• Show
Clear All

Tyson KO's him
    Wlad's been dominating big, slow guys
    Tyson knew how to get inside taller guys' reach
    he'd work the body, bring Wlad's hands down, and KO him inside 6

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      How good could you be if you're no longer at your best at 24 years old. If Tyson was going through wars since he was 15-15 like a Mexican, it would be more believable. Nobody ever gives Douglas any credit, his motivation was his mother's then recent death. It's all about Tyson. In losing or winning it's all about him, Douglas not being intimidated had nothing to do with it.
      yes douglas deserves crediti I think he'd have given even a mike at his best a fight on that night. BUT that doesn't change the fact that mike was not at his best.

wlad while young and with no excuses got KTFO by Puritty AND Brewster AND Sanders ... if you want to bring up a messed up tyson's loss to douglas its easy to bring up a solid and well conditioned Wlad's losses to these three.

3 losses to these guys while in good shape is much worse than one loss to douglas while in crap shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
        Tyson KO's him
        Wlad's been dominating big, slow guys
        Tyson knew how to get inside taller guys' reach
        he'd work the body, bring Wlad's hands down, and KO him inside 6
        Wlad is very far from being slow...

Prime Tyson has every ability to KO any HW in history (except maybe prime Ali). He would need to KO Wlad to win, that's for sure. How likely is that I am not sure - I wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
          yes douglas deserves crediti I think he'd have given even a mike at his best a fight on that night. BUT that doesn't change the fact that mike was not at his best.

wlad while young and with no excuses got KTFO by Puritty AND Brewster AND Sanders ... if you want to bring up a messed up tyson's loss to douglas its easy to bring up a solid and well conditioned Wlad's losses to these three.

3 losses to these guys while in good shape is much worse than one loss to douglas while in crap shape.
          That's the thing... You can't hear Wlad making excuses - while you hear Lennox making excuses all the time (being unmotivated, underestimated opponent, being lazy, being in bad shape and so on...)

Wlad who got TKOed and present Wlad are very different fighters... Comparing that version of wlad to this is like comparing tyson in holmes fight and tyson in williams fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
            That's the thing... You can't hear Wlad making excuses - while you hear Lennox making excuses all the time (being unmotivated, underestimated opponent, being lazy, being in bad shape and so on...)

Wlad who got TKOed and present Wlad are very different fighters... Comparing that version of wlad to this is like comparing tyson in holmes fight and tyson in williams fight.
            yup and i agree with that but if people keep saying douglas then its fair game to respond and batter such BS with brewster sanders puritty. The only people arguing for wlad have to fall back on douglas even though its supposed to be on each guys respective best night. Its easy to make an argument for mike without mentioning wlad's losses.

Comment

Wlad is very far from being slow...

Prime Tyson has every ability to KO any HW in history (except maybe prime Ali). He would need to KO Wlad to win, that's for sure. How likely is that I am not sure - I wouldn't bet on it.
              didn't say Wlad was slow, his opponents are
              this era of HW's is big Europeans
              and even the American HW's are slowpokes
              Brock and Byrd weren't, and those were good wins for Wlad
              but can't see him keeping Tyson off him enough to win
              Tyson has the speed and power to take him out

Comment

I like reading your posts, please don't turn this into another Lennox vs Kbro thread. Wladimir don't make excuses because he is never out of shape and never unmotivated. I don't have to prove anything but my uncle have been in his camps from 1998-2005, he said Wlad was never unprepared and fully motivated against Purrity,Sanders,and Brewster.

A lot of outsiders don't know **** about Wladimir and just assume he was under prepared. No he was not. Wlad have never looked past an opponent in his life, he simply got iced and he learned to accept that.

Nothing Wlad could have done would have enabled him to get pass Corrie Sanders at that time of his career. I'm not saying Wlad ducked a rematch, but if he fought Corrie 6 months later, he would have gotten stopped again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jel View Post
                  Very interesting fight.
                  Wlad's boxing skills, technique,size,and single punch power vs Tyson's unique style of bob/weave, peekaboo defense, explosive multi punch power, chin, and pressure.

I am not so sure who will win but I do like to point out one thing. Most of the posts that I read on the two major boxing sites that support Wlad against Tyson will usually outline a 'game plan' for Wlad which if implemented will actually make Wladimir lose the majority of rounds.

The basis of the Pro-Wlad posters usually outline the fact that Tyson 'struggled' with tall guys and Wlad can lean on him, jab him, and impose his superior size to fight a cautious battle, with the occasional 'right hand' and wear Tyson down into the later stages.

1- Tyson didn't 'struggle' with tall guys, the tall guys fought ultra defensively and lost every single round.

2- Wlad can impose this stragety and will basically lose 8 out of 12 rounds. He's better than the likes of BoneCrusher and Tucker, so he will win a couple more rounds. But if Wlad want to beat Tyson, he will have to open up and be aggressive, which leads to counter punching and leaving himself open as well.

Wladimir does hold his hands down and is very vulnerable to counter punches even today. His inability to fight inside will also hold him back.

A reason I like Prime Lewis against Prime Tyson (just barely) is Lennox's good inside fighting. His various body combinations and upper cuts will be fantastic against someone of Tyson's style. Wlad doesn't do that, he just boxes you from the outside.

Sooner or later, Tyson will get inside on Wlad and a left hook or a body combination will land on Wlad.

Still, tough fight to call.
                  Yes very interesting, would Wlad need a stretcher or a bodybag?

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                    Yes very interesting, would Wlad need a stretcher or a bodybag?
                    I'll go with stretcher. But if Wlad does get brutalized it will most likely be him against the ropes flailing away and Vitali jumping in to save him. Motivation is key here though.

The night Wlad fought Wach had Manny's spirit with him, so he did elevate his game to a much higher level in terms of aggressiveness.

Comment

Its easy to make an argument for mike without mentioning wlad's losses.
                      That's the thing with Tyson. His absolute prime was for a very short period, but if you take him from his best night you have a fighter who would KO every HW except prime Ali... But then I don't know if even then Tyson can fight for more than 2-3 rounds like that - it never took more to put the guy out.

I'm not saying Wlad ducked a rematch, but if he fought Corrie 6 months later, he would have gotten stopped again.
                      Not very sure about that, but it is reasonable assumption. Nevertheless, present Wlad takes any version of Sanders with ease.

Comment

Working...
                      X