Is Muhammad Ali an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
    okay so lets see: Here are the hall of famers Ali beat:
    Archie Moore: a past his prime light heavyweight. (That's like Klitschko beating Chad Dawson)

Sonny Liston: had one title defence in his whole career. Apart from beating another light heavyweight hall of famer twice (Patterson), he didn't do too much other than that.

Floyd Patterson: a light heavyweight. nuff said.

Joe Frazier: beat Ali in one of the fights. Furthermore Foreman didn't have problems with Frazier

Ken Norton: in reality he beat Ali twice. got right into the hall of fame cause other than the Ali fights, he didn't beat the other high level opponents he fought.

George Foreman

see. you can discredit every fighter if you really want to. You guys are doing that with Klitschko since years. But Klitschko didn't fight light heavyweights to get into the hall of fame. One Klitschko alone fought more undefeated opponents than Ali, Frazier and Foreman combined and none of them have been light heavyweights.

Comment

whatever. I think Ali is one of the greatest heavyweights ever. And so are both Klitschkos. end of story.

Comment

22 voted no, I wonder who these boxing fans are? or are they?

Comment

Just wonderin'
          I wish eternal diarrhea on you for asking such a dumb question.

Comment

So this is this year result of Joe not being consider an ATG? Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame
              and I want you to take a gun and blast your brains out
              Loser, grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                22 voted no, I wonder who these boxing fans are? or are they?
                I always go Au Contraire in the poll when an obvious question is asked.

Comment

Archie Moore: a past his prime light heavyweight. (That's like Klitschko beating Chad Dawson)
                  Not a great win, I agree.

Sonny Liston: had one title defence in his whole career. Apart from beating another light heavyweight hall of famer twice (Patterson), he didn't do too much other than that.
                  Listons best work was done before he won the title... and he's a top 10 HW ATG.

[B]Floyd Patterson: a light heavyweight. nuff said.
                  He was a two time HW champ...

Joe Frazier: beat Ali in one of the fights. Furthermore Foreman didn't have problems with Frazier
                  Styles make fights.

Ken Norton: in reality he beat Ali twice. got right into the hall of fame cause other than the Ali fights, he didn't beat the other high level opponents he fought.
                  The fights were close, Norton probably deserved two though.

You forgot Ali's clear dominance and longevity. He won so many of his big fights past prime, and made 20 odd defences of the HW title over his 2 separate careers.

He has the highest percentage of Top 10 contenders faced of any fighter ever.

Plus H2H he is pretty damn good.

Comment

22 people voted no?

What a joke. I bet most of the people who voted no haven't even seen any of his fights and like to play boxrec warrior. Like him or not, I don't see how any boxing fan can not see the how great of a fighter he was.

Comment

okay so lets see: Here are the hall of famers Ali beat:

Floyd Patterson: a light heavyweight. nuff said.

George Foreman

see. you can discredit every fighter if you really want to. You guys are doing that with Klitschko since years. But Klitschko didn't fight light heavyweights to get into the hall of fame. One Klitschko alone fought more undefeated opponents than Ali, Frazier and Foreman combined and none of them have been light heavyweights.
                      Great post!

Comment

Working...
                      X