Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexico vs. Philippines has become the best rivalry in Boxing... sorry Puerto Rico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol

Aren't Filipinos winning that one by a landslide too?

Comment

i just love the mexican style of fighting but filipinos go all out in the ring too. the two will always produce eye catching fireworks, good for the fans

Comment

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
        Brian Viloria vs. Tyson Marquez
        Mercito Gesta vs. Miguel Vazquez
        Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez 4
        Nonito Donaire vs. Jorge Arce
        Relax dude. A few years does not come close to equaling the decade after decades of the rivalry between the behemoth against my little Island. Kudos to the recent Filipino champs but nah son you getting ahead of yourself

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
          I don't consider it legit.

i like the fights that come out of these "rivalries" but mexico is way too large to have a genuine rivalry with places like puerto rico & the Philippines........in my opinion.
          disagree. PR has held its own against that significant disparity in population decades after decades. the pool is less deep than just about everywhere else where boxing is a significant national sport.

Comment

Originally posted by controlmachete View Post
            more like salvadoreans and guatemalans, its falling to that level...

Interesting but in actuality the Filipinos will have you at the level for certain if they keep their pace considering that their populations is on par with your country. But let's face it if PR had your population there would be no rivalry, you would be those countries.

Comment

our puerto rican brothers have been giving us good fights for decades now.. filipinos just barely got they d1cks hard with pacquiao several years ago but thats it.

and besides pacquiao and donaire i dont see anyone else.. yeah yeah, i know viloria just sparked tyson marquez but whatever

Comment

I'm sorry but no. PR & Mex have a long history together in boxing.

The rivalry has been going on for decades & is easily the biggest in boxings history.

Props to the Phillipines for their success in these last few years, but the Filipino-Mex rivalry isn't touching ours with Mexico.

Also, yes, I realize PR is going through a rut in boxing right now, but which nation hasn't at one point or another?

We'll be back just as strong, I can promise you this.

Comment

Originally posted by Enchanted View Post
                  I'm sorry but no. PR & Mex have a long history together in boxing.

The rivalry has been going on for decades & is easily the biggest in boxings history.

Props to the Phillipines for their success in these last few years, but the Filipino-Mex rivalry isn't touching ours with Mexico.

Also, yes, I realize PR is going through a rut in boxing right now, but which nation hasn't at one point or another?

We'll be back just as strong, I can promise you this.
                  Im sure of that... I hope so..

Comment

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
                    Brian Viloria vs. Tyson Marquez
                    Mercito Gesta vs. Miguel Vazquez
                    Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez 4
                    Nonito Donaire vs. Jorge Arce
                    Sorry dude, but by the looks of your post you must have JUST tuned into the sport of boxing.

The PR/Mexico rivalry is one of which has transcended decades some of which has given boxing the most legendary/memorable fights we all come to love/appreciate.

You can't equate just a few Filipino/Mexican fights to what Mexico and PR took decades to build especially when Filipinos just exploded onto the boxing scene thanks to only ONE GREAT fighter (Manny Pac) as suppose to the MANY GREAT fighters between Mexico and PR.

Comment

Ortíz–Ramos 1 WBC declared title vacant pending a rematch, asserting that referee Billy Conn was favoring Ortíz, giving him the benefit of a long count in the 2d and improperly stopping the match in the 5th round because of a cut to Ramos in the first fight the controversy caused a riot where the ring was torn down, guns were fired and Ortíz had to leave the ring with a bucket over his head.

Ortíz–Ramos 2 In the rematch he stopped Ramos in the 4th round.

Benítez–Palomino Benítez wins the world Welterweight title with a 15th round split decision. Scorecards 142-145, 146-143, 146-142.

Camacho–Limón Camacho conquers the world Jr. Lightweight title with a 5th round knockout.

Camacho–Ramírez Camacho conquers the world Lightweight title with a 12 round decision. Scorecards 118-111, 119-109, 119-112.

Escobar–Casanova Escobar becomes the first Puerto Rican world champion, winning the world Bantamweight title over Rodolfo Chango Casanova by 9th round knockout, in the first world title fight between a Puerto Rican and a Mexican.

Gómez–Zárate Gómez retains his world Jr. Featherweight title by 5th round knockout.

Gómez–Pintor Gómez retains the world Jr. Featherweight title with a 14th round knockout in what was described by The Ring as the fight of the '80s at the Jr. Featherweight division.

Rosario–Ramírez 1 In their first fight, Rosario conquers the vacant world Lightweight title with a unanimous decision. Scorecards 115-113, 115-113, 115-113.

Trinidad–Yori Boy Campas Trinidad defeats Campas via 4th round knockout. Campas was in his prime at the time with record of 56 wins(50 KO) 0 losses 0 draws.

Trinidad–Oscar De La Hoya Trinidad defeats De La Hoya in controversial Majority Decision on September 18, 1999. Both men were in the prime of their careers and the fight was the highest grossing non-heavyweight boxing encounter until Mayweather vs. De La Hoya years later.

Cotto–Gómez Cotto defeats Gómez by technical knockout in the 5th round.

Calderón–Cázares 1 Calderón defeats Cázares via split decision. Scorecards 111-116, 115-112, 115-112.

Calderón–Cázares 2 The two fought again which Calderón also won by 7th round Technical decision due to an accidental headbutt. The scorecards at the time of the stoppage were 67-66, 68-65, 68-65.

López–Ponce de León Juan Manuel López defeats Daniel Ponce de León via 1st round knockout.

López–Luevano López defeats Luevano via 7th round knockout.

Cintrón–Angulo Cintrón gets a 12 round unanimous decision.Scorecards 116-112, 116-112, 116-112.
                      Stop due to a cut and Santos gets a 10th round Technical decision.Scorecards 84-87, 85-86, 86-85.

López–Márquez Juan Manuel López won the bout by 8th round TKO after Rafael Márquez was unable to continue due to a shoulder injury. Lopez was leading on all three scorecards.

Cotto–Margarito 2 Cotto stops Margarito after 9 rounds the doctor deemed Margarito's swelling too severe. All scores leading up to the TKO were 89-82 Cotto

García–Morales Danny "Swift" Garcia defeats the legendary Erik "El Terrible" Morales by unanimous decision. Garcia becomes WBC light welterweight champion. Scorecards 117-110, 116-112, 118-109.

Martínez–Beltrán, Jr.

PRPP

Comment

Working...
                      X