voters. That PNP party is a corrupt party and is lying to us. They know the US will never incorporate us a State. Specially for their greedy a$$es asking for money.

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
              I heard from one source that this was a result of a miss-understanding of the wording in the question that was presented to the voters, not that it matters much either way. I believe that the newly elected governor, who is pro-commonwealth, is not worried about this.
              Not a miss understanding. It was an attempted to bring pro statehood to the elections and get the votes for the current governor, who is a ****ing ahole and is destroying the economy with his stupid policies and wasting money. Already the US Congress did the right thing and told them to go f-off

Comment

Cotto is his own boss. He knew.

I know. I just don't like to stir much controversy pero estoy seguro que Cotto sabe de donde sale su garantía. It's bs.

Comment

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
                  Shut the **** up
                  Great post.

Comment

What I meant was that economics dont factor in some activities here in the island. People are broke and they celebrate stupid Quinceañeros. They celebrate the first birthday of every baby like the baby is going to remember it. The underground economy is not reflected in those tables so a lot of people are living well above that line. A lot of people work getting pay under the table. So people will find the money to drink, gamble and pay for fights.

I'm upset because I dont think is fair for his fans. I buy every boxing PPV. And probably I will buy this one. But it is not right what he is doing. Tremendo CABRON.
                    I see where you're coming from, I just think the same can be said for stateside and therefore the ppv should apply to all of showtimes regions of business.

On your last point, just get together with family and friends and have a good time. IMO the $60 or so for the ppv is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I wish I could be in PR for the fight, ppv or not, but I wont make it until the holidays. (oh wait Dec. 1st is already the holidays in PR, I forgot)
                    Last edited by Fistic; 11-20-2012, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
                      I see where you're coming from, I just think the same can be said for stateside and therefore the ppv should apply to all of showtimes regions of business.

On your last point, just get together with family and friends and have a good time. IMO the $60 or so for the ppv is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I wish I could be in PR for the fight, ppv or not, but I wont make it until the holidays. (oh wait Dec. 1st is already the holidays in PR, I forgot)
                      I will probably watch the fight. I like to watch boxing and being from Caguas, Cotto fighting it is like going to church on Sunday. So I will watch the fight with friends from the barrio. And Navidades already started. We start this week. Parrandas es lo que hay.

Comment

Working...
                      X