Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexico vs. Philippines has become the best rivalry in Boxing... sorry Puerto Rico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMAO! Geez Pac has really gone to these Pinoys heads....throw a little Nonito in there and presto....they just lost it. 2-3 yrs doesnt compare to almost a century.

Comment

I think its time Mexico fights someone their own size like the Phillippines (both in population and weight lol).

Puerto Rico should focus on building a rivalry against the british or cubans.

Comment

The Mexico vs P.R. rivalry shall never fade. boxing was pretty much built by the brave warriors that these two countries have bred. It's wonderful that places like Argentina and The Philippines are now a strong presences in boxing.

However no matter how dominant these fighters become in the sport. they can't ever erase what's already been stamped in the history books.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
          I think its time Mexico fights someone their own size like the Phillippines (both in population and weight lol).

Puerto Rico should focus on building a rivalry against the british or cubans.
          more like salvadoreans and guatemalans, its falling to that level...

Comment

Weak sauce thread.. The Philippines isn't even in the America's, which makes them somebody from the other side of the world.. Natives see each other way too much & in turn it becomes a rivalry. You'll have to back 50 years to even come close to it being a rivalry. PR Boxing is a little down right now but just like everything else, what goes up must come down and when you’re down, you have nowhere to go but up!!

PRPP

Comment

Originally posted by controlmachete View Post
              more like salvadoreans and guatemalans, its falling to that level...

I honestly think guatemalans and salvadoreans could fight us at the bigger weights unlike mexicans. Which reminds me, have mexicans ever beaten a puerto rican champ at 154+ pounds?

Comment

I honestly think guatemalans and salvadoreans could fight us at the bigger weights unlike mexicans. Which reminds me, have mexicans ever beaten a puerto rican champ at 154+ pounds?
                not that i can remember, margo was robbed against that piece of shiet headbutter santos in of all places san juan... but find me one who can beat arreola, ohhhh i forgot you dont have one...

Comment

I love the Mexico-PR rivalry, it's just brings so much excitement and drama. Can't wait till Cotto beats up Trout and fights Canelo. Another huge PR-Mex fight!

Comment

Originally posted by controlmachete View Post
                    not that i can remember, margo was robbed against that piece of shiet headbutter santos in of all places san juan... but find me one who can beat arreola, ohhhh i forgot you dont have one...

Dont you mean Orreola?

Its not like he will ever be a champ. One guy I liked in the heavier weights was Librado Andrade, but his story against Bute was similar to Miranda vs Abraham. Get robbed in the first fight and KTFO in the second.

I thought for sure Carlos Negron would be a threat to the heavyweight division but sadly he got koed by a journeyman not to long ago. He is still 24 years old though maybe with time and weight he can grow to be a dangerous guy.

Comment

Dont you mean Orreola?

Its not like he will ever be a champ. One guy I liked in the heavier weights was Librado Andrade, but his story against Bute was similar to Miranda vs Abraham. Get robbed in the first fight and KTFO in the second.

I thought for sure Carlos Negron would be a threat to the heavyweight division but sadly he got koed by a journeyman not to long ago. He is still 24 years old though maybe with time and weight he can grow to be a dangerous guy.
                      andrade had a congenit thing where he cant fully extend his left arm, his elbow has nerve damage... he never reached his full potential...
                      arreola is taking his career seriously now, he dropped a lot of weight but hes not getting the fights he needs, still i think he will be champion someday...

Comment

Working...
                      X