Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know if Showtime TV ratings beat HBO on Saturday?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeromyM View Post
    Id say this weeks Hbo Championship Boxing will do over 1 million with Broner who gets people to tune in to hopefully see him lose and also with Seth Mitchell who is being groomed as the next US Heavyweight Champ.
    The problem with boxing is that it lacks momentum. It manages to get impressive numbers, and gets people talking, before it suddenly falls flat on its face, for example 2011 ended brilliantly, but 2012 started horribly. If they made a straight run with Broner, Chavez Jr, Canelo, threw in some great fights and Marquez who I think will get more attention now they could build more momentum. The fans will be more willing to watch the lesser known fighters.

I think someone like Seth Mitchell will create problems when Wlad and Vitali retire. HBO and his promoters KNOW he is not champ material, however they will get some trinket belts into his hands and market him as the HW champ. Meanwhile RTL in Germany will have their own champ, and the UK will market either Price and Fury as their champ. I see the next gen as being more of a ratings game with each respective country wanting big numbers for themselves rather than building a strong champion. There will be no final goal, no Klitshcko everyone aspires to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by JeromyM View Post
      Id say this weeks Hbo Championship Boxing will do over 1 million with Broner who gets people to tune in to hopefully see him lose and also with Seth Mitchell who is being groomed as the next US Heavyweight Champ.
      Broner last fight did over 1.4 million so i think his fight vs demarco is a sure thing to break 1 million

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
        Does that include the same day replay?

Also didn't GGG get about 500k or something?
        Golovkin got 685k viewers, which I think was the lowest before Lara-Vanes. But Golovkin didn't have to compete with a Showtime card.
        Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-15-2012, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Mike Tyson and Show Time dominated.

Comment

Working...
          X