Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If there was a prime Ukrainian Mike Tyson today. Will he be popular in Uk and USA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
    Not at all it's the 8,9,10 rounds of jab and grab that diminishes all the excitement you had, by the time the KO comes you're just glad it's over.
    Hopkins does it. Floyd does it. Ward does it. American/Brit boxers do it. It's where you come from. You dominate and you put more interest in it. Simple. Take it how you want it.

Comment

What's a idiot called Freedom sending me messages saying "you'd love them if they were black" for?

Comment

This card always get drawn, Wlad style isn't appealing to the masses, he isn't alone in that incase people feel he's being singled out, his style simply does not appeal in the states. Why do his fans have a hard time accepting that? It's like, when talking about Wlad none of this applies, it's all because he isn't American which is stupid. Please don't try to get at me either, my preference of fighters aren't appealing to the masses either, at least I'm not bitching or making excuses.
        Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 11-14-2012, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
          True to an extent but the other face of Boxing is American and he outsells even Manny and is not a all out exciting fighter to the extent of Tyson
          Out sell PPV wise sure, but face recognition world wide? No way Pacquaio would lose to Mayweather when it comes to that.

Comment

Look how Americans accepted and loved Pacquiao, a foreign fighter/Filipino.

It's all about the style. So yeah, Ukrainian Tyson would be loved.

Comment

If he was as exciting as Mike Tyson, absolutely... At worst we'd be looking for a legit "Great American Hope" but he'd still sell in the US

Acting as if Americans don't show love to non-American fighters, please explain Manny Pacquiao's nation-wide popularity? Now ask yourself, what's the difference between a Klitchko fight and a Pacquiao fight??

Answer Here >>> ENTERTAINMENT

Comment

nobody cares about nationality
                people watch boxing to be entertained
                if your style and/or personality is exciting, you'll be a star
                Wlad doesn't get mainstream love because casuals don't like him
                even some hardcore fans don't like him
                he gets KO's but just isn't scintillating in his style

Comment

Floyd is the exception only becuz his level of skill is entrainment in and of itself... Also, he dominates TRUE BAD ASSES...

Ward does the same thing, but there's a reason he only likes to fight in Oakland (cause its not like his fights are close enough to warrant the need for "hometown" judging)

Tim Bradley is one of my favorite fighters, and not only is the guy fairly boring given the right (or wrong) opponent, but he also has unwarranted hate becuz a couple judges declared him the victor of a fight most agree he didn't win

I have to live with that, Klitchko fans can live with the fact their fighters are boring and ruling a weak division

Comment

Pacquiao
                    Matthysse
                    Martinez
                    Maidana
                    Marquez

All exciting fighters, all popular in the US

Klitschko's have to be not boring, plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                      Pacquiao
                      Matthysse
                      Martinez
                      Maidana
                      Marquez

All exciting fighters, all popular in the US

Klitschko's have to be not boring, plain and simple.
                      I'm just glad they're not as boring as Alexander, Bradley, Hopkins etc. Now that would be boring.

Comment

Working...
                      X