No announcement yet.

Cotto-Trout Will Be On PPV In Puerto Rico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NABALCHI View Post
    I dont get what the big missunderstanding is i live in florida usa and i have to pay also this is not for pr people only i just checked my direct tv and the fight is $35 bucks so i don't get whats up
    $35 if you don't have showtime. Just pay up their normal $16 subscription and you are set.

Comment

• Originally posted by NABALCHI View Post
      I dont get what the big missunderstanding is i live in florida usa and i have to pay also this is not for pr people only i just checked my direct tv and the fight is $35 bucks so i dont get whats up
      Here is the PROBLEM, this is what is "up" with the People of Puerto Rico.

Puertoricans have become of a people of "give me". They want everything for free, goddarn social parasites!

Dont get me wrong this is NOT just about the fugging fight, this is about everything in PR!

People dont want to work, they want "cupones", they want free medicare, free phones, free this and that. It makes me sick!

Im OVERLY PROUD of bring Puertorican, and I'm very proud of my heritage but I cant stand the evolution of the puertorican people. We went from hard working individuals to a give it to me free. Drugs, crime, murders, and all they other issues that overwelm the island today are just BS!

They want to be like in the movies, the youth are gansters wana-be, no respect, if you pack a gun that makes you get respect! Fugg them!

I carry a gun, legally carry and I dont go out looking for trouble! No way I can establish my self in the island. I have lived in the USA for the last 25 years! Served in the Army for 22 of those and I'm happy as hell in San Antonio Texas!

I can see the anger since the fight its free in most of the US, and the price is overly expensive (I consider somewhere at $19.95 for non-HD and $24.99 for HD more along the lines).

Either way, boxing is a profesional sport and people are in there to make money. I do not belive that it was Cotto's desicion to charge PPV to Puertoricans and its more of the buisness side of showtime.

Hell, I'm in Bahrain so Ill watch it via the AFN Network!

Support your boxer! Cotto is the ONLY one fighithing the hard fights people!

War Cotto!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post

Puertoricans have become of a people of "give me". They want everything for free, goddarn social parasites!

Dont get me wrong this is NOT just about the fugging fight, this is about everything in PR!

People dont want to work, they want "cupones", they want free medicare, free phones, free this and that. It makes me sick!

Im OVERLY PROUD of bring Puertorican, and I'm very proud of my heritage but I cant stand the evolution of the puertorican people. We went from hard working individuals to a give it to me free. Drugs, crime, murders, and all they other issues that overwelm the island today are just BS!

They want to be like in the movies, the youth are gansters wana-be, no respect, if you pack a gun that makes you get respect! Fugg them!

I carry a gun, legally carry and I dont go out looking for trouble! No way I can establish my self in the island. I have lived in the USA for the last 25 years! Served in the Army for 22 of those and I'm happy as hell in San Antonio Texas!

I can see the anger since the fight its free in most of the US, and the price is overly expensive (I consider somewhere at $19.95 for non-HD and $24.99 for HD more along the lines).

Either way, boxing is a profesional sport and people are in there to make money. I do not belive that it was Cotto's desicion to charge PPV to Puertoricans and its more of the buisness side of showtime.

War Cotto!
        Finally a post that tells it like it is.

Comment

War Cotto!
          If that is the way you think about us... **** you and stay there. I think I was very clear on why we are pissed on Cotto (read my post)
          I'm an engineer and studied in a public school and payed for my college education because I worked fulltime and studied halftime. So stop typing like you know ****. You see boricuas how this ****ers think of us in the island.

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
          Finally a post that tells it like it is.
          Que pendejo te quedo! Dejando que alguien Que no vive aqui diga como tu eres y para colmo te pones de acuerdo.

A menos que tu tambien vivas en EU.
          Last edited by Puya; 11-25-2012, 01:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puya View Post
            If that is the way you think about us... **** you and stay there. I think I was very clear on why we are pissed on Cotto (read my post)
            I'm an engineer and studied in a public school and payed for my college education because I worked fulltime and studied halftime. So stop typing like you know ****. You see boricuas how this ****ers think of us in the island.

Que pendejo te quedo! Dejando que alguien Que no vive aqui diga como tu eres y para colmo te pones de acuerdo.

I call it as I see it! My parentreside in Ponce, mi Sobrinos/Sobrinas, parents in-law, brothers-in law and all my friends reside there. I travel there once per year as well. Its not just me, they all say the same thing. All they talk on how bad its and how people dont want to work and they want it "free".

Have you picked up a news paper from the island? Seen the news there? YOu tell me that its not true papa! The economy is crap, the crime is off the charts, unemployment is like 14+%, etc.

Good for you Mi Hermano, I did that as well! I paid my way through college (La Catolica). You got to have what it takes if you want to excell.

I just hate all the crying !! If you dont want to pay for the fight, good for you. Just get together with friends and family and everyone pich in a few bucks. Problme solved. If not, then dont watch it.

I was born and raised in Ponce Puerto Rico and Im 100% de Puerto Rico! I'm overly proud of it but I call it as I see it and I stated the truth. If you want to cover the sky with one hand you go ahead, you are only lying to your self.

War Cotto!

Comment

• Originally posted by Puya View Post

No es fácil y ahora las cosas están malas aquí. I know there are bums here, like anywhere else, and it's easy to generalize but the fact is that not everyone is like that. I am, currently, back in college myself trying to get a second career in marketing to see if I can improve things for me.

Comment

• This is the problem with fighters promoting their own cards. What's the headliner's incentive to put together a solid card when the budget for the entire card depends on how much you yourself (Cotto) want to spend promoting it? It's like Floyd's terrible undercards. Same here, Cotto put together a terrible undercard so what's the incentive for a viewer to pay up? What's Miguel's incentive to have another A lister? He has no incentive because part of the budget would go to pay the A lister on the undercard. Bad business decision by Miguel. Granted he's doing a solid job of maximizing his take home against a lesser known opponent like Trout but you don't do that off the backs of the people that support you 100%.

But whatever, obviously the writing is on the wall and Miguel knows it. He's trying to set himself up with a golden parachute because the end is very near. He's just about ready to call it a career. If he hasn't beaten Manny or Floyd by now then it's most likely never happening so might as well set up that retirement fund before its too late.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                  I can't believe how cheap some people are. Pay up people!
                  Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post

War Cotto!
                  Surrrrrreeee he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
                    This is the problem with fighters promoting their own cards. What's the headliner's incentive to put together a solid card when the budget for the entire card depends on how much you yourself (Cotto) want to spend promoting it? It's like Floyd's terrible undercards. Same here, Cotto put together a terrible undercard so what's the incentive for a viewer to pay up? What's Miguel's incentive to have another A lister? He has no incentive because part of the budget would go to pay the A lister on the undercard. Bad business decision by Miguel. Granted he's doing a solid job of maximizing his take home against a lesser known opponent like Trout but you don't do that off the backs of the people that support you 100%.

But whatever, obviously the writing is on the wall and Miguel knows it. He's trying to set himself up with a golden parachute because the end is very near. He's just about ready to call it a career. If he hasn't beaten Manny or Floyd by now then it's most likely never happening so might as well set up that retirement fund before its too late.
                    This is a solid post. Sometimes, it's not what you do but how you do it.

Comment

War Cotto!

OUCH !

Excellent post !

Comment

Working...
                      X