Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If there was a prime Ukrainian Mike Tyson today. Will he be popular in Uk and USA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cawadoody View Post
    Agreed. For some reason some Americans just don't appreciate boxers that come from the UK, or all of Europe for that matter. Just look at the Klits.
    Same goes for European and English fans too. Its human nature to appreciate your own kind over others.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire and Fear View Post
      Manny Pacquiao is proof it doesn't matter.
      True to an extent but the other face of Boxing is American and he outsells even Manny and is not a all out exciting fighter to the extent of Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        Why, because I don't rank your hero a top 10 HW?

Don't get me wrong, bro, I was a fan of Tyson. His explosive power, footwork and speed were unrivalled.
        Youngest heavyweight champion ever

First to unify the division by capturing all 3 major belts

First undisputed champion since Leon Spinks

Came back from 4 years in prison to win two other heavyweight belts

The GOAT heavyweight talent and had a prime where no man in humanity could ever live with him in a boxing ring but could only hope to survive.

Tyson has limited competition yet the ****schkos are fighting guys like Fans Botha after Tyson already destroyed him. Tysons wins over Razor Ruddock are superior to anything the *****kos have ever done. Reigning over the weakest er of heavyweights and losing to journeymen like Ross Puritty really puts them in the top 10, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
          Youngest heavyweight champion ever

First to unify the division by capturing all 3 major belts

First undisputed champion since Leon Spinks

Came back from 4 years in prison to win two other heavyweight belts

The GOAT heavyweight talent and had a prime where no man in humanity could ever live with him in a boxing ring but could only hope to survive.

Tyson has limited competition yet the ****schkos are fighting guys like Fans Botha after Tyson already destroyed him. Tysons wins over Razor Ruddock are superior to anything the *****kos have ever done. Reigning over the weakest er of heavyweights and losing to journeymen like Ross Puritty really puts them in the top 10, huh?
          Where did I say that I rate Wladimir and Vitali as top 10 HWs?

Like I said, he was damn impressive; it's just a shame he was poorly managed.

Comment

Where did I say that I rate Wladimir and Vitali as top 10 HWs?

Like I said, he was damn impressive; it's just a shame he was poorly managed.
            To this day no heavyweight can dish out this kind of attack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58aMy4MzVsU

The uppercut in the second round would've probably sent Wlad into a comma and is probably the most powerful punch ever thrown

the combo at 1:31 is something either *****ko cannot dream of throwing

you will never see any heavyweight ever come close to that kind of hand speed, power, accuracy and combination punching ... along with the defense and chin

Tyson basically ranks top 5 in every meaningful category
            Last edited by TysonBomb; 11-13-2012, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Vitali was much more exciting than Wlad.

A Mexican Tyson would sell millions.

Wlad is technically pretty damn good, his footwork and body movement has improved a lot. Wlad VS Wach (Yes only Wach) on the bit he got hit and was on the ropes, he made Wach miss every shot. I liked that. Wlad from years a go would have got hit clean and cleaner. I am starting to like him more as I used to hate him and like Big Vit.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
                To this day no heavyweight can dish out this kind of attack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58aMy4MzVsU

The uppercut in the second round would've probably sent Wlad into a comma and is probably the most powerful punch ever thrown

the combo at 1:31 is something either *****ko cannot dream of throwing

you will never see any heavyweight ever come close to that kind of hand speed, power, accuracy and combination punching ... along with the defense and chin

Tyson basically ranks top 5 in every meaningful category

Hahahaha, sure bro.

Comment

Hahahaha, sure bro.
                  Easily top 5 in power, speed, defense, footwork, and chin

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    nowhere near as big as Tyson
                    The only HW to match or exceed Tyson was Ali. NO ONE ELSE (not even Mayweather,DLH,PAC,Mosley,SRL,Hagler etc etc etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Fire and Fear View Post
                      Manny Pacquiao is proof it doesn't matter.
                      Manny is proof it doesn't matter if you fight like something out of a movie. Floyd is proof that nationality is a factor though, given that much of the wider public would have no appreciation of his style.

Really what you're trying to do in promoting a sport is give the wider public a reason, any reason, to be interested. And if a guy who always wins is representing their country then that can often to do the trick.

Comment

Working...
                      X