No announcement yet.

Broner=Everything we wanted Mayweather to be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    Had to be a Cotto stan too. Why am I not surprised?
    Still butthurt over Trinidad's victory over Oscar, get over it, just download some pictures of Oscar in his fishnets and make yourself smile

Comment

Floyd would have kicked the shyt out of Broner if Broner came at Floyd like he did Demarco. EZ work.

Comment

you made a thread without thinking and now you are trying to save face..I like Broner but htis is the 1st #1 guy he has faced and he did a great job,but dont down Floyd to big up Broner,Floyd payed his dues and has beaten fighters in many different fashions.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
          LOL you people are funny, i wasn't comparing him to a 10 year ago Mayweather it's the current or let's say past 6 years Mayweather, you guys are all hung up on what Mayweather used to be. Broner is almost a spitting image of the Mayweather type style. By the way the poster that threw Manfredy's name in there with Genaro and Corrales, just stop while your ahead.

For the past couple of years safety has come first for Floyd. Broner fights with defense but when he sees he can get a guy out of there he goes for the kill. Mayweather could have done this in many of his fights but did not want to risk getting hit doing it. He could of easily stopped guys like Corley, Baldomir, Judah if he would of stayed in the pocket and fought like Broner fights and counter his opponents in he middle of the ring. Even Hatton didn't belong in the ring that long with Mayweather. Stop being hung up on what Mayweather was, he is currently ranked #1 P4P but yet you bring up the old him because currently Broner uses that Philly Shell style better than he does and is more effective doing so
          I think you forget Floyd used to do that too when he was younger you don't know what Broner will look like when he's at 147 or 35 if he ever fights there or is still fighting then. Broners knocked out people who he should knock out so did Floyd at that age when Broner gets up to 147 let's see if he's still stopping people like he is now.

Comment

I made a thread based on my observation of watching Broner use the "Mayweather" style better than Floyd and look more exciting doing so. By the way I would rather watch Broner/Demarco any day over Mosley/Mayweather

Comment

Let's wait till he gets to 140 and faces guys like Garcia, Matthysee or Rios before we start all this talk.

BTW....Castillo, Corrales >>>>>>anyone Broner has faced (by far).

130 and 135 are both garbage divisions with no good fighters. The ones that are decent are either cans or chinny.

Comment

I made a thread based on my observation of watching Broner use the "Mayweather" style better than Floyd and look more exciting doing so. By the way I would rather watch Broner/Demarco any day over Mosley/Mayweather
                Are you sure about that? I mean I saw Broner get hit with several shots that Mayweather would have never got hit with.

Also Floyd has fought better on the inside against much better opposition, but what you are missing is the fact that Floyd became more cautious against bigger fighters but fought the same aggressive style when he was at LW.

That's why I feel it's best to slow down and wait to see him against bigger JWW and WW's. I guarantee you he won't fight the same way as he is fighting now.

Comment

Broner is the King of the month. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, he fought a guy who threw nothing but wide looping punches. I'm not ready to call him the greatest thing since sliced bread just yet.

Comment

So I guess my opinion of comparisons is not valid based on the fact that Broner should only be compared to the same age Floyd or that I should wait until Broner gets to weight class Mayweather is now? He uses the style better and take risks which is what I would like to see Floyd do more of since he has the ability, Broner uses the style more effective for fans sake

Comment

Man Floyd was LINEAL CHAMP at 130 and 135..Broner HAS NEVER BEEN LINEAL...he beat Demarco good win but come on man Floyd has defeated future hall of famers and LINEAL champions...you made a bad thread and got called on it,take it on the chin and move on

Comment

Working...
                      X