Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch "If Kessler rematches me in UK, I'll give him lions share of the purse!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    Kessler was obviously injured, that's not under scrutiny. It's accepted that's why he left the tournament.

But the evidence clearly shows that it was the injury sustained as a result of the Froch fight which caused Kessler to leave the tournament, and so going back to my original point - who's to say Kessler won't sustain the same or worse damage if he fights Froch again?

There is a high possibility that Kessler gets damaged in much the same way if he fights in his usual style against Froch because the style match up sets up the scenario where Kessler is required to absorb the same sort of punishment.
    As I already said: The injury occured before Ward. He suffered from doublevision when looking down or getting hit in the head. Sure he could be reinjured in a fight or in sparring. It's not that Froch poses a particular risk in that regard though.

Comment

Its a great re-match and I think Froch would win this time. Kessler knows the last fight was a war and not sure he wants another war like that!

Comment

Where are the sources for all of these sparring injuries and for the Ward fight? He was driving around just fine in the fight camp specials after the apparent injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
          Where are the sources for all of these sparring injuries and for the Ward fight? He was driving around just fine in the fight camp specials after the apparent injuries.
          Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          The injury has been well documented both here on boxingscene and in television documentaries in my country.

I suggest you check boxingscenes articles from the time where Kessler pulled out.
          ::::::::::::::::

Comment

Originally posted by rampant View Post
            Its a great re-match and I think Froch would win this time. Kessler knows the last fight was a war and not sure he wants another war like that!
            Froch was hit with right hands to the body that made him cry to his corner. The left hook also landed frequently and since the fight that hook has become even better.

Comment

Kessler doesn't want it.

I give the guy props. He's gone to people's backywards before (not always too successfully).

But he's older now and he doesn't want another war with Froch. The last one almost retired him and he knows he wont get another lucky decision in the UK.

Why do that when you can fight bums in Denmark for over a million a pop?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                Froch was hit with right hands to the body that made him cry to his corner. The left hook also landed frequently and since the fight that hook has become even better.

Who came worse off after the fight? Kessler by a mile! He doesnt want another war like that he knows Froch will take him places he doesnt want to go anymore. Wether his left hook is better or not wont make any difference, Froch doesnt go down he'll take it and give it right back.

Thats my opinion anyway, I'd love to see a re-match happen though.

Comment

Originally posted by rampant View Post
                  Who came worse off after the fight? Kessler by a mile! He doesnt want another war like that he knows Froch will take him places he doesnt want to go anymore. Wether his left hook is better or not wont make any difference, Froch doesnt go down he'll take it and give it right back.

Thats my opinion anyway, I'd love to see a re-match happen though.
                  You are entitled to your opinion and it is all good. It is quite possible that Kessler has regressed more than Froch, but who knows? Its not like he has been in with the elite since.

Froch on the other hand looked great against Bute, but who knows how good Bute really was? Before that he had lacklustre performances against Johnson and Ward and against any of those versions of Froch I'd surely pick the viking warriour to prevail.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Kessler doesn't want it.
                    And Froch is practically begging for the fight. It's interesting that Kessler is reluctant to go to England, just like he didn't want to fight Bute in Montreal.

There's a pattern starting to emerge.

Comment

Kessler knocks him out in the rematch. He knows how to fight Froch.

Comment

Working...
                      X