Dibella: "Martin Murray is the desired opponent" [for Martinez]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
    LOL

GTFO, everybody knows that the top guys are Geale, Golovkin, and Quillin. All 3 fighters were coming off wins over other top 10 middleweights. Its really not that hard to see, hes been doing this right after the Dzinzurik fight. If you don't call his last few opponents cherry picks then something is definitely wrong with you.

Dibella can go fuck off with his stupid ass comments about Golovkin.
    Well his last opponents were Chavez Jr, WBC champion and top 10 middleweight and Macklin who actually beat Sturm (who was beaten by Geale now that you mention that he was also coming of a win against a top 10 MW) ...

So I don't see how those fights are worse than GGGs fights against Proksa and freaking Fuchigami.

Or those of Geale with Sturm and Adama.

Or those of Quillin against N'Dam N'Jikam and freaking Ronald Wright.

If you actually think that Fuchigami and Wright are better opponents than Macklin then you're just an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      Martinez is off my P4P top 10 list
      Did you take Pacquiao off when he fought Mosley? Or when he fought JMM at welterweight? Or how about now that he's gonna fight him again at welterweight?

Comment

Not a big deal, Murray is a tough competitor and Golovkin still need to raise his profile up to make the Martinez fight worth it.

Comment

I'm picking Murray to win this one (although he may not get the decision).

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
            Well his last opponents were Chavez Jr, WBC champion and top 10 middleweight and Macklin who actually beat Sturm (who was beaten by Geale now that you mention that he was also coming of a win against a top 10 MW) ...

So I don't see how those fights are worse than GGGs fights against Proksa and freaking Fuchigami.

Or those of Geale with Sturm and Adama.

Or those of Quillin against N'Dam N'Jikam and freaking Ronald Wright.

If you actually think that Fuchigami and Wright are better opponents than Macklin then you're just an idiot.
            Implying Macklin got robbed against Sturm? LOL it was a close fight just like Sturm vs Geale, it was a fight that could have gone either way. Chavez JR was an ok win I give him that, considering how big JR is but lets not act like JR was coming off some great win, he beat Andy Lee who was a prospect at most and he showed alot of improvement.

I like Martinez but lets be real, he has been cherry picking after the Dzinzurik fight, sure he had great wins up until that point but Barker, Macklin and Chavez JR is not a great run for Martinez who is the Lineal champ of his division. Geale, Golovkin and Quillin, those are the top guys in the division who were coming off solid wins against top 10 middleweights.

Comment

I'm sure Martin Murray brings more to the table than Gennady Golovkin.

Anyways, Murray is a solid fighter but Martinez should be a level or two above him and he'll be motivated by defending his titles at home.

Comment

I was dissappointed to read this, but, really, when you think about it, it isn't a bad fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  So how can Sergio fans claim Floyd, who is two weight classes away from Sergio in terms of size, is ducking Sergio......but then also claim that Sergio fighting Murray and not fighting Golovkin is alright, even though Golovkins is CLEARLY the biggest threat for Sergio???? And hey, they are both in the same weight class and around the same size.

Double standard???? I mean Dibella and Team Sergio were running around talking about how Golovkin brings nothing to the table and no one knows him, acting like Sergio is a PPV star or some s**t (he was responsible for maybr 5% tops of those 475K PPV buys).......and than fight Murray.
                  To be fair, most reasonable fans would acknowledge that Sergio deserves an opportunity to establish a home following that will give him a bit more muscle at the negotiating table back in the US, and maybe help land him the 2-3 huge fights he wants before he retires. He's taken on all the tough opponents he could get in recent years and there aren't any real question marks over him in that respect.

Comment

I wish everyone would call out Martinez the way they do Mayweather and Pac. The double standards for him compared to those two, especially since so many want to rank Martinez above them, are pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      I wish everyone would call out Martinez the way they do Mayweather and Pac. The double standards for him compared to those two, especially since so many want to rank Martinez above them, are pathetic.
                      That's not a gamble any rational person would take, one does not put in the amount of work Martinez has to then gamble it away with the uncertainty of being 100% health wise. He's coming off of surgery, he's a great athlete but still human. On top of that his choice of opponent could have been worse, Murray may be decent but he's still no slouch. I'm extremely confident that after this fight it will either be Quillin, Golovkin, Cotto or Canelo, watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X