No announcement yet.

Lou DiBella on Sergio vs Golovkin: 'A fight that economically makes no sense'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
    Sergio has yet to face the other good MW's in the division. If you rank JCC without factoring in his fake belt and his name then he is the 6th or 7th best fighter in the division at best. DiBella has done well molding him into a name, but eventually he's going to have to step up before he retires. I don't see Golovkin going anywhere anytime soon.
    Before Martinez/Chavez, I had Jr. ranked #3. He had a better resume than Golovkin/Quillin/Geale/Pirog imo. I know he didn't deserve a shot at the belt to begin with, but that's another topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      The point is that neither does Martin Murray.

So the issue is that they're taking an easier fight for about the same, if not less money. Which comes into ducking territory.
      Again though, it was made known to everyone that his next fight was going to be in Argentina.

We dont know if GGG or many others would have gone to Argentina, Murray is doing so. He;ll get his home fight which he wanted for him and his fans, he'll get about the same as he would have gotten from GGG and it's his first fight back after surgery.

GGG has time to beat someone and put himself in line for next.

Comment

I'm a big GGG fan but Murray is actually more proven than GGG because he fought Sturm and got robbed according to most people. The guy should be a champion right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Yet Barker and Murray "economically make sense"?

Martinez fought them because he had already earned a fight with the big names. So he had the right to start fighting those guys. After the Pavlik win and Pwill KO. Lets not forget, he didnt just beat the most feared man, he STOPPED him in 3 rounds. I felt he had the choice to fight those guys, and stick it out until he could get a big name and it paid off.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Again though, it was made known to everyone that his next fight was going to be in Argentina.

We dont know if GGG or many others would have gone to Argentina, Murray is doing so. He;ll get his home fight which he wanted for him and his fans, he'll get about the same as he would have gotten from GGG and it's his first fight back after surgery.

GGG has time to beat someone and put himself in line for next.
            We don't know because Lou Di Bella has no interest in offering Golovkin the fight in Argentina, the USA or anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              I'm a big GGG fan but Murray is actually more proven than GGG because he fought Sturm and got robbed according to most people. The guy should be a champion right now.
              Have you actually watched the fight? Sturm actually won that won

Comment

Originally posted by ~Django~ View Post
                Did you read the quote and did you see who Martinez next opponent is?

This guy walks on water on this site. Im not buying it this is a duck move.
                I've been hating on Sergio moves for the past couple years. He is the biggest hypocrite in the sport.

I get him being old and looking after the big money fights, but my god dont claim you are being ducked by everyone when you are also ducking everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Have you actually watched the fight? Sturm actually won that won
                  Murray won that fight. But regardless, he had a competitive fight against a big name, still better than anything GGG has done. And I'm sure Dibella is going to negotiate a nice deal with british television.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Django~ View Post
                    Would he really have a choice though? He called out Martinez. Im pretty sure he wasnt going to come to the negotiating table acting like a big shot.

Shiet, anyone can call out someone. Let's learn the details of what he is offering first though.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                      I've been hating on Sergio moves for the past couple years. He is the biggest hypocrite in the sport.

I get him being old and looking after the big money fights, but my god dont claim you are being ducked by everyone when you are also ducking everyone.
                      Ducking everyone yet he just fought the #2 or #3 guy in his division.

Comment

Working...
                      X