No announcement yet.

Is Joe Calzaghe an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    JC could have done more, and the same has been said of Floyd. Floyd probably gets even more criticism than JC believe it or not, and i think anyone does.

Floyds gets criticised for not doing enough and taking long retirements, at least JC didnt. If he didnt fight for long period it was cos his hand needed healing and he didnt have special injections for them.
    Calzaghe win over hopkins could be argued to be better than any wins on floyds resume, taking into perspective what hopkins accomplished after that defeat
    but floyd gets more credit for jumping a ton of weight classes, and on hindsight the cherrypicking looks good on his record with a bunch of noticeable names but most past their primes (mosley,dlh) or smaller fighters (hatton, jmm)

Comment

• Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
      Calzaghe win over hopkins could be argued to be better than any wins on floyds resume, taking into perspective what hopkins accomplished after that defeat
      but floyd gets more credit for jumping a ton of weight classes, and on hindsight the cherrypicking looks good on his record with a bunch of noticeable names but most past their primes (mosley,dlh) or smaller fighters (hatton, jmm)
      calzaghe clearly lost that fight if you know how to judge boxing(missing doesn't count, getting hit does count against you) and is floyd mayweather really the guy you want to compare someone to when trying to defend them and their weak resume?

Comment

• Zags is an ATG. He beat a still tough Hopkins. Most of his wins were dominant. He had excellent boxing skills. He was undefeated. When everyone in the world thought he'd ge t battered he went on to beat the brakes off of Lacy. He fought nothing but big names on the way out. I give him an honest shot against any MW in history. I really hate when cats try to convince themselves that he was an average fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
          Zags is an ATG. He beat a still tough Hopkins. Most of his wins were dominant. He had excellent boxing skills. He was undefeated. When everyone in the world thought he'd ge t battered he went on to beat the brakes off of Lacy. He fought nothing but big names on the way out. I give him an honest shot against any MW in history. I really hate when cats try to convince themselves that he was an average fighter.
          Joe calzaghe SD Sugar Ray Robinson

Deal with it People!

Comment

• No..... Not at all

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
              Joe calzaghe SD Sugar Ray Robinson

Deal with it People!
              Robinson above ww ain't the same. I meant SMW anyway. You could pick any MW too. You can't be honest obviously because you're riding that Sig and Zags hasn't fought in 5 fukin years.

Comment

• ATG....what? Fighter? No... SMW? Probably. The division isn't old enough to really have that many, so if you've got a shallow pool for the time being it's possible to have him wade in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                  Robinson above ww ain't the same. I meant SMW anyway. You could pick any MW too. You can't be honest obviously because you're riding that Sig and Zags hasn't fought in 5 fukin years.
                  yeah i know that's why calzaghe split decisions the crap outta him. stops him if it's in the UK of course.

Comment

calzaghe clearly lost that fight if you know how to judge boxing(missing doesn't count, getting hit does count against you) and is floyd mayweather really the guy you want to compare someone to when trying to defend them and their weak resume?
                    LMAO Ring magazine said the decision should have been UNANIMOUS for Calzaghe, and Hopkins is American AND Golden Boy

your argument has the substance of a cold bucket of sick

get over it

Comment

missing doesn't count
                      And slapping doesn't count.

Comment

Working...
                      X