No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner on Facing Mayweather, Endless Comparisons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
    Broner may win that fight but not by annihilation. Remember Gesta's just as big possibly naturally bigger than Broner, Gesta has trouble making 135
    Yeah I know, but i could only see this fight ending 1 way and that is by knockout and if I had to choose I say Broner gets the knockout. Because I believe Gesta would be pressing the action looking for the knockout and get caught and get ko'd himself.

Comment

Originally posted by 1prodz View Post
      Meant "impersonation". I think you spelled "just" wrong.
      Lol, just ****ing with you. Maybe "imitation"?

Comment

Originally posted by JAW View Post
        Exactly! Broner is the PROBLEM with boxing. He is backed by the hype-machine Hbo and, just like Berto and Juanma, he will get free belts and be over paid and over exposed until he is forced to face some real competition. 8/10 top junior welters destroy his ass. He doesn't have the same skill set as Mayweather has and he obviously doesn't have the work ethic.
        And it's not all Broner fault. He's young. Like you say its more the media hyping him up, but we've seen this movie before, over and over. From Vivian Harris to Berto. I wouldn't have a problem with it had Broner faced stiffer comp. starting from Ponce, but they just fed him easy fights after that. blown up feathers/flyweights, guys that can't dish it nor take it, so Broner may find himself between a rock and a hard place when the time comes along vs someone credible where he has to really dig deep or take a big shot and recover, much much harder than it looks.

Comment

And it's not all Broner fault. He's young. Like you say its more the media hyping him up, but we've seen this movie before, over and over. From Vivian Harris to Berto. I wouldn't have a problem with it had Broner faced stiffer comp. starting from Ponce, but they just fed him easy fights after that. blown up feathers/flyweights, guys that can't dish it nor take it, so Broner may find himself between a rock and a hard place when the time comes along vs someone credible where he has to really dig deep or take a big shot and recover, much much harder than it looks.
          Like poor Jason Litzau! maybe it is not all his fault, nearly as much as the promotion machine. I mean, who can blame him for taking the opportunities and money presented to him. What the hell is doing getting 300K for that last fight? Anyone know what he got to face Litzau?

Comment

Originally posted by 1prodz View Post
            Exactly Right.When you think of the word coward in boxing Floyd MAYNEVER Jr comes to mind. When the word ducker in boxing FLOYD MAYNEVER JR comes to mind. When you hear the word dodger come up FLOYD MAYNEVER JR comes to mind. Broner should take the De la hoya approach like what happen when he fought Chavez Sr. he idolize CHAVEZ as a youngster but knew it was all about the money and the fame and went in there and took Chavez out. Now if boner can get that far that's exactly what he should do in 14 or15. Mayweather promotions ain't about that life them fools are a bunch of jokes that suck floydie girl off. Mayweather promotions is nonexistent. Maynever is a selfish greedy cherry picker and known p4p coward in the sport of boxing .

Comment

until he moves to 140 and meets Rios, Garcia or Khan all of which are fully capable of stopping Broner imo.. too small...
              Rios is one dimensional, wreckless, and defense is against his religion, easy win for a polished fighter like Broner.....I honestly don't even see it being a competitive fight. Garcia's far too slow to handle Broner, and Khan's chin would crack with Broner's accuracy.

Comment

It's simple. He will never be greater than Floyd. Period. End of story.
                may be true, but that's irrelevent. you seem angered about hearing another boxer hoping to surpass an idol of his. that's the attitude that every boxer should have. why settle for less and accept being under another man?

Comment

im trying to be better than anybody who ever laced up a pair of gloves.....

how can you hate on that ^^^^^^?

Comment

Originally posted by Catch~Fade View Post
                    may be true, but that's irrelevent. you seem angered about hearing another boxer hoping to surpass an idol of his. that's the attitude that every boxer should have. why settle for less and accept being under another man?
                    thats what im talking about now all thats left for broner is to go out there and GET IT!

Comment

Originally posted by JAW View Post
                      Like poor Jason Litzau! maybe it is not all his fault, nearly as much as the promotion machine. I mean, who can blame him for taking the opportunities and money presented to him. What the hell is doing getting 300K for that last fight? Anyone know what he got to face Litzau?
                      Broner's getting paid. No doubt about it. Probably made somewhere in the 100k range for Litzu I'd assume. Question is are we getting the real deal this time or just getting another overpaid hype job like Berto?

Comment

Working...
                      X