Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIGO can play with this kid!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      I like Mares, hes a class act in interviews. I loved how he went about calling out another fighter on another promoter. I like Donaire also, hes a great exciting fighter. Love watching him spar and imitate other boxers.

And there is no question this is the best fight that can be made at that weight. Two top 10 P4P on my list

Having said that, Donaire would win this fight easily and possibly by KO.

Mares likes to bang but he throws wide and leaves himself wide open. I seriously question Mares power. He was hitting Moreno with flush overhand rights to Morenos chin and to the body (and lower) all night and Moreno made it to the final bell easily.

Donaire in my opinion not only has the superior hand speed and power, but also skills and footwork. What happens when Donaire catches him with a check left hook when hes throwing that wide overhand right?

This is like when JCC JR called out Martinez. Yes its the fight everyone wanted to see but JR wasn't ready and took a beating from a superior fighter in every way
      Chavez Jr wasn't beating top notch fighters the way Mares is doing it. Rubio, Manfredo, Lee don't compare to Vic, Moreno and Agbeko.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        This is nothing like Jr. Mares might lose to Donaire, but he has fought top notch guys and is a die hard pro. He is as ready as ready can be even if he were to lose. Someone is always going to lose. It's insulting to compare someone as proven as Mares to someone as gilded and unprofessional as Jr.
        Not really if you look at both their resumes

They are both 26 years old

Chavez has almost twice the number of fights Moreno has

Chavez has fought the best in his division unlike Moreno

Chavez has fought a top pound 4 pound fighter that he almost KO

I think Abeko beat Mares in the first fight and I think Zbik beat Chavez

You could make the argument either way who has the better resume at this point

Comment

Good now if only Golden Boy finally allows it for Mares. Donaire's been asking for this fight for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            Not really if you look at both their resumes

They are both 26 years old

Chavez has almost twice the number of fights Moreno has

Chavez has fought the best in his division unlike Moreno

Chavez has fought a top pound 4 pound fighter that he almost KO

I think Abeko beat Mares in the first fight and I think Zbik beat Chavez

You could make the argument either way who has the better resume at this point
            He's got a lot of fights because he got paid to do amateur stuff. Zbik can't lace Agbeko's shoes. He got gifted a belt, never beat anyone, and got knocked out by Felix Sturm. Who gets knocked out by Sturm? Chavez had one good minute against Martinez. Outside that, he'd barely seen better than a fringe contender at Middleweight.

Mares is a class or four above Chavez.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              Saw official cards. It wasn't the case in 11. Bad assumption on my part.
              The rounds you had even or swing probably went to Mares. Judges tend to favor the pressure fighter over the runner in general.

Although that 120-106 judge obviously didn't know what he was doing.

Originally posted by RINGG View Post
              Good now if only Golden Boy finally allows it for Mares. Donaire's been asking for this fight for ages.
              Mares said that Golden Boy is willing to make this happen, even if it means walking over to Bob Arum's house to get it done.

Let's see if Abner fits into Arum's plans for Donaire.
              Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 11-11-2012, 03:40 AM.

Comment

I got the Filipino flash against anyone but rigo

Comment

Mares needs to get in line, behind Rigondeaux.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
                    Mares needs to get in line, behind Rigondeaux.
                    Why? Mares has done more to earn this fight. His resume is much better than Rigo's.

Not to mention that he is a bigger attraction and brings more of a fanbase to the table.

Comment

Foster, new CA Commish needs 2 rip up & suspend James Jen-Kin the almost 80 year old fool that gave Moreno every round.Obviously he has vision and concentration issues and should not be allowed to take the careers of2 elite boxers in his hands...

Comment

Working...
                      X