No announcement yet.

Current Wladimir vs the Best Version of Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    He doesn't throw his jab nearly like he used to. He spends most of the time pawing and batting away with it. In the old days he would deliver that jab like a ramrod, and deadly accurate. Then his very straight, fast right hand would come over, deadly.....
    Tyson would slip that nonsense and deliver a left hook that would dislocate Wlad's jaw and send his teeth into the 8th row

Vitali would carry him out on a stretcher

A gazelle has a better chance of killing a lion than Wlad has against Iron Mike Tyson

Comment

I see the key to beating the Klitschkos is combination punching with power and speed, and in that regards, Mike Tyson is one of the greatest combination puncher/power/speed the Heavy weight division has ever seen.

Comment

Wlad couldn't keep a prime Tyson off.

It's easy to do that against guys who are scared of your power, Tyson had no fear and would blast right through.

Comment

Originally posted by sk819 View Post
          wlad too big and powerful for him not to mention his long jab and powerful right hand. wlad by ko
          This is arguably one of the worst one sentence posts I read.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Wlad couldn't keep a prime Tyson off.

It's easy to do that against guys who are scared of your power, Tyson had no fear and would blast right through.
            It would be brutal, spectacular and quick

Tyson slips and evades Wlad's punches, Wlad has a panic attack as Tyson moves forward and delivers his favorite combo: right hook to the body, left hook to the jaw, followed up with another right to the dome which would be more than enough to have Wlad airborne out of the ring and having a tonic clonic seizure

Comment

Originally posted by Jel View Post
              This is arguably one of the worst one sentence posts I read.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
                It would be brutal, spectacular and quick

Tyson slips and evades Wlad's punches, Wlad has a panic attack as Tyson moves forward and delivers his favorite combo: right hook to the body, left hook to the jaw, followed up with another right to the dome which would be more than enough to have Wlad airborne out of the ring and having a tonic clonic seizure
                That left hook/uppercut combo would end this 'fantasy fight' I believe, it was savage.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Prime Tyson could've KOed anyone on his best night, including prime Ali. Even Ali's vaunted chin couldn't withstand repeated Mike Tyson blows. The thing is that Ali would've had the reflexes to avoid repeated shots. He would've had the wherewithal to tie-up, and the jab to keep Tyson at bay. Ali would've had the movement to elude the fury of Tyson's assault. And, of course, Ali had the final line of defense, his awesome chin to weather the occasional bomb that was sure to land.
                  I didn't argue which chin would survive Tyson's clean punch. No chin would...

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                    I didn't argue which chin would survive Tyson's clean punch. No chin would...
                    I agree with most of what you said. I also don't think Tyson will blow Wlad out.

I just disagree with Klitscho fans saying Wlad was not 'prepared' against Purrity,Sanders, or Brewster.

Once again, my uncle was at Wlad camps in the early 2000's, Wlad also have someone from his camp that posts on ESB. Wlad was never ever under prepared.
                    Wladimir takes every fight very seriously, big or small.
                    He simply lost due to a variety of reasons to Purrity,Brewster, and Sanders. Under preparation and lack of motivation are not two of them.

Wladimir will finish his career as a top 10 ATG at HW, maybe even higher assuming he don't get upsetted again.

As for Tyson vs Wlad, like my opening statement. Very hard to tell.

I think the best way will be for Wlad to cautiously and very boringly make it a UD Win. If he gets too aggressive, I don't think his chin will hold up (Neither will Lennox's for that matter)

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
                      To beat prime Tyson you need to have a strong chin, strong heart, and enough stamina to wear him down and counter him when he gets tired.

Muhammad Ali in his prime was the right guy to beat Tyson, their eras just didn't align.

I think Wlad would've been really uncomfortable with Tyson's style and just wouldn't find his normal rhythm and fighting pace. Tyson would've stopped him in the mid rounds.

^^^^^
                      Smart guy here

Comment

Working...
                      X