No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko has taken a lot of "0"s in his career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KnockoutNed View Post
    Yeah that just an excuse. A poor excuse at that, saying he lost the fight because he gassed out is just admitting he was too deficient in the stamina and chin department to manage to go the distance with an easy set up journeyman without getting knocked out. Too stupid to know when to limit punch output. These are some of the weaknesses he has shown throughout his career.

That means quite a bit.
    Klitschko was fighting in his home town of Kiev for the first time, and trying to impress the people. He'd never been past 6 rounds before, he was knocking most of his opponents out in rounds 1 or 2.

At least Klitschko has never been knocked down by a light puncher like Pajkic or Cunningham.

If he KOs Fury, will you respect Klitschko then, or will you just start saying Fury was nothing but a bum anyway?

Are you really trying to compare Mayweather's resume with Wlad's?
    What really good fighter in his PRIME has Floyd ever beaten?

He ducked Mosley, Cotto and De La Hoya until they were faded. He feasted on limited guys like Baldomir, little guys like JMM and Guerrero, flawed opponents coming off a loss like Judah, and boxers who had been KOed several times like Mitchell.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 07-06-2015, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Klitschko was fighting in his home town of Kiev for the first time, and trying to impress the people. He'd never been past 6 rounds before, he was knocking most of his opponents out in rounds 1 or 2.
      Ok so more excuses.

At least Klitschko has never been knocked down by a light puncher like Pajkic or Cunningham.
      Wlad actually getting stopped by a talentless sub 50 ranked journeyman rates as being much worse. Fury would have never lost to an opponent of that calibre.

If he KOs Fury, will you respect Klitschko then, or will you just start saying Fury was nothing but a bum anyway?
      If he beats Fury clearly and cleanly I will give him credit as it would be his best career win to date. However I don't anticipate I will have to because Wlad doesn't have the boxing skills to clearly and cleanly outbox Tyson Fury.

What really good fighter in his PRIME has Floyd ever beaten?

He ducked Mosley, Cotto and De La Hoya until they were faded. He feasted on limited guys like Baldomir, little guys like JMM and Guerrero, flawed opponents coming off a loss like Judah, and boxers who had been KOed several times like Mitchell.
      So just for the record you think Wlad has a better resume than Floyd?

Comment

What about wilders record

Comment

If he beats Fury clearly and cleanly I will give him credit as it would be his best career win to date. However I don't anticipate I will have to because Wlad doesn't have the boxing skills to clearly and cleanly outbox Tyson Fury.
          Okay, so you won't make negative comments about Klitschko if he knocks out Fury? Surely a man nearing age 40 deserves credit if he stops the age 26 giant traveler.

Wlad does have the boxing skills to outbox and KO Fury. I'm not sure if he's still young enough, though.

Comment

most underrated heavyweight champion of all time. His biggest fault is that he is not American ( :

Comment

Freedom I thought u turned heel on wlad?

I'm his number 1 supporter now.

Comment

Originally posted by BTL View Post
                Freedom I thought u turned heel on wlad?

I'm his number 1 supporter now.
                He made a statement in an interview on a Ukrainian site that he didn't like the idea of the "brotherly peoples" Russian and Ukrainians killing each other, so I've warmed to him somewhat after reading that.

I didn't like his illegal tactics against Povetkin (excessive holding and repeatedly shoving the smaller man down to the canvas) and Pianeta (pushing down on him repeatedly to tire him out).

But that being said, I think he's accomplished a lot in his career and he's underrated and underappreciated as a boxer by many people. He wasn't using the illegal tactics until the past few years, I think age is bringing out the B-Hop in him.

Comment

Ok so more excuses.

Wlad actually getting stopped by a talentless sub 50 ranked journeyman rates as being much worse. Fury would have never lost to an opponent of that calibre.

So just for the record you think Wlad has a better resume than Floyd?
                  ross puritty, lamon brewster, corrie sanders would beat up fury.

Comment

ross puritty is easy to dismiss if you just look at his W/L.

but he was one of those guys that look like crap vs scrubs but have wars with elites.

and wlad did gas out kicking his ass. he was going for the ko.

but ross is not one easily koed.

hasim rahman, corrie sanders, michael grant, tommy morrison, attilla levin, kirk johnson, larry donald, chris byrd, eliecer castillo.... all went the distance with puritty. and those are quality guys, some are huge or big punchers.

eddie chambers and dimitrenko couldn't ko a 40 yr. old puritty.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                      ross puritty is easy to dismiss if you just look at his W/L.

but he was one of those guys that look like crap vs scrubs but have wars with elites.

and wlad did gas out kicking his ass. he was going for the ko.

but ross is not one easily koed.

hasim rahman, corrie sanders, michael grant, tommy morrison, attilla levin, kirk johnson, larry donald, chris byrd, eliecer castillo.... all went the distance with puritty. and those are quality guys, some are huge or big punchers.

eddie chambers and dimitrenko couldn't ko a 40 yr. old puritty.
                      yea,,,purrity was an odd one. he seemed to look terrible against weak opponents but was always at least game when he stepped up. he got robbed against tommy morrison and knocked out jorge loius gonzalez and joe hipp who were descent journeyman guys at the time

Comment

Working...
                      X