Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward-Kelly Pavlik is Close, Targeted For L.A.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easy fight for you know whom..

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Who is Ward supposed to fight?

It's good exposure for him.
      Ward is a dirty, overrated fighter. Let's see him fight Froch in Nottingham if he's so unbeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
        I don't understand all the hate directed toward Pavlik. He's not the first boxer/athlete that struggled with the trappings of fame and certainly won't be the last. The dude has only lost to 2 future hall of famers and has gotten his life together. He was giving Sergio hell and was winning the fight at the time of the cut.
        There was some troll commenting on the last BS article about this fight saying he wished Kelly would commit suicide. Really!? There are some degenerate lost souls on these boards -- keyboard warriors who have no clue what it takes to step inside the ring.
        Boxing fans as a species are a lowly group, I'm sorry to say.

Comment

This is a complete mis-match. Pavlik is over the hill and even when he was in his prime he'd still get beaten up like he just stoled something. Pavlik is just too slow and one-dimesional to give Ward any kind of problem. This should be an easy fight where Ward completely dominates Pavlik and stops him inside 8 rounds. Pavlik won't even win one round.

Comment

Pavlik? What a dick.

Comment

I really hope Ward or someone in his camp directly sends a message stating that this is nothing other than a "stay busy" fight because otherwise it's completely pathetic.

Comment

Ward could beat Froch if the fight was in Froch's living room with his wife and trainer as the judges, please lol. I just don't get why anyone thinks Froch has any better chance of beating Ward in the rematch? Maybe Froch can beat Kessler in the rematch, that was close and competitive. Ward/Froch was not competitive at all...or did other people see a different fight than I did? I see people mentioning how Froch is getting better etc....well what do you think Ward is doing....getting worse lol? Ward continues to get better and now he is showing power and the ability to get people out of there. I am sorry but Froch/Ward II will be a repeat of the first fight or Froch getting stopped.

As far as Ward/Pavlik, yeah I don't see this going well for Kelly. I would say Ward by UD or late stoppage. With Kelly's power though it is hard to ever truly count him out of a fight though. I am not real sure why this fight is being made though but oh well.

Comment

sure kelly hasn't shown anything the past few years, but ya know fighting stiffs can only get you so far. not the biggest fan of both, but realistically, I myself can't see kelly winning but you never know. the ghost might have something left to make something out of this.

Comment

First a weight drained Dawson, now a beer stained pavlik. Is this wards legacy? Rematch Kessler, rematch froch. Or see if he can do bute in 5 rounds like froch did.

Comment

gettin my tickets!

Comment

Working...
                      X