Comments Thread For: Photos: Angelo Santana's Brutal Knockout of Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    it was actually a nice little fight

i missed it last night because i was tearing up some poosy, so i caught it this morning.

the knockout blows didn't need to happen. the fight was over. this opponent sucked.

santana is a bit of a poor man's martinez.

at 13 pro fights he's not a bad looking fighter, though.
    You wasn't into ***** last night, lmfao. Stop ****ing lying.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      how old is he?
      upon first glance i thought he was an argentine. he's got a bit of swagger. nice skills. definitely looks like a cuban boxer. he's got a bit of pop and he's pretty slick. for less than 15 fights i like what i see. not a supreme talent, but a nice looking fighter who i'd like to see on showbox again in his next fight.
      Angelo is 24. Although I've been scouting the kid for a little while now, I don't know all that much about him. He was Cuban national champion twice in his weight division; but, as far as I know, never fought internationally. His amateur background shows in a positive way (more evidence that extensive amateur experience matters); but, like Gamboa, already displays a style suited to the pros.

I agree with your observations. Santana is fast, skilled, and has some good pop in his punches. He was aggressive enough last night, but I've seen him be even more so. Angelo doesn't appear to be a supreme talent. But he's young enough, exciting enough, and good enough, to envision as being a star someday. I was hyped to watch "The Cuban Cobra" last night. Now I'm even more amped for his next bout!

Comment

Motherfffffff

This fight was on Showtime and I missed it? Im on the same boat as NE tho... I just... couldn't turn it down.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Interesting comparison...I'll take it. I've been touting Santana for a little bit, after watching some clips of him on Youtube some time ago. I was excited to see what he'd look like last night. I wasn't disappointed. Angelo looks damn good. Perhaps the best part is, he's young. There's still time to fully develop his talent. I'll be watching with greater interest. From the looks of it, I won't be alone.
          Exactly......

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Motherfffffff

This fight was on Showtime and I missed it? Im on the same boat as NE tho... I just... couldn't turn it down.
            How you missed bro? !!!!!! Was soo beautiful display of skill and power...I m hyped..haha...I will love to see him fight again ..I hope he comeback to the ring soon...

Comment

Guys with china chin should stay away from this guy lol 135 up! Garcia(the champ) - Santana would be brutal!
              Last edited by bestboxingonly; 11-17-2012, 02:52 PM.

Comment

you can't be an arrogant wannabee showboater without a chin - you will get embarrassed quickfast. santana was taking garcia's shots then knocking him silly with his counters - hurting him with everything. Santana under my radar for real now.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  Damn, no love for pitbull? U never saw him ko that fan?
                  yeah that was trill but that black dude was out of shape , he was a poser.

Comment

Working...
                  X