Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Floyd's win over Marquez look after JMM's 3rd Pacquiao fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    In another post, I presented video clips of Cotto himself stating and laughing at the idea and said that could not be a cause of concern because he came in at 146lbs the prior fight. He said that prior to the fight, right after weigh-in and even after the fight, he didn't state that as the problem.

In fact, Cotto after weigh-in said he would be too big and strong for Manny.

Cotto went on to say why he lost post fight. Cotto said Manny was just too fast and couldn't see the punches coming.

There is a difference when a fighter admits to there will be no problem coming down 1lb and stating that he will be too strong for Manny AT WEIGH-IN interview and the circumstances that had unfolded between Floyd vs Marquez.

For you to even attempt to compare the two is childish at best .... I can say worse but I will leave it at that.
    Marquez said he lost to Mayweather because he couldn't get Floyd to stand and trade and Floyd was too good at controlling range
    What's your point

Cotto refused the rematch because he refused to sacrifice his body AGAIN!!!!
    Seems to me like the weight was an issue for him
    Marquez has gone back up to WW so seems he has no issue fighting at that weight

Comment

• Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
      Marquez said he lost to Mayweather because he couldn't get Floyd to stand and trade and Floyd was too good at controlling range
      What's your point

Cotto refused the rematch because he refused to sacrifice his body AGAIN!!!!
      Seems to me like the weight was an issue for him
      Marquez has gone back up to WW so seems he has no issue fighting at that weight
      JMM said he lost to FLoyd as Floyd dont like fighting at all, he had to chase Floyd and Floyd didnt want none of fighting. Its hard to chase when your bloated and its not your natural game.

Miguels was just an excuse about sacrifising his body, he had a lot of time to think that one up. JMM hasnt an issue at fighting at WW as he is accustomed now and is older so is naturally bigger, he looks like a LMW now.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        JMM said he lost to FLoyd as Floyd dont like fighting at all, he had to chase Floyd and Floyd didnt want none of fighting. Its hard to chase when your bloated and its not your natural game.

Miguels was just an excuse about sacrifising his body, he had a lot of time to think that one up. JMM hasnt an issue at fighting at WW as he is accustomed now and is older so is naturally bigger, he looks like a LMW now.
        If you want to discredit Msyweathers win over Marquez then fair enough
        Floyd was indeed the bigger man
        You also then have to discredit Pacquiao's win over Cotto for making him drain those extra few pounds

I think both are good wins and seen as both Marquez and Cotto agreed to fight at them weights they can have no complaint

Comment

• I also think speed was the main factor in Pacquiao's win over Cotto and can't understand why he wasn't confident to rematch him at 154

Comment

• Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
            If you want to discredit Msyweathers win over Marquez then fair enough
            Floyd was indeed the bigger man
            You also then have to discredit Pacquiao's win over Cotto for making him drain those extra few pounds

I think both are good wins and seen as both Marquez and Cotto agreed to fight at them weights they can have no complaint
            I think this is where the discrepency lies. Floyd got JMM to step up 2 divisions and then came over the weight limit. Pac asked Cotto to come down 2lbs, and Miguel categorically said it was no problem before the fight up to fight night and even after losing the fight.

I only discredit Pac for feeling the need to reqeust it, rather than any evidence it actally helped Pac beat Cotto. Cotto couldnt beat Clottey convincincly so the 2lb difference wasnt the differnce between Cotto becoming superman and clark kent.

You must be able to distinguish the difference Rk-16.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              I think this is where the discrepency lies. Floyd got JMM to step up 2 divisions and then came over the weight limit. Pac asked Cotto to come down 2lbs, and Miguel categorically said it was no problem before the fight up to fight night and even after losing the fight.

I only discredit Pac for feeling the need to reqeust it, rather than any evidence it actally helped Pac beat Cotto. Cotto couldnt beat Clottey convincincly so the 2lb difference wasnt the differnce between Cotto becoming superman and clark kent.

You must be able to distinguish the difference Rk-16.
              Marquez called Floyd out and agreed to move up
              He did not come in overweight tho,the week before they offered Marquez more money for the fight to be at WW
              Marquez agreed,therefore I don't see the problem
              If Marquez refused the money,Floyd would have been forced to cut the weight
              So like Cotto,I blame Marquez for accepting

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                In another post, I presented video clips of Cotto himself stating and laughing at the idea and said that could not be a cause of concern because he came in at 146lbs the prior fight. He said that prior to the fight, right after weigh-in and even after the fight, he didn't state that as the problem.

In fact, Cotto after weigh-in said he would be too big and strong for Manny.

Cotto went on to say why he lost post fight. Cotto said Manny was just too fast and couldn't see the punches coming.

There is a difference when a fighter admits to there will be no problem coming down 1lb and stating that he will be too strong for Manny AT WEIGH-IN interview and the circumstances that had unfolded between Floyd vs Marquez.

For you to even attempt to compare the two is childish at best .... I can say worse but I will leave it at that.
                Marquez also said Floyd was just too cagey and hard to hit so....there you go

Comment

• Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
                  Marquez also said Floyd was just too cagey and hard to hit so....there you go
                  Marquez also said Floyd was better then him and that Floyd would beat Manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                    Marquez also said Floyd was better then him and that Floyd would beat Manny.
                    Yeah, but the pac turds like to ignore that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
                      Many felt BOTH of the Marquez fights at welterweight were mismatches. Pac struggled and eked out a win, and Mayweather dominated him 2 years prior coming off a 2 year layoff.

Does the win now look better to you?
                      Totally different.....JMM had to move up in weight and was not able to successfully adapt to 144 when he fought Floyd. Floyd cheated the weight and came in heavy as well. Against Manny, he felt comfortable at the weight and I presume he had some "help" filling in at the weight. He looked much faster and stronger at 147 against Manny.

If JMM fought Floyd at 147 now, he would look much better than he did 2 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X