Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocking PED revelations by T. Hauser. GBP, Mayweather, Quillin, Morales.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
    On May 20, 2012, a rumor filtered through the drug-testing community that Mayweather had tested positive on three occasions for an illegal performance-enhancing drug.

"It was rumored that Mayweather’s “A” sample had tested positive on three occasions and, after each positive test, USADA had found exceptional circumstances in the form of inadvertent use and gave Floyd a waiver. This waiver, according to the rumor, negated the need for a test of Floyd’s “B” sample. And because the “B” sample was never tested, a loophole in USADA’s contract with Mayweather and Golden Boy allowed the testing to proceed without the positive “A” sample results being reported to Mayweather’s opponent or the Nevada State Athletic Commission (which had jurisdiction over the fights)."

In late-May, Pacquiao’s attorneys heard the rumor. On June 4, 2012, they served document demands and subpoenas on Mayweather, Mayweather Promotions, Golden Boy and USADA calling for the production of all documents that related to PED testing of Mayweather for the Shane Mosley, Victor Ortiz and Miguel Cotto fights. Mayweather and USADA then are trying to quash a motion from pacquiao's lawyers to have mayweather's USADA test records released.

On September 25, 2012, a stipulation of settlement ending the defamation case was filed with the court. The parties agreed that the terms of settlement would be kept confidential. Prior to the agreement being signed, two sources with detailed knowledge of the proceedings told this writer that Mayweather’s initial monetary settlement offer was “substantially more” than Pacquiao’s attorneys had expected it would be and an agreement in principle was reached soon afterward.

Interesting.
    Damning article right there.

Comment

• I haven't read all the posts...this thread is out of control. But here's my two cents on the whole PED/steroids issue:

Steroids and PEDs have infected the sports world at-large and will unfortunately be with us for a long time to come. Baseball, where steroids have gotten the greatest attention, has been irrevocably tainted by PEDs. No baseball player is beyond suspicion, in my opinion, not even the scrubs. The same can be said for boxing (or any other sport, for that matter).

I'm not saying Floyd, for instance, uses any illegal substances to gain and edge. But why should he, or anyone else, be considered beyond reproach? If there's money to be made, you better believe people will cheat. Hell, even if it's just for "prestige", people will cheat. It's always been this way. PEDs are just another way for people to do so.

Comment

• This will probably be addressed by the bigger media. It is blowing up all over the internet boxing message boards. Theme being "who ever smelt it dealt it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Like I said previously the guy Hauser isn't really a credible guy, He might try to sound like he is better than the rest of them but he isn't, Where was he when fans were demanding better test for the sport? He is just another journo with an agenda that suit his liking, Everyone seem to have something to gain and what was written here isn't facts but factual.
          He was there. He did an outstanding piece outlining all the known cheats and made Oscar look like a kid with an empty cookie box.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            Exactly, if he had factual information to support his claim, there would be no reason to drop the article right?

That said, I hate to play devil's advocate, but I do remember reading an article a few months ago about USADA throwing out samples during the lead up to Quillin-Wright bout. I was like "WTF"?
            That's they're excuse, the participants needed to be educated on what could/ couldn't have been taken. I'm not all knowing of the situation but I could have sworn the process was easier than that, like a simple document getting handed to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              True...I just can't see them doing it. I just can't. Everyone's in bed together. Too much money to be lost watching fighters shrink or all of a sudden look like crap. These networks rely on the promoters and even a non-promoter like Haymon does so much for them (getting them concerts for acts like Beyonce, etc.) that they'd be hard-pressed to put heat on his fighters.

In the end, does this surprise anyone here? I give Floyd the benefit of the doubt because he raised the issue and dammit it needed to be heard. And I'm so thankful he did because it's brought us here. But his reaction to that Montoya question...good Lord. That had guilt written all over it and it has stayed with me for the past few months since. And I'm not afraid to admit that--just like Pac fans shouldn't be afraid to admit that refusing testing is akin to guilt as well. The lid on this pot is shaking and I don't know if we're ready to see what's underneath it.
              I'm ready and won't lose sleep if Floyd or Pac are proven on PEDS.

After Lance, everything's wide open.

Tho I have to admit Lance Armstrong's was a bitter for to swallow (into mountainbiking heavily before) and for someone who apparently singlehandedly lifted the sport thru the years, even establishing LIVESTRONG which prolly inspired more lives than any sport charity, after all those, damn!

Time to get 'em Ariza shakes checked

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                LOL, these guys in this thread are a bunch of dopes.
                they are rally happy they can bash mayweather for this. its a great attachment to their agenda.

Comment

• If you are using that video to base your opinion. Watch it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                    Ever watch him train?
                    BINGO!!! How do you train at the level he does, YEAR ROUND, without being on some sort of performance enhancing supplement. The human body isn't meant to train like that. You need "enhancing" products to help your body through those grueling workouts.

Comment

• There was nothing really new in this article, but I'm intrigued by the next part. The worst is yet to come.

Comment

Working...
                      X