No announcement yet.

Is Vitali Klitschko an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
    Holyfield is a drug cheat as a professional, James Toney as well, Roy Jones Jr., etc., so are you disqualifying them from ATG status as well?
    I didn't say he wasn't in the post. I was just reminding you of the omitted 'fact'.

He's a damn good boxer, and H2H probably top 15.

An ATG, though? Hmmm. His resume doesn't do it for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
      Of course he's not. No ATG can fight in a weight class, especially a heavyweight, and not beat an ATG. His best win is Sanders. Retirement really hurt him too.

Just no. No no no.
      You are wrong. You can also become an ATG by beating a large collection of B Rated fighters and showing impressive dominance over these fighters.

Which ATG did Holmes beat outside of a 37 year old shot Ali?
      Which ATG did Tyson beat outside of a shot Holmes?
      Which ATG did Bernard Hopkins beat that was a natural MW?

These guys are considered ATG'S because they dominated a wide variety of B Rated talent.

Vitali Klithscko is an ATG based on his dominance of B rated fighters and his shockingly good h2h abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
        Never been knocked down much less out as a pro.

Came back from 3+ years off due to injury to reclaim his WBC title in his first fight back and then defended it numerous times, losing only a few rounds in the process. Not only remarkable in boxing, but in sports in general.

2nd highest KO % in the division's history after Marciano.

Has never trailed on the scorecards at the end of ANY of his fights, even the two losses.

ATG?

You even need to ask this?

Of course he is.
        Given the level of competition Vitali faced, is this an achievement? I mean were basing his ATG staus on not being down on the cards when he lost. Geez.

Go watch a tape of Mike Weaver fighting John Tate. Tate won 14 straight rounds then got KTFO. DO we reward him for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Given the level of competition Vitali faced, is this an achievement? I mean were basing his ATG staus on not being down on the cards when he lost. Geez.

Go watch a tape of Mike Weaver fighting John Tate. Tate won 14 straight rounds then got KTFO. DO we reward him for that.
          Hold up, bro. He beat Chris Arreola, remember?

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
            Hold up, bro. He beat Chris Arreola, remember?
            you mean kirk Johnson and danny williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              you mean kirk Johnson and danny williams.
              Both ATG, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
                You are wrong. You can also become an ATG by beating a large collection of B Rated fighters and showing impressive dominance over these fighters.

These guys are considered ATG'S because they dominated a wide variety of B Rated talent.

Vitali Klithscko is an ATG based on his dominance of B rated fighters and his shockingly good h2h abilities.
                Sorry, I should have said Hall of Famers. Which Vitali still doesn't have.

Hopkins beat a bunch of future hall of famers.
                Tyson KO'd ATG and Hall of Famer Mike Spinks and Holmes and became the youngest heavyweight champ.
                Holmes beat Hall of Famers Ken Norton and Cooney and shot Ali.

Those are all better than what Vitali was able to accomplish, who didn't even end up holding the real heavyweight title.

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post

Who's alt is this?? What a load of crap. Vitali didn't even beat B rated fighters, most were C class. And all of those guys you mentioned dominated their division for years. Vitali has NEVER dominated the HW division--even now he's a paper champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
                    Of course he's not. No ATG can fight in a weight class, especially a heavyweight, and not beat an ATG. His best win is Sanders. Retirement really hurt him too.

Just no. No no no.
                    Ridiculous. His comeback from retirement to be so dominant after 3+ years off due to injury only works in his favor: very few have done it in boxing (Sugar Ray Leonard and Ali were out for a similar amount of time), or indeed in sports in general. It's very difficult to be out that long and then come back to be as good or better than before.
                    Last edited by The Nephilim; 11-14-2012, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                      I didn't say he wasn't in the post. I was just reminding you of the omitted 'fact'.
                      Don't see how it's relevant, as I was only talking of his professional career.

Comment

Working...
                      X