Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Floyd's win over Marquez look after JMM's 3rd Pacquiao fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the same, Marquez put on the weight for Mayweather by eating. The weight was around his waist. For the last fight with Pacquiao he brought in a stength trainer and worked his way up. Do the research.

Comment

Originally posted by lazy View Post
      Not the same, Marquez put on the weight for Mayweather by eating. The weight was around his waist. For the last fight with Pacquiao he brought in a stength trainer and worked his way up. Do the research.
      Well why dont all you idiots scream for the rematch with Floyd , lol if it happened you would be crying cherry pick !

Comment

It's a fight he was expected to win but I really thought Marquez could give him more problems.It did showcase how technical and clever he is
        He is a bad style for Marquez and Marquez will always be a tough fight for Pacquiao
        I hate when people dismiss it as it is still a good win and great performance from Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Pinas View Post
          The great Oscar delahoya, shane mosley, ricky hatton, david diaz, and marco antonio barrera.
          WTF he didnt ko Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by lazy View Post
            Marquez didn't really put any weight on, he's usually around 145 fully hydrated anyways.

Comment

Complete **** fight and one that I did not buy just like I haven’t bought any of Pac’s complete **** fights since 2009 that have taken place at WW or JMW vs washed up fighters or fighters that are not even in the WW division.

However the fight just displays that Pac is still the same fighter who can’t adjust to certain styles. It states that JMM would NEVER beat Mayweather at any weight.

Nobody can say well JMM didn’t do this or he didn’t do that. JMM is a Champion, a professional boxer and has been in the sport for many years. He had his chance to get in shape just like any other time he was preparing to fight. No excuses.

Just because he lost, doesn’t mean you can blame Floyd for how JMM looked. Only blame you can give Floyd is being a fat ass from “retirement”/”vacation” and not making the agreed upon catchweight weight.

Remember, everyone wants to jump on the but but but but but that was Hoya's fault for being dehydrated vs Pac etc etc etc...

Funny how people love to go that route to make Pac look good but completely ignore that logic when it comes to Floyd.

We also won't mention how a certain **** fanbase cried (after the fact) about Floyd fighting Hatton (who was a FORMER WW title holder) at WW, but call Pac vs Bradley, JMM III/IV, and a possible Rios fight at WW legit WW fights.

smh at the double standards.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                Complete **** fight and one that I did not buy just like I haven’t bought any of Pac’s complete **** fights since 2009 that have taken place at WW or JMW vs washed up fighters or fighters that are not even in the WW division.

However the fight just displays that Pac is still the same fighter who can’t adjust to certain styles. It states that JMM would NEVER beat Mayweather at any weight.
                that's not what happened, people act like it was marquez that changed through the course of their fights but in actuality it was pacquiao that was different every time out, from a one-handed fighter, to a high activity boxer-puncher, to trying to counterpunch marquez in the third fight, last adjustment was a miscalculation and an error on pacquiao's team side

like emmanuel steward once said "marquez is trying to box pacquiao, you can't box him, you have to fight him" <-- marquez since the first fight has been trying to do what he did to the greatest extent in their third fight, vs a more nonchalant manny pacquiao, and that is box pacquiao

marquez even before ever meeting pacquiao his style was to always circle to his left, liked to fight off the back foot etc, marquez is the best and he's gone his whole career unknowingly perfecting the most affective style(so far) to fight off manny pacquiao

this is why im confident pacquiao can win again in their 4th fight, he'll come out different, once again
                Last edited by SplitSecond; 11-17-2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                  that's not what happened, people act like it was marquez that changed through the course of their fights but in actuality it was pacquiao that was different every time out, from a one-handed fighter, to a high activity boxer-puncher, to trying to counterpunch marquez in the third fight, last adjustment was a miscalculation and an error on pacquiao's team side

like emmanuel steward once said "marquez is trying to box pacquiao, you can't box him, you have to fight him" <-- marquez since the first fight has been trying to do what he did to the greatest extent in their third fight, vs a more nonchalant manny pacquiao, and that is box pacquiao

marquez even before ever meeting pacquiao his style was to always circle to his left, liked to fight off the back foot etc, marquez is the best and he's gone his whole career unknowingly perfecting the most affective style(so far) to fight off manny pacquiao

this is why im confident pacquiao can win again in their 4th fight, he'll come out different, once again
                  Cleaned it out? Who?

Hoya? lol

Clottey? He hadn't won a fight since beating Judah years before.

Mosley? Pac ducked Mosley. Remember? Mosley was the WW Champion begging Pac at multiple catchweights to give Pac every benefit possible? It was't until Mosley was losing and looking every bit of 40 before Bob made that fight.

Only WW fighter that Pac fought that was legit was Cotto, who held a title for at least fight or two. However to help your agenda here, I will ignore that Margarito already beat him and cleaned him out of the WW division before Pac even got to him.

So let's see, Hoya wasn't even a WW. JMM III wasn't even a WW. Bradley wasn't even a WW. Who am I missing? JMM IV? JMM STILL isn’t a WW. Rios? LOL

Again, when was the last time Pac fought a TOP 3 WW? A WW Champion? What about a WW that was winning? Cleaning out a division? GTFOH, he hasn’t fought anyone since beating Cotto who Margarito already beat. Just like he didn’t fight Mosley until he was already beat. I beat you think Trevor Berbik is an ATG just because he beat Ali. Funny how you like to name drop but don’t look at WHEN someone fights a fighter but rather who they fight as if that matters.

I'll make it easy for you. People are crying about Alvarez who is fighting past prime fighters or fighters that are not even in his weight division. What do you think Pac has been doing since 2009?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post

You say Pac was different, than why did a nearly 40 year old LW fighting at WW (who looked like garbage the last time fighting at WW), look better than ever vs the new and improved Pac? Why do you think after that fight Bob really made it a point to not fight Floyd? Anyone that had any doubts of Pac beating Floyd REALLY thought he would lose to Floyd after that JMM III fight. They really needed a look good fight and they though fighting another guy who doesn’t belong at WW would do the trick. After that pac picked Cotto as his first choice.

Why? Because again he wanted to look good. That didn’t happen as Bob has no control over Cotto now. So what do they do? Rematch Bradley and possibly lose again? No they fight JMM hoping that he will look like he did vs Mayweather especially now that he is getting well past it. Pac DESPRITLY needs a fight where he looks good and nobody is cutting the bill. What does Bob do now? Let’s get Rios who’s not even a real JWW to move to WW… See the trend here?

It blows my mind how nobody can tell me the last time Pac fought a TOP3 WW, let alone a WW Champion.

As for Pac vs JMM IV? It will be the same thing but now that Pac has a loss if it is very close like it was last time, I can see the judges giving it to JMM. Then we will either get JMM V or Bradley II as that will all of a sudden be an important fight to make (meanwhile Bob will sing the Mayweather tune of we want him but)...... Blows my mind how people ignore how he works.

As for Pac vs JMM IV? It will be the same thing but now that Pac has a loss if it is very close like it was last time, I can see the judges giving it to JMM. Then we will either get JMM V or Bradley II as that will all of a sudden be an important fight to make (meanwhile Bob will sing the Mayweather tune of we want him but)...... Blows my mind how people ignore how he works.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                      You say Pac was different, than why did a nearly 40 year old LW fighting at WW (who looked like garbage the last time fighting at WW), look better than ever vs the new and improved Pac? Why do you think after that fight Bob really made it a point to not fight Floyd? Anyone that had any doubts of Pac beating Floyd REALLY thought he would lose to Floyd after that JMM III fight. They really needed a look good fight and they though fighting another guy who doesn’t belong at WW would do the trick. After that pac picked Cotto as his first choice.

Why? Because again he wanted to look good. That didn’t happen as Bob has no control over Cotto now. So what do they do? Rematch Bradley and possibly lose again? No they fight JMM hoping that he will look like he did vs Mayweather especially now that he is getting well past it. Pac DESPRITLY needs a fight where he looks good and nobody is cutting the bill. What does Bob do now? Let’s get Rios who’s not even a real JWW to move to WW… See the trend here?

It blows my mind how nobody can tell me the last time Pac fought a TOP3 WW, let alone a WW Champion.

because like even marquez' trainer said "pacquiao is a better "boxer", but that will make it easier on us"

boxing(or rather playing counter-puncher) vs marquez = trouble unless your a monster boxer like floyd jr

i didn't read the rest, because reading the opening sentence(bolded) made me feel like you didn't read what i said

Comment

Working...
                      X