Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocking PED revelations by T. Hauser. GBP, Mayweather, Quillin, Morales.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would say Floyd will let his or GBP's lawyers do the talking him, saying something is not going to change anyone's mind. That is usually the best way to go.

With what Hauser wrote about Floyd I don't really think that is worthy of a big response from Floyd. IF ESPN picks it up which will show the story could get by a real editor, then Floyd probably would have to say something. Not like it would really do anything though.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      This is sports. Not the court of law. This is the court of public opinion.

As it is today in Europe and in cycling in particular, you have to prove your innocence and not the other way around. You don't have to like it, but that's the way it is.
      agreed but again public opinion is generally formed through legitimate journalism with sources cited and vetted, like Lance Armstrong.

This is an online story about GBP and how they handle PED testing from an author employed by GBP's main promotional rival that uses "rumors" as the founation.

Not exactly the same

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        fair point but floyd doesn't have to clear himself of anything since Hauser doesn't accusse him of anything point blank, he just insinuates and cites rumors. Hauser got the added attention and the anti floyd and/or pro manny crowd is definitely running with it. So its a win win for TR in the boxing blogosphere. But hardly something floyd neds to hold a press conference to refute at this stage.
        You can't just say Hauser is citing rumours etc, he has a number of sources. Floyd's name is being dragged through the dirt in the boxing world right now, not just because of Hauser (I seem to remember reading about Floyd failing drugs tests a while ago), so there are obviously multiple sources out there, or at the very least multiple writers saying the same thing.

Fact is, PED use is massive in international sports now, especially in the US. It was kept quiet for almost 2 decades but bit by bit we are being drip fed information on top American athletes supposedly using PEDs. Where ever there is huge money, it seems the authorities are willing to turn a blind eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
          Teddy Atlas couldn't back up his sources with anything. Hauser named several instances where gbp tried to hide a positive test results and create special waivers when someone tests positive. If pac's rumor was true why didn't Floyd's lawyer subpoena atlas in court but instead it was Floyd who tuck his tail between his legs when his drug test results was requested by pac's team. Sound fishy don't you think. PAC fought ped allegations and won against gbp and Floyd. What will Floyd do? I'd like to see him sue Hauser
          Ask any lawyer winning and settling out of court are not the same thing~

Comment

• this advanced peds testing is a rude awakening for gbp...they put up a brave front advocating such testing but when their business interests got threatened they chose to protect their interest.

now they don't want to send their fighters to VADA for testing because they can't dictate their terms to VADA.

the only reliable drug testing is 24/7 and 365 days a year and should involve all fighters. if they will only use testing when a fight gets agreed upon, the promoter's interest can get in the way that could turn into a cover up.

business is business for these promoters that's why they should never be involved in drug testing. same is true for fighters...they should not dictate who should conduct drug testing.

Comment

• For Floyd and Manny, if they are cheating I do not believe we will know any answer, at least until long after they retire.

They simply make too much money and have too many people making money off them to throw them under the bus. Those who would be in-the-know also have their own reputations to try to preserve, so it will be kept silent as long as possible. The paper shredders are plugged in, warmed up and ready to eat any trails left behind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
                You can't just say Hauser is citing rumours etc, he has a number of sources. Floyd's name is being dragged through the dirt in the boxing world right now, not just because of Hauser (I seem to remember reading about Floyd failing drugs tests a while ago), so there are obviously multiple sources out there, or at the very least multiple writers saying the same thing.

Fact is, PED use is massive in international sports now, especially in the US. It was kept quiet for almost 2 decades but bit by bit we are being drip fed information on top American athletes supposedly using PEDs. Where ever there is huge money, it seems the authorities are willing to turn a blind eye.
                Hauser says in the article he is citing rumors. Its not me.

Comment

• Didn't floyd test positive for something that he injects into his hands?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    agreed but again public opinion is generally formed through legitimate journalism with sources cited and vetted, like Lance Armstrong.

This is an online story about GBP and how they handle PED testing from an author employed by GBP's main promotional rival that uses "rumors" as the founation.

Not exactly the same
                    Next time Floyd has a press conference journalists will give him the question and they will continue to field it untill Floyd adresses the issue. He cannot escape with silence.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      Next time Floyd has a press conference journalists will give him the question and they will continue to field it untill Floyd adresses the issue. He cannot escape with silence.
                      when that happens, I hope floyd will not have Roid Rage! lol, just kidding...

I will love Floyd to depend himself as well as GBP and USADA... or at least GBP and USADA sue Hauser and with that, we might see light on this issue or might say RUMORS.

Comment

Working...
                      X