No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko has taken a lot of "0"s in his career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vorgaphe View Post
    Do you honestly believe that Wlad has fought better opponents than Lewis?
    It's close... maybe not H2H, I'd say Lewis' win over Holyfield stands out. But Vlad has the longevity and has taken the more 0's (and is still doing it). Lewis only beat a few undefeated guys.

Vladimir simply has a more impressive career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      How good someone's opponents were is mainly a matter of opinion, which depends to a degree upon whether you like the fighter or not.
      True, though we can learn much more about an opponent's level relative to the era they're fighting in if they fight each other. That's the problem I have with the modern heavyweight scene. We just don't know how good a lot of the so-called top fighters in the division are because they're never been matched tough, never had to face adversity against other fighters gunning for the same prize as themselves.

This is a criticism I've levelled at the division for a number of years now. Fighters just don't fight each other while coming up through the ranks, but pad their records in the hope that they can negotiate a title fight sometime down the line, which of course leaves them woefully underprepared for what the champ brings. Thankfully the situation seems to be changing a little of late. Guys like Jennings, Cunningham, Perez, Takam, Chisora and Thompson seem to have no compunctions about who they fight, and the new breed of fighters seems to be the same way (though I'm starting to have doubts about Joshua). Wins over any of those guys is worth ten times a win over an overprotected patsy who's never had to face adversity.
      Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 07-25-2015, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
        It's close... maybe not H2H, I'd say Lewis' win over Holyfield stands out. But Vlad has the longevity and has taken the more 0's (and is still doing it). Lewis only beat a few undefeated guys.

Consistently being in competitive matchups against top rated opposition is worth far more than just protecting a meaningless 0 by fighting nobodies. An 0 is only really worth taking if the fighter possessing it has fought and defeated a large number of proven top level fighters, and a number of Wlad's undefeated opponents cannot claim that accolade. So in that respect, the number of 0s he's taken is rather meaningless.

Comment

Impressive how? He doesn't really have any stand out wins. There are no fights where you think "wow, he was great that night". It's all sort of meh. Peter in the first fight, that was good. Byrd first time was good. Haye was ok - good win, but average performance. Where was his great night?

Maybe it will come against Fury? Or Wilder? Maybe he also needs a dance partner and is too good for his own good. Possible. But Lewis beat Golota in seconds for example. Golota would have been Wladimir's best knockout win imo. not that it takes much.
          Last edited by LacedUp; 07-25-2015, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Impressive how? He doesn't really have any stand out wins. There are no fights where you think "wow, he was great that night". It's all sort of meh. Peter in the first fight, that was good. Byrd first time was good. Haye was ok - good win, but average performance. Where was his great night?

Maybe it will come against Fury? Or Wilder? Maybe he also needs a dance partner and is too good for his own good. Possible. But Lewis beat Golota in seconds for example. Golota would have been Wladimir's best knockout win imo. not that it takes much.
            Yet you ran off the other thread when I provided a link showing that steward said Wlad was better than Lewis,too bad for you the ignore list is limited to your own threads.........
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-25-2015, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              How good someone's opponents were is mainly a matter of opinion, which depends to a degree upon whether you like the fighter or not.

Chagaev, Ibragimov, Jennings, Povetkin, and 2005 Peter were all very good wins for Klitschko. Most people thought Peter would destroy him at that time.

I just hope you will be fair and give Klitschko credit after the Fury fight if he wins. I'm not sure he will win, for me it's a 60-40 fight, and I see many boxers and boxing pundits are predicting a Fury win.

Considering Wladimir will turn 40 a few months after the fight, and Tyson is a 6'9" age 26 undefeated opponent, Klitschko certainly deserves some respect if he wins.
              Chagaev was a late replacement opponent, IIRC he had been laid up with a bad case of Hepatitis. Ibragimov and Jennings were dreadful fights were Wlad showed little skill, creativity or aggression. Ibragimov was billed as a decent fighter but I saw him going life and death with journeyman Ray Austin. Jennings was completely feathfisted(more to do with lack of technique) had less than 30 fights in his entire life and had only started training full time when he got the call up to fight Wlad. And Povetin was the worst HW title fight I've ever seen Wlad might as well have been wearing a singlet because he was a 100% wrestler that night, not a boxer. Didn't you agree not long ago that you thought he should have been DQ'd?

As for Fury, I'll give him credit if he can clearly and cleanly defeat him. No robberies or excessive cheating just neat n tidy boxing. I just don't see how Wlad can possibly win against an opponent of Fury's calibre without relying on the former or the latter.

Comment

Your opinion, not fact.
                It's readily evident to anyone who isn't a Kliturd.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockoutNed View Post
                  Chagaev was a late replacement opponent, IIRC he had been laid up with a bad case of Hepatitis. Ibragimov and Jennings were dreadful fights were Wlad showed little skill, creativity or aggression. Ibragimov was billed as a decent fighter but I saw him going life and death with journeyman Ray Austin. Jennings was completely feathfisted(more to do with lack of technique) had less than 30 fights in his entire life and had only started training full time when he got the call up to fight Wlad. And Povetin was the worst HW title fight I've ever seen Wlad might as well have been wearing a singlet because he was a 100% wrestler that night, not a boxer. Didn't you agree not long ago that you thought he should have been DQ'd?

As for Fury, I'll give him credit if he can clearly and cleanly defeat him. No robberies or excessive cheating just neat n tidy boxing. I just don't see how Wlad can possibly win against an opponent of Fury's calibre without relying on the former or the latter.
                  I hate to say it,but you need to find another sport to analyze,your last sentence totally made you look like you never watched ONE fight before ,not even laced up can be that dumb!

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    Yet you ran off the other thread when I provided a link showing that steward said Wlad was better than Lewis,too bad for you the ignore list is limited to your own threads.........
                    Ran off? I responded to that post. And you're not on my ignore list? Haha.

Steward said Wlad had more natural talent, but didn't show it in the ring. Lennox did. he said Wlad wouldn't adapt to what he was telling him, Lennox would.

He also said Lennox faced better opposition and he beat everyone he was in the ring with. Wlad hasn't.

So clearly Lewis is better, oh yeah, and add to that Steward ranked him higher than Wlad

Not that I need Steward's words to form my own opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      I hate to say it,but you need to find another sport to analyze,your last sentence totally made you look like you never watched ONE fight before ,not even laced up can be that dumb!
                      This is coming the guy that believes a 10yrs past prime retiree failure of the Lewis era would easily beat Ali.

Of course you must disagree, your malformed Kliturd brain can't process any comment that isn't made by another delusional ballgagger.

Comment

Working...
                      X