Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate Pacquiao's last 5 opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His last 5 fights, Bradley, Marquez, Clottey, Cotto, Hatton.

Bradley, good fighter. Gave Manny props for facing him. I thought it was a draw. A.

Marquez. C. The only reason Team Pacquiao and Arum picked to fight Marquez finally, was because they thought they were going to run through him. D for being a coward and losing, D for the terrible decision. Overall D.

Clottey. B+. I knew Pacquiao was going to win by wide decision. Clottey was a good fighter, not a good fight, but a good figher.

Cotto, C+. Good fighter, but the win drops points because of the catchweight and because Cotto arguably lost his previous fight. Again, Team Pac/Arum the opportunistic crew, picking a fighter who seems to be on the slide at the moment. Never picking a fighter who's hot and on a winning streak beside Bradley. If the fight was at 147, i'd give it a B+.

Hatton, A. A fight that every one wanted to see, I thought Hatton was dangerous to Pacquiao coming in. A lot of people agreed beforehand that this was a 50-50 fight. This was a legit threat to Pacquiao coming in, and that's what people care about; that you fight threats/good fighters. Pacquiao's best win after Barrera IMO. Great ending, brutal KO, talks of Pacquiao beating Mayweather started shortly after this fight.

Note: Margarito and Mosley were not fights to me. I refuse to count them. They were Arum circus acts. I can't even give them lettered scores, I give them a zero in red ink.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      No doubt the Mosley that Floyd fought is a better scalp. I'm saying, a lot of people claim Pac looked like crap in that fight, but he shut him out, dropped him, had him running all night. Not even the much bigger Canelo matched that against an even older, undersized Mosley
      The thing about the Mosley fight that made Manny look bad was his inability to catch up with Shane after the knockdown
      We all know Shane was in survival mode but his ability to keep Pacquiao at bay with a simple jab and lateral footwork was frightening
      Mosley is not that great at those things usually
      Watch it again and you will see plenty of opportunities for the straight right but Shane couldn't pull the trigger
      Add to that Manny throwing the same combo over and over showed how one dimensional he is
      The best in the business at that one dimension but a fighter at his level should be able to do a lot more than that
      So to take on a past it Mosley and then to be exposed is why I don't rate that win for him

In Pacquiao's defence tho besides Floyd there wasn't too many good fights to make
      If Mayweather didn't move up to 154 his options were just as limited

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
        margarito - laughable at best

mosley - also laughable considering he wouldnt fight him when mosley was ranked #1

marquez - manny lost the third fight, clearly

bradley - good fight for manny and manny won

marquez 4 - if manny doesnt win by KO, he isnt winning on the cards
        I agree with most of ^^^

But after seeing how Pacquiao has basically robbed JMM 3 times in a row, I don't think it bodes well for JMM in a 4th round decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
          The thing about the Mosley fight that made Manny look bad was his inability to catch up with Shane after the knockdown
          We all know Shane was in survival mode but his ability to keep Pacquiao at bay with a simple jab and lateral footwork was frightening
          Mosley is not that great at those things usually
          Watch it again and you will see plenty of opportunities for the straight right but Shane couldn't pull the trigger
          Add to that Manny throwing the same combo over and over showed how one dimensional he is
          The best in the business at that one dimension but a fighter at his level should be able to do a lot more than that
          So to take on a past it Mosley and then to be exposed is why I don't rate that win for him

In Pacquiao's defence tho besides Floyd there wasn't too many good fights to make
          If Mayweather didn't move up to 154 his options were just as limited
          I'd take being exposed if I'm winning a shutout and dropping an iron chinned dude. And looking bad for putting a warrior like Shane on the run, this is no Norwood or Dirrell. Sure he was washed up, but he wasn't running from Canelo or anyone ever.

Comment

I'd take being exposed if I'm winning a shutout and dropping an iron chinned dude. And looking bad for putting a warrior like Shane on the run, this is no Norwood or Dirrell. Sure he was washed up, but he wasn't running from Canelo or anyone ever.
            Shane said the power he felt from Pacquiao was strange
            Considering the monsters Shane fought and afterwards he took Canelo's best shot seriously raises a question

Comment

Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
              Shane said the power he felt from Pacquiao was strange
              Considering the monsters Shane fought and afterwards he took Canelo's best shot seriously raises a question
              Lol whatever makes you sleep better. See you in the Hauser thread

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                The question is who else than these guys he was going to fight?

The Mosley fight shouldn't had happen and the Margo fight was a fiasco but he was the much larger man in that fight.

Marquez is as legit as they come and argubly a top 10 p4p fighter. Bradley is a young gun that gave a good account of himself in the Pac fight
                My dad is bigger than Pacquiao, does that mean it's a good fight?

Marquez was handpicked, old, dropped by Katsidis and the last time he was at welterweight Mayweather embarrassed him. It was considered a farce due to those variables alone.

Factor in the shyt decision, it could very well be a big fat F

Comment

Who should Manny have fought instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
                    My dad is bigger than Pacquiao, does that mean it's a good fight?

Marquez was handpicked, old, dropped by Katsidis and the last time he was at welterweight Mayweather embarrassed him. It was considered a farce due to those variables alone.

Factor in the shyt decision, it could very well be a big fat F
                    Was Cotto asking for to defend his title against your dad at 150, with a 160 rehydration limit?

You have to consider p4p rated LWW champ JMM requested a catchweight for the 3rd, for Pac's WBO belt with lineage tracing to Cotto Jennings. You should be glad his weight manipulation was not rewarded.

Comment

Was Cotto asking for to defend his title against your dad at 150, with a 160 rehydration limit?

You have to consider p4p rated LWW champ JMM requested a catchweight for the 3rd, for Pac's WBO belt with lineage tracing to Cotto Jennings. You should be glad his weight manipulation was not rewarded.
                      Wot?

Marquez was NOT the LWW champ.

Comment

Working...
                      X