Vitali Klitschko tribute thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard Wadd View Post
    Vitali is the GOAT.

He beat Herbie Hide who had a steel chin and was the most powerful puncher ever. He was beating Chris Byrd before he quit. All that matters is that Vitali won 6 or 7 of the 9 rounds. He was beating Lewis when the ref stopped it! 4 rounds to 2! Lewis was in his prime and coming off the best win he ever had.

Vitali beat Purrity who beat Wlad and Morrison. Purrity was really good. Corrie sanders was one of the best southpaws ever and was an amazing athlete. He played golf.

Vitali beat Kirk Johnson. Chris Arreola was the best Mexican HW ever. Sam Peter is one of the hardest punchers ever and beat James Toney twice. Peter knocked down Wlad.

Vitali is really undefeated bc he was always winning even when he lost.

yup, this is exactly what 99& of the nuthugger facts about Vitali posts look like

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Wadd View Post
      Vitali is the GOAT.

He beat Herbie Hide who had a steel chin and was the most powerful puncher ever. He was beating Chris Byrd before he quit. All that matters is that Vitali won 6 or 7 of the 9 rounds. He was beating Lewis when the ref stopped it! 4 rounds to 2! Lewis was in his prime and coming off the best win he ever had.

Vitali beat Purrity who beat Wlad and Morrison. Purrity was really good. Corrie sanders was one of the best southpaws ever and was an amazing athlete. He played golf.

Vitali beat Kirk Johnson. Chris Arreola was the best Mexican HW ever. Sam Peter is one of the hardest punchers ever and beat James Toney twice. Peter knocked down Wlad.

Vitali is really undefeated bc he was always winning even when he lost.

Comment

It's a double-edged sword.

Nobody ever soundly defeated Vitali.

But we'll never know how good he really was because the competition was poor.

Comment

Klitschko brothers are seriously the absolute biggest disgraces to Boxing. i'm glad Vitali is out, its time for Wlad to go

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
            It's a double-edged sword.

Nobody ever soundly defeated Vitali.

But we'll never know how good he really was because the competition was poor.
            He quit against Byrd...got sliced up by Lewis.

Comment

You really do have to respect Vitali. If not for his career, at least for the effort in the Lewis fight. That was insane.

Comment

Vitali was without a doubt the 2nd best heavyweight named Klitschko.

Of all time

Comment

Vitali is a legend.

Comment

Statistically one of the most dominant ever, but we know statistics always have to be taken with a pinch of salt. Injuries really robbed him of his greatest possible triumphs/accomplishments and some of the best years of his career in that 2005-08 period, however - he proved a lot of people wrong in his career with a very unorthodox (some observers say/said messy and lumbering) style, he proved he would be a H2H nightmare for any heavyweight in history - a strong, tough, iron-chinned warrior with a very underrated unorthodox fighting style. All in all a great champ, but one that many will underrate due to lack of a good amount of truly difficult challenges and competition available to him, but IMHO I think would have held on to his belt(s) and probably unified the division 2004-2012/13 if Wlad had not captured the belts in Vitali's absence.

VK is a bit of a conundrum - I see how and why people don't quite rate him as highly, but personally I do.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                      Statistically one of the most dominant ever, but we know statistics always have to be taken with a pinch of salt. Injuries really robbed him of his greatest possible triumphs/accomplishments and some of the best years of his career in that 2005-08 period, however - he proved a lot of people wrong in his career with a very unorthodox (some observers say/said messy and lumbering) style, he proved he would be a H2H nightmare for any heavyweight in history - a strong, tough, iron-chinned warrior with a very underrated unorthodox fighting style. All in all a great champ, but one that many will underrate due to lack of a good amount of truly difficult challenges and competition available to him, but IMHO I think would have held on to his belt(s) and probably unified the division 2004-2012/13 if Wlad had not captured the belts in Vitali's absence.

VK is a bit of a conundrum - I see how and why people don't quite rate him as highly, but personally I do.
                      Good post mate.

Comment

Working...
                      X